IGNORED

Do You Think We Need Another Striker?

IdliketoRogerMoore

I've got to admit that I've always come to Ryan Taylors defence, but I thought he looked terrible against Rangers. I think we should be looking to recruit someone in his mould but with a bit more experience up top to hold onto the ball and run the channels. That's something I think we are really going to miss with Stead gone.

Yes we do,

Baldock and Davies both injury prone but quilaty

Taylor even more injury prone and couldn't score from 3 inchs out if his life depended on it,

I'd give Bradley Wright-Phillps a one year contract, good striker at this level

We don't have "3 recognised strikers", Emmanuel-Thomas is equally at home playing there and both Burns and Krans are on professional contracts. There is no point in them being in the squad if we won't make any use of them.

I simply don't think the space is there in the wage bill anyway whilst both Baldock and Davies are still on our books.

I wouldn't be too shocked to see one of them go (if we can find a taker) and then they'll be a new striker, likewise if Taylor was moved on.

Otherwise I expect us to start with what we have now.

I've got to admit that I've always come to Ryan Taylors defence, but I thought he looked terrible against Rangers. I think we should be looking to recruit someone in his mould but with a bit more experience up top to hold onto the ball and run the channels. That's something I think we are really going to miss with Stead gone.

Same here, only I saw him against Clevedon, not Rangers. The times I've seen him play for us previously I thought he might have something, put himself about and took a few knocks. But pre-season I couldn't believe how bad he was, like he had completely forgotten how to play football. I know he had a long lay off from injury but this was unbelievable.

I do think we will bring somebody else in, it would be a huge gamble relying on these 3 being fit never mind gelling and scoring. It's been such a long time, or seems it, since we had a decent partnership upfront. I think the answer is elsewhere.

Agreed Herman but there is also the need to win football matches and persisting with them if we never look like we're going to score just wouldn't be sensible. I want them to be given a chance but nothing I've seen in pre-season so far, apart from the odd glimpse of potential, has me full of confidence they could rip up League One. Wouldn't be surprised to see some of them out on loan again this season to see if they can score goals outside of kids football.

In the Sunday Independent yesterday, Richard Latham, who is usually pretty reliable on City matters, said he would not be surprised to see both Baldock and Davies go before the season starts.

Well I hope it's soon then. We don't want to be chasing strikers on Aug 2nd.

In the Sunday Independent yesterday, Richard Latham, who is usually pretty reliable on City matters, said he would not be surprised to see both Baldock and Davies go before the season starts.

I wouldn't of thought so, they wouldn't of flown out to spain with the squad if we were intending to sell them,

I expect both to be in the squad for bradford

I think we deffo need someone.

Davies and Baldock are very injury prone.

Taylor I thought wasn't bad on Saturday, held the ball up and looked for other players but never looks like scoring or gets in scoring positions.

Burns isn't ready yet, so a striker on loan would be good.

I think we deffo need someone.

Davies and Baldock are very injury prone.

Taylor I thought wasn't bad on Saturday, held the ball up and looked for other players but never looks like scoring or gets in scoring positions.

Burns isn't ready yet, so a striker on loan would be good.

I keep on saying this, Burns is a winger and a good one to, all of his effective work comes from the flanks, its where he feels most comfortable at the moment.

he will need time to develop into a more central role, but used in the right way he will terrorise defences with his pace.

SOD unlikely to want to go out and out width, but he has the optio with Burns, question is can he develop into being an effective central attacker as well

too early to say imo

for now, check the Clevedon goal and the only real chance Saturday

all about Burns using the width and his pace on both occasions.

His chance v Rangers is just the type of goal he has been knocking in for 21 & 18s, can he do it in L?

lets see, but i don't think Taylor has this in his locker

I was just thinking that Davies and Baldock both a little injury prone! Ryan Taylor I seriously doubt his ability to score goals, jet more of a midfielder burns is very inexperienced krans even more so! So where does that leave us if and when Baldock or Davies get injured?

?.its a work in progress as we know and I'm sure your wish is being acted on and will come to fruition when the right man is found...I don't think for a moment that SOD isn't aware of our lack of striking options...

Archived