IGNORED

Davies, Baldock, Jet

ciderbeans

he was our second highest scorer behind the 850k signing of davies,

Davies and baldock scored almost half of all the goals we scored last season

£2m worth of strikers and we still went down, although debatable whether anyone else would have paid such stupid money for them. Not saying they won't score goals but they need to be played in a way that enables them score more and not sure the 3 of them together is that answer.

We paid over a million quid for Baldock and he is a high wage earner. That punt was taken on him to score goals we haven't really seen yet.

Agree about Davies/Baldock/JET though - on paper looks decent but football's not played on paper and probably one of our biggest failings in the past couple of seasons is trying to cram 'names' into the team when their abilities aren't actually that compatible.

Did we? I thought his fee was 'Undisclosed' and talk of various fees was merely speculation. Regardless, my point is that I think that in a stronger team he could have been a 15-20 goal player last year and if he scored that many regardless of who's around him, he'd be worth a lot more than £1million or whatever other figure is plucked out the air by a journalist or blogger

£2m worth of strikers and we still went down, although debatable whether anyone else would have paid such stupid money for them. Not saying they won't score goals but they need to be played in a way that enables them score more and not sure the 3 of them together is that answer.

put Van Persie and Suarez in our team and they would also struggle to score due to lack of service

Think it will be an intersting team. Baldock and Davies can score. Kelly I hope will be abig player this season. Cunningham, Flint, Wynters etc this can be very good. As a supporter I want us back in a higher div next season. But maybe Im to optimistic. Top 10 at least.. Never seen Jet played hope he is good.

Think it will be an intersting team. Baldock and Davies can score. Kelly I hope will be abig player this season. Cunningham, Flint, Wynters etc this can be very good. As a supporter I want us back in a higher div next season. But maybe Im to optimistic. Top 10 at least.. Never seen Jet played hope he is good.

He looked good in games against us but so did Carl (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) Hutchings,

I think he will be decent for us but has been extremly overhyped on here

Do you actually believe that, honestly?

no striker can score20 + a season without any service what so ever,

What was our highs assit count last season 5?, its all good to critise Davies and Baldock for not scoring enough but its more to it then them simply missing chances, City just haven't created anything,

What was our highs assit count last season 5?, its all good to critise Davies and Baldock for not scoring enough but its more to it then them simply missing chances, City just haven't created anything,

Not sure about that, Brooker and Maynard in the past have scored plenty off their own back, even Peacock used to.

To say 2 of the best strikers in the World wouldnt score in League 1 is a bit off.

Not sure about that, Brooker and Maynard in the past have scored plenty off their own back, even Peacock used to.

To say 2 of the best strikers in the World wouldnt score in League 1 is a bit off.

you are missing the point,

The point is while a striker can score off his own back he will not be as sucsessfuil as a striker who has decent service,

How can you expect any stiriker at AG to be sucsessful when they have had next to no service for the last 3 years its next to impossable,

I used thw two best strikers crrently based in this country as a point, take their service away and they will not score as many goals

but now i believe we have the players to create things. bryan, kelly, cunningham, wagstaff all have the ability to cross balls, jet will create many chances as well. It is a big step up from last season and I believe with this and the new style of play we are attempting to adopt, baldock and davies will score more based on chances created

you are missing the point,

The point is while a striker can score off his own back he will not be as sucsessfuil as a striker who has decent service,

How can you expect any stiriker at AG to be sucsessful when they have had next to no service for the last 3 years its next to impossable,

I used thw two best strikers crrently based in this country as a point, take their service away and they will not score as many goals

I understand your point, you just can't make such a ridiculous claim whilst making it.

Albert was credited with alot more than that.

The problem is Davies, and more particularly Baldock, failed to take a host of good chances when you'd expect players of their repute to at least make the goalie work, and Baldock's propensity to miss the target completely so often was frankly shocking.

We hope they'll do much better this season if they stay, but making excuses for them isn't going to help anybody. Their raison d'etre is to take a reasonable percentage of those chances and if they are good strikers they should welcome the pressure to be clinical finishers, and do just that..

Must do ALOT better, especially Baldock.

The problem is Davies, and more particularly Baldock, failed to take a host of good chances when you'd expect players of their repute to at least make the goalie work, and Baldock's propensity to miss the target completely so often was frankly shocking.

We hope they'll do much better this season if they stay, but making excuses for them isn't going to help anybody. Their raison d'etre is to take a reasonable percentage of those chances and if they are good strikers they should welcome the pressure to be clinical finishers, and do just that..

just checked albert had 7

Maynard had a quiet first season then had a magnificent 2nd, hopefully Baldock will do something similar.

Indeed, it's a fallacy.

As City were so obviously preparing for relegation they should have done everything possible to ensure Pitman stayed at the club.

He'll score 10 more than Baldock at this level.

I agree with the sentimate, however I think Pitman would have walked to Bournemouth to get way from us. Unfortunately SOD's Arrival was a tad to late.

They will both be here not many league clubs have 600k spare for Davies or 1.5 million plus for baldock

You may be right, but if so i feel one of them will be disappointed as i don't think they will be starting up front together. I don't think we can afford to keep one as a back up striker as i would assume they are both higher earners.

JET isn't a great goal scorer his career stats sho this, 16 goals in 110 league games isn't great reading so I doubt he will be the goal scorer of the three maybe the creative spark but not the scorer,

Davies and Baldock how ever are proven goalscorers and will kncok a few in at this level, but the way the team is being set up I don't think goal scoring is going to be our main strength I think possession football and trying to win 1 or 2 nil will be,

If I was to gues now and all 3 stay at city for the season I'd go as follows,

Davives 16 goals

Baldock 14 goals

JeT 5 goals

:whistle:

Archived