IGNORED

Estonian Champions Beat Finnish Champions

EstoniaTallinnRed

Just in case anyone is interested the Estonian League Champions Noome Kalju beat the Finnish Champions HLS Helsinki 2 - 1 on aggregate tonight in the qualifying round of the Champions League and go on to the 2nd Qualifying round. I was there at Kadriog Stadium, capacity 5000, here in Tallinn, KO was at 18.30, the attendance was 4,880 with 1000 fans coming from Finland and although HLS had a lot more possession they were not good in the final third. We, my Misses and myself missed the first 12 minutes due to the queues, they are not use to crowds like this at club level.

Noome have a player called Vladimir Voskoboinikov, who is an Estonian international and although a forward is just like Kilkenny, he runs around like a headless chicken and is also very good at pointing and blaming somebody else when he loses the ball. It was good when he was subbed in the second half. All in all it was a good game, end to end at times and it only cost 5 euros for the two of us, as we are seniors. The full ticket price was 15 euros POTD and 10 euros if bought on the internet.

We are looking forward to the next game which will be against either FC Viktoria Plzen (CZE)

or FK Zeljeznicar (BIH) (sorry don't know what country BIH is short for, perhaps someone will let me know.

Will keep you posted if you are interested.

Just in case anyone is interested the Estonian League Champions Noome Kalju beat the Finnish Champions HLS Helsinki 2 - 1 on aggregate tonight in the qualifying round of the Champions League and go on to the 2nd Qualifying round. I was there at Kadriog Stadium, capacity 5000, here in Tallinn, KO was at 18.30, the attendance was 4,880 with 1000 fans coming from Finland and although HLS had a lot more possession they were not good in the final third. We, my Misses and myself missed the first 12 minutes due to the queues, they are not use to crowds like this at club level.

Noome have a player called Vladimir Voskoboinikov, who is an Estonian international and although a forward is just like Kilkenny, he runs around like a headless chicken and is also very good at pointing and blaming somebody else when he loses the ball. It was good when he was subbed in the second half. All in all it was a good game, end to end at times and it only cost 5 euros for the two of us, as we are seniors. The full ticket price was 15 euros POTD and 10 euros if bought on the internet.

We are looking forward to the next game which will be against either FC Viktoria Plzen (CZE)

or FK Zeljeznicar (BIH) (sorry don't know what country BIH is short for, perhaps someone will let me know.

Good stuff. I assume BIH is Bosnia Herzegovina.

Thanks for that. It's nice to read something a bit different. Keep us posted with the European adventure.

Just fyi, it's HJK, not HLS. Good story though to even get past them, much more honorable than Narva Trans who're notorious for fixing their European qualifiers for a bit of quick cash, knowing they'd have no chance of advancing anyway.

Good post mate.

HJK are having a mare of a season by their standards. 2 0-0's in a row now this defeat. Not their reliable selves in betting terms!!

Working for the enemy as I do, we think they're having a great season in betting terms! ;)

Just a question,

What do you make of Joel Pohjanpalo of HJK?

He's nothing mate it's all about D. Savage!!

Yes! He scored their goal. It was a good header from one of their many corners, mind you Kalju's goalie should have punched the ball away, but he totally missed it. He showed his disappointment by thumping the ground with both fists. I thought after the goal that HJS may have turned the game around, but Kalju defended brilliantly and nearly scored two more from breakaways.

As this was the first time I had watched Kalju live, I was surprised to see the amount of foreign players they have, I will list them.

Jorge Rodriques - Portugal, Marco Bianchi - Italy, Allan-Axel Kimbaloula - France, Adis Hadzanovic - Bosnia and Hertsegovia,

Damiano Quintieri - Italy (scored the second goal) Yankuba Ceesay - Gambia (scored the first goal) Hidetoshi Wakui - Japan

Kosuke Usami - Japan. And according to the programme they have only 22 players on there books. The squad numbers are strange as well they range from 0 - 99, in fact a second half sub Tarmo Neemelo, has number 99

Anybody know any of these? It will give you something to look up while we await the start of the season.

Yes! He scored their goal. It was a good header from one of their many corners, mind you Kalju's goalie should have punched the ball away, but he totally missed it. He showed his disappointment by thumping the ground with both fists. I thought after the goal that HJS may have turned the game around, but Kalju defended brilliantly and nearly scored two more from breakaways.

As this was the first time I had watched Kalju live, I was surprised to see the amount of foreign players they have, I will list them.

Jorge Rodriques - Portugal, Marco Bianchi - Italy, Allan-Axel Kimbaloula - France, Adis Hadzanovic - Bosnia and Hertsegovia,

Damiano Quintieri - Italy (scored the second goal) Yankuba Ceesay - Gambia (scored the first goal) Hidetoshi Wakui - Japan

Kosuke Usami - Japan. And according to the programme they have only 22 players on there books. The squad numbers are strange as well they range from 0 - 99, in fact a second half sub Tarmo Neemelo, has number 99

Anybody know any of these? It will give you something to look up while we await the start of the season.

Ha, I keep an eye on most games each day and Savage seems to bag a few for HJK.

Assuming he's English/British, without being bothered to look him up!

Estonia is a good league for goals, although the favorites (top 4) seem to win every week home and away?!

Ha, I keep an eye on most games each day and Savage seems to bag a few for HJK.

Assuming he's English/British, without being bothered to look him up!

Estonia is a good league for goals, although the favorites (top 4) seem to win every week home and away?!

No he comes from The Gambia heres the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demba_Savage

In the same competition, Celtic (Scottish champions) managed to beat Cliftonville (NI Champs) 6-0 over 2 legs. Celtic now face Swedish oppos in the 3rd qualifying round.

That is why they want to compete in the English Prem and probably avoid those qualifying rounds..

In the same competition, Celtic (Scottish champions) managed to beat Cliftonville (NI Champs) 6-0 over 2 legs. Celtic now face Swedish oppos in the 3rd qualifying round.

That is why they want to compete in the English Prem and probably avoid those qualifying rounds..

They'd avoid the qualifying rounds alright; by finishing outside the top 4 and not qualifying for the CL at all!

Archived