IGNORED

Do You Think We Need Another Striker?

IdliketoRogerMoore

Not sure if we need a new striker/s. Over the years we've had a habit of turning good players in to bad ones while they've been here, so would it make a difference if we had new bods up front?

I think it's about the service/delivery from the midfield that we've lacked so perhaps this new look team will make a difference this season and create more opportunities for the goal machines up front?

I think we will start with baldock davies and jet in the 11. If one is injured then things still dont look too bad regarding the abiliy to score. Its when 2 are out that i think problems will show.

I dont think we will sign another striker unless our goals for collumn looks abysmal on 31 august and he panics. Even then i think he will wait for the loan window.

Lets have a look at our possible midfield and attack for this season...

1).......Wagstaff........Kelly.......Wynter

...........................JET

.................Baldock.......Davies

2)Wagstaff.........Kelly........Wynter.......Bryan

...............................JET

...................Baldock......Davies

With JET likely to play behind the two strikers, that could lead to three in midfield or three at the back with Bryan coming on the left flank. I don't think Pearson is in SOD's plans, and I'm not sure if Elliot is either! I do however think there is goals in those two options above, but I would like to see one more striker added to the squad.

I think we deffo need someone.

Davies and Baldock are very injury prone.

Taylor I thought wasn't bad on Saturday, held the ball up and looked for other players but never looks like scoring or gets in scoring positions.

Burns isn't ready yet, so a striker on loan would be good.

I agree entirely Tins. Taylor is very good at holding the ball up and looking for team mates to support him. I'd like to see him having a go at goal. Tom King's cross in the second half on Saturday was excellent and Taylor should have taken ball defender and goalkeeper into the goal with him. Instead he got caught underneath the ball and put a weak effort over the bar.

Interesting this Davies and Baldock are "injury prone" theory.

Last season Davies signed one game into the season, he was then available for selection 40 times out of 45.

Baldock signed two games into the season and was available 37 times out of 44.

Not what I would call "injury prone".

We havn't been a free scoring team for years, so it would be nice to sign a proven goal scorer at this level and give the oposition something to worry about.

The trouble is, I don't think a lack of a goal scorer has been a problem, but more the number of chances (and quality of them) that we have created for them.

Should have convinced Danny Haynes to come back, he proved himself at this level.

I hope you're avin a bubble ,Danny Haynes only proved that he is not quite good enough.I will watch his career at Notts County with interest but hé is a player with bags of potential who has never quite done it regularly enough to stay at any club very long.

Archived