IGNORED

Stephen Mcmanus Has Signed For. ..

charlie_adam_no1fan

Was quite possibly the worst signing of the McInnes era. That includes the likes of Foster and Mark Wilson!

For the overall package we got, paying loan fees and high wages he was absolutely shit. Motherwell must be desperate!

No as bad as what Middlesborough got stung for. Didn't he play for Strachan at Celtic then Strachan brought him to Middlesborough on a long and expensive contract much like the others he brought down from Scotland. Sound familiar?

No as bad as what Middlesborough got stung for. Didn't he play for Strachan at Celtic then Strachan brought him to Middlesborough on a long and expensive contract much like the others he brought down from Scotland. Sound familiar?

Yeah good point.

I remember now, wasn't he on something like 20k at Boro? Absolutely robbing a living!

Yeah good point.

I remember now, wasn't he on something like 20k at Boro? Absolutely robbing a living!

To be fair he was decent at Celtic for a while. Wasn't he their captain too? Just lost his way. I'm sure at one stage he could have signed for us on much more money that Motherwell could pay. Financial reality hitting home now for players like him.

If I'm honest I thought he was ok in the first loan spell, just very slow. The 2nd spell he was awful. He would go in that mix of players along with Foster, Morris and Wilson who were well below the level of player we needed. Del didn't really have a good understanding of championship level players I feel. The Scottish league is nothing like it used to be and unfortunately for Del and us, that showed big time with some of his signings from up there.

To be fair to McInnes, he also signed the likes of Davies, Baldock and Kelly - three players who evidently feature heavily in the hopes of City fans this season - as well as quality players like Paul Anderson and Cunningham. So this constant berating of McInnes for bringing in rubbish players - and then excusing SOD's poor run last year as a consequence - is utter dross.

To be fair to McInnes, he also signed the likes of Davies, Baldock and Kelly - three players who evidently feature heavily in the hopes of City fans this season - as well as quality players like Paul Anderson and Cunningham. So this constant berating of McInnes for bringing in rubbish players - and then excusing SOD's poor run last year as a consequence - is utter dross.

While that's true, Davies and Baldock have showed very little sign of being able to play together so added to the problem, especially when they were expensive signings that came at the cost of not signing a centre back. Kelly is limited in my opinion and although will do ok in League One won't excel in the Championship should we get promoted and McInnes never played Anderson because, again, he was just someone he signed with no real idea how the team were going to play and where he was going to fit into it. The Davies-Baldock thing confuses the hell out of me especially. On paper both should be quality, even though Davies never looks fit, but if you look at how they scored their goals at Derby and MK Dons it was playing with strikers almost the exact opposite of what they each do. Why buy two expensive strikers that don't compliment each other? That's the sort of thing that showed up McInnes lack of knowledge about the Championship I think.

I agree he signed some decent players but they were a miss-mash and his problem, and then SOD's, was trying to make a team out of them. SOD seems to be trying to do it the other way round. I know you hate SOD but that does seem to make more sense.

You mean McInnes was planning for league 1.

Baldock=sick note

Davis= unfit and not interested

Kelly=well he makes him self look busy

Anderson=McInnes benched him and he only played a few games

While that's true, Davies and Baldock have showed very little sign of being able to play together so added to the problem, especially when they were expensive signings that came at the cost of not signing a centre back. Kelly is limited in my opinion and although will do ok in League One won't excel in the Championship should we get promoted and McInnes never played Anderson because, again, he was just someone he signed with no real idea how the team were going to play and where he was going to fit into it. The Davies-Baldock thing confuses the hell out of me especially. On paper both should be quality, even though Davies never looks fit, but if you look at how they scored their goals at Derby and MK Dons it was playing with strikers almost the exact opposite of what they each do. Why buy two expensive strikers that don't compliment each other? That's the sort of thing that showed up McInnes lack of knowledge about the Championship I think.

I agree he signed some decent players but they were a miss-mash and his problem, and then SOD's, was trying to make a team out of them. SOD seems to be trying to do it the other way round. I know you hate SOD but that does seem to make more sense.

Haha I don't hate SOD in the slightest. I hope he does well. It just grates a little bit that he seems to swerve any kind of criticism, despite a terrible run of results.

You mean McInnes was planning for league 1.

Baldock=sick note

Davis= unfit and not interested

Kelly=well he makes him self look busy

Anderson=McInnes benched him and he only played a few games

We were all excited about Davies and Baldock's arrival. Yes, McInnes should've done something about their fitness/lack of motivation, but SOD hasn't either. (According to SOD, the players will get themselves fit - or words to that effect.) McInnes not playing Anderson is baffling but he still bought him and he was still a good player. And Kelly isn't exactly a world beater but he is a fairly solid defensive midfielder, which is what we needed at the time.

Haha I don't hate SOD in the slightest. I hope he does well. It just grates a little bit that he seems to swerve any kind of criticism, despite a terrible run of results.

If I remember rightly this is exactly what GJ used to do, anyone except himself, but he's a legend for it.

Archived