IGNORED

Davies, Baldock, Jet

ciderbeans

Just say back and thought about these three this morning and realised that these three players together in the same lineup would destroy league 1. All three of them have too much class for this league (baldock may be questionable), but to have them as our front three makes me quite confident. Add that to our new defensive/midfield lineup and we've got strong foundations to be a success this season.

Is it just me who sees this or am I getting a bit ahead of myself?

I know we haven't seen a huge amount from the three mentioned players in pre season so far but come the start of the season, I'm sure they will be in their element

Interesting take on it, but is Baldock in fact the only one of those 3 to have done it at this level before?

The theory is there which is why I don't think we'll keep all 3 - however, as proved before, these players need the service and that is what has let us down in recent years.

Hopefully we'll create more and more chances as the season goes on

JET was with Doncaster for a time in L1, as I'm sure we all remember, or was that Championship?!

JET isn't a great goal scorer his career stats sho this, 16 goals in 110 league games isn't great reading so I doubt he will be the goal scorer of the three maybe the creative spark but not the scorer,

Davies and Baldock how ever are proven goalscorers and will kncok a few in at this level, but the way the team is being set up I don't think goal scoring is going to be our main strength I think possession football and trying to win 1 or 2 nil will be,

If I was to gues now and all 3 stay at city for the season I'd go as follows,

Davives 16 goals

Baldock 14 goals

JeT 5 goals

If we manage to keep Davies, which i expect we will now, i think he'll finish the season as top scorer in the league.

Baldock i didn't really rate in the championship last season, but he could have been a bit of a victim to the style of football we played & was he really fully fit for a lot of it?

JET, he's being massively over hyped so far without many city fans ever seeing him more than the couple of times he's faced us, i hope he does well and isn't as lazy as the Ipswich fans made out. Mick McCarthy said he's scared about his potential and playing in league one. Lets hope so!

he's never scored more then 6 in a season so what makes you think he will score 10?

Consistent run of games.

The lowest level he's ever played at.

Can't possibly be as bad at goalscoring as LJ / Skuse / Other non scoring midfielders.

Consistent run of games.

The lowest level he's ever played at.

Can't possibly be as bad at goalscoring as LJ / Skuse / Other non scoring midfielders.

he had a consistant run of games at ipswich and didn't score more then 5,

Dropping down a level doesn't automatically garantee you are going to double the total of goals scored, as I said I expect him to be the creative spark not the goal scorer,

Why do people think Baldock will score for fun. Hasn't got more than 14 in a season I think for anyone so why will he suddenly go goal crazy for us.

Indeed, it's a fallacy.

As City were so obviously preparing for relegation they should have done everything possible to ensure Pitman stayed at the club.

He'll score 10 more than Baldock at this level.

No!, people seem to think Bristol city are going to set the league alight?!... Negative my friend!

I don't I think we will finish 10th, there is still a lot of re-building to do 6 signings isn't going to change that, the entire mindset of the club needs to change (which has started) and that doesn't happen in a few months that happens of a couple of years,

It will be nice to get bck in our first atempt but I fear we may be in this league for a good 3 years before we will be challenging

Baldock is a confidence player, as many strikers are. He wasn't getting the one-on-one opportunities very regularly so when they came he didn't have the confidence to finish them. While that's a failing of the player, it has to be said that if he could put away every chance that came his way, he'd not have been playing for Bristol City last season. He needs to improve his first touch, but whenever I've watched him his movement in the box and willingness to run the channels has impressed me. Davies is perhaps a little more 'languid' (which is not a criticism of him) in his playing style and I personally feel he'll be gone if a reasonable bid comes in; JET has been brought in to be our creator and given the signing of Wagstaff and faith that seems to have been placed in Bryan and Kelly, where would they both fit in the team? JET is not a central midfield player and Kelly isn't physical enough to anchor the midfield on his own at the base of a diamond so I just don't see how JET and Davies could play together in an O'Driscoll-type system. I think those getting excited about a Davies/JET/Baldock attack are ignoring the requirements of the players behind them

Baldock is a confidence player, as many strikers are. He wasn't getting the one-on-one opportunities very regularly so when they came he didn't have the confidence to finish them. While that's a failing of the player, it has to be said that if he could put away every chance that came his way, he'd not have been playing for Bristol City last season.

We paid over a million quid for Baldock and he is a high wage earner. That punt was taken on him to score goals we haven't really seen yet.

Agree about Davies/Baldock/JET though - on paper looks decent but football's not played on paper and probably one of our biggest failings in the past couple of seasons is trying to cram 'names' into the team when their abilities aren't actually that compatible.

We paid over a million quid for Baldock and he is a high wage earner. That punt was taken on him to score goals we haven't really seen yet.

Agree about Davies/Baldock/JET though - on paper looks decent but football's not played on paper and probably one of our biggest failings in the past couple of seasons is trying to cram 'names' into the team when their abilities aren't actually that compatible.

he was our second highest scorer behind the 850k signing of davies,

Davies and baldock scored almost half of all the goals we scored last season

Archived