IGNORED

Anyone Else Feel It ?

M_Porter

For the first time in probably 4-5 seasons I feel genuinely back in love with my football team.

Now that's not to say I didn't support the club, I went to games but rather than going for us at times it felt more like I was there for a game of football and a social event with friends before and after the match.

This close season some weird shit has been happening to me !

Its little things like always making sure if I make a coffee im using my City mug, and bollocking the wife if she dosn't

I find my self some nights reading old programmes, and searching the WWW for stats and City related info.

Ive even started using Twitter to keep up to date with players views, and comments

Im constantly making OTIB and BCFC T-Shirts in work

All very strange !

But what a great feeling im back in love with my club again.

And before you do I will do it for you:

Random answer to this thread will read and I promise it will appear.

"Just give it a few games then once we are bottom of L1 you wont be in love any more"

I dont care "im Loving it "

For the first time in probably 4-5 seasons I feel genuinely back in love with my football team.

Now that's not to say I didn't support the club, I went to games but rather than going for us at times it felt more like I was there for a game of football and a social event with friends before and after the match.

This close season some weird shit has been happening to me !

Its little things like always making sure if I make a coffee im using my City mug, and bollocking the wife if she dosn't

I find my self some nights reading old programmes, and searching the WWW for stats and City related info.

Ive even started using Twitter to keep up to date with players views, and comments

Im constantly making OTIB and BCFC T-Shirts in work

All very strange !

But what a great feeling im back in love with my club again.

And before you do I will do it for you:

Random answer to this thread will read and I promise it will appear.

"Just give it a few games then once we are bottom of L1 you wont be in love any more"

I dont care "im Loving it "

I share your thoughts fella.

Let's hope it's a good season. The feel good factor is back and I can't wait until Bradford now!!

Fear not...you are not alone!

I am soooo looking forward to this season...... after several seasons of "accepting" that we will most likely not be competitive in most games I honestly think we can go to each in L1 and have a chance to get results in each one.......wether we will is another question but the hope is there / back

We don't have it that bad...

But I feel the same. I was up until 2am last night watching the Tinnion and Promotion story DVD.

This is the exact crazy stuff I mean

I too was up late last night watching the:

City 6 Gillingham 0 DVD ( Sat 18th March 2006 )

A great DVD beats the SP one anyday ;)

It depends on which strikers we have. If we lose Davies, I think between 10th and 20th, at best. I had my first game at the Gate in 1947 and I see a tough road in front of us. I don't see promotion with what we have.

It depends on which strikers we have. If we lose Davies, I think between 10th and 20th, at best. I had my first game at the Gate in 1947 and I see a tough road in front of us. I don't see promotion with what we have.

agree with that brother..........it would take the team to blend from the off and that is rare ...... but it does happen

If we can find a striker who fits in the jigsaw ....... like we did with Cole / Lita / Taylor / Goater then who knows what may happen but I defo think we are going to be very strong at the back and that will always give you a chance in a game

As long as we stay there or thereabouts up to Christmas (ie top 10) I think by the January transfer window we will really know what we are missing and will kick on from there. It's all these people saying they will judge after 10 games, or even the first, that worry me!

Feeling a little more optimistic that we won't be involved in a relegation fight but my 100% love won't come back until the wasters that are left (Fontaine, Elliott, Kilkenny & Pearson) leave my club.

Only then, can we really look forward to a bright, young & hungry future.

Not feeling it really. Maybe it's the past few years but this being Bristol City, I feel there's more disappointment to come. I dont expect a promotion challenge and I think it's going to take time to rid us of that losing mentality. I think O'Driscoll is a decent manager but I remain unconvinced that he will be a success here - the long term plan is good but whether he can get the results we need remains to be seen.

You know you've lost faith when you're surprised when your team has won 1-0 at Forest Green...

Don't shoot me down, I'm not one to bash everything about the club, but I'm very wary that next season could be another difficult one for City.

So here we are, September and still without a league win in 5 matches.

We are in 20th position and struggling against teams we would normally be expected to beat.

I think the July forecast is on track and we are getting to where we will need a string of three or four wins to get us out of the bottom third of league 1

So here we are, September and still without a league win in 5 matches.

We are in 20th position and struggling against teams we would normally be expected to beat.

I think the July forecast is on track and we are getting to where we will need a string of three or four wins to get us out of the bottom third of league 1

Interesting... Like the OP I've fallen back in love with the Club and what's happening on the field.

I don't even look at the Table now... I'm just enjoying watching the transition take place.

Love our style of football, great to see youngsters like Reid and Bryan playing and I'm really impressed with our Manager and how he approaches football.

I realise football is all about results... but for this season i'm not going to care about them unless we start losing the plot.

I'm just going to enjoy the ride if it keeps along the same ethos.

I'm finding I enjoy the games more if I take this attitude.

Interesting... Like the OP I've fallen back in love with the Club and what's happening on the field.

I don't even look at the Table now... I'm just enjoying watching the transition take place.

Love our style of football, great to see youngsters like Reid and Bryan playing and I'm really impressed with our Manager and how he approaches football.

I realise football is all about results... but for this season i'm not going to care about them unless we start losing the plot.

I'm just going to enjoy the ride if it keeps along the same ethos.

I'm finding I enjoy the games more if I take this attitude.

True that, I walked out of AG against wolves thinking to myself when was the last time we dominated a a half? Okay we lost but it's much better to watch when we're expressing ourselves in there half of the pitch, Results will come but half of the performances are already here

For the first time since our play off final loss to Hull, I will be going on Weds, my love for everything slowly died, I became a follower, not a supporter, I believe as a club now we are moving in the right direction, club needed a wake up call, too much expectation was expected from supporters(club too)as we lost to Hull, I knew then things had to change, we could of sold our best players from that year for bigger monies and now we are left with a couple of them, from this forum one has to leave and the other is getting back to his best, getting rid of Gary was the best thing to do, but the next appointments and signings were not, I believe now my Bristol City is coming back, change was needed, just a little patience

Im still feeling it ! ( even went out and bought a new BCFC coffee mug)

Even without our win tonight, which to be fair was never in doubt.

Ive seen enough already this season to predict a top 10 at least and prob a top 6 finish.

Yeah we are still not going full guns yet, but there is enough there for me to be happy that when it does all fire, we will be unbeatable, and its just around the corner :)

Cheers

Mark

Tough road and not any easier this season...... we always hope for the best for our Team/Club........ if we just learn how to play the way SOD wants us too this season..... things can only get better!

Archived