IGNORED

Men And Vanity

The dastardly red

Is it my imagination or have men become ludicrously vane? I'm a very unsnappy dressser and always have been and I've noticed recently that men seem to make comments at me when I walk down the street or am sat in the pub. Sometimes they just do a snear or a little chuckle, other times they actually come up to me and say things like "mate,your clothes are sh*t" or like tonight when this bloke told me "You don't know how to lace your trainers,sort it out" before strutting up to the bar like a peacock and laughing with his friends.

I blame hair gel,adverts,football and distressed jeans.In twenty years time it's all shell suits baby!

Nothing wrong looking after yourself. Obviously there is a barrier how far you can go! But I happily wear moisturiser, gel etc.

Also for those men out there in their middle age, does your missus really want to see you not take any pride to impress your women!?

• Admin

With you on this one buddy.

There is something seriously wrong in society, when the man takes just as long as the woman to get ready for a night out.

Blame "The Only Way is Essex"

What's wrong with a man taking pride in his appearance?

As for the TOWIE comment I've never watched any of those garbage shows but I still like to dress well and look after myself.

There is looking after yourself with a bit of pride in the way you dress etc

But then there are those that take far too long for a "bloke" to get ready!

These people are in the same category as men that have no interest in sport - "I don't trust them!"

Men are all guilty of wanting to look attractive to the opposite sex. I have died my hair, shaved my legs, plucked my eye brows, when I was 14 i wore my sisters make up to school. I curl my eye lashes, have pedicures and manicures and have a night routine of skin care. I wear asftershave, have several shavers, bath cryastals, shower gels, hair products.

I will give surgery a try when I'm older i have no doubt, I dont want to look like a tramp or old. I only buy branded expensive clothes, they look better and last longer. I cannot pass a window without looking at myself, every mirror I have to check i'm ok and not too ugly.

But i'm not camp, I dont wear stupid clothes like those faggots on TOWIE, or use self tan and riods

How do you work that out. I'm in and out in 15 min giving the wife as long as she needs to get ready.

Generous would be the word you're looking for

That's sucha man comment from what I would say mid to late 40s type of guy? Times have changed fella!

Your wife doesn't want to go out with a smelly, non fashionable bloke. You should take pride in your appearance, it's the right thing.

• Admin

That's sucha man comment from what I would say mid to late 40s type of guy? Times have changed fella!

Your wife doesn't want to go out with a smelly, non fashionable bloke. You should take pride in your appearance, it's the right thing.

No reason for any of those things to take more than 15 minutes or so

I'm 27 it literally takes me 20-30mins to have a shower, dry myself in all the right places, put some clothes on and sort out my hair. I then sit downstairs watching t.v. or whatever whilst my wife can take well over an hour sometimes closer to 2 hours to get ready and in the process destroying the whole upstairs of the house and trying on god knows how many outfits (she's not even one of those barbie types).

Judging by this I must be somewhere in the middle, I don't go out looking scruffy but it also takes me no longer than 20 minutes to get ready.

Only time it takes me longer is getting ready for a hair-of-the-dog session, then it usually takes me god knows how long mainly because I'm trying to start feeling fresh again by having a bloody long shower!

Men are all guilty of wanting to look attractive to the opposite sex. I have died my hair, shaved my legs, plucked my eye brows, when I was 14 i wore my sisters make up to school. I curl my eye lashes, have pedicures and manicures and have a night routine of skin care. I wear asftershave, have several shavers, bath cryastals, shower gels, hair products.

I will give surgery a try when I'm older i have no doubt, I dont want to look like a tramp or old. I only buy branded expensive clothes, they look better and last longer. I cannot pass a window without looking at myself, every mirror I have to check i'm ok and not too ugly.

But i'm not camp, I dont wear stupid clothes like those faggots on TOWIE, or use self tan and riods

good for you but all that time,effort and money is surely best used elsewhere I would have thought. Sounds a bit souless really and using the word "faggots" is cringey to say the least. I haven't got a problem with men wanting to look good, it's when they start making catty remarks about how other peolple choose to present themselves,it's almost as if they're jealous of those who aren't really that bothered. Just really annoys me,I know it shouldn't but it does

My guess would be the ones who take the most time look the biggest mess. All you need is clean clothes, body and hair and away you go. Any bloke who spend more time fussing with is hair, before going out and during the evening is is big no. Hair straighteners, really? Man up!

Bit of a mixed bag for me. Buy clothes in charity shops but you wouldn't know it, use water as gel and fingers as a comb, shave once a month if I can be arsed, Mrs cuts my hair but despite all that I'm pretty damn sexy tbf. Must have a shower every morning, cleanliness more important than appearence.

But like I say, when you have the looks, the charm and the wit you only have to try so hard. Trying is for the insecure!

Do like to own the odd expensive bottle of aftershave etc.

Bit of a mixed bag for me. Buy clothes in charity shops but you wouldn't know it, use water as gel and fingers as a comb, shave once a month if I can be arsed, Mrs cuts my hair but despite all that I'm pretty damn sexy tbf. Must have a shower every morning, cleanliness more important than appearence.

But like I say, when you have the looks, the charm and the wit you only have to try so hard. Trying is for the insecure!

Do like to own the odd expensive bottle of aftershave etc.

What's your number, big boy?

Archived