IGNORED

Men And Vanity

The dastardly red

Nothing wrong looking after yourself. Obviously there is a barrier how far you can go! But I happily wear moisturiser, gel etc.

Also for those men out there in their middle age, does your missus really want to see you not take any pride to impress your women!?

As Clive James put it, "if she's talking to you, she's as impressed as she's ever going to be" ;)

Scrupulously clean body and hair. Jeans, amusing/informative T-shirt and sandals. Hair and beard tidy, at least on exit from house. Then I'm ready for anything that life may bring.

Whenever I see these guys who spend hours on their appearance and still look like pr@ts, I think just two words - "Tony Blair".

That's sucha man comment from what I would say mid to late 40s type of guy? Times have changed fella!

Your wife doesn't want to go out with a smelly, non fashionable bloke. You should take pride in your appearance, it's the right thing.

You seriously reckon it takes more than 15 minutes to shower and dress in clean clothes?

Nothing wrong looking after yourself. Obviously there is a barrier how far you can go! But I happily wear moisturiser, gel etc.

Also for those men out there in their middle age, does your missus really want to see you not take any pride to impress your women!?

Poof!!!!

I hate it break it to you, but they are often the same as the non-branded, non-expensive clothes, but with a different label sewn in.

I disagree, quality does show through and offers better value in the long term - I wouldn't say I'm vain just economical

I'll buy an expensive pair of trainers that I know will see out 18 months comfortably wearing them day in day out; now that I won't wear trainers day in day out they are comfortable for longer too!

I rarely get up before 7:45 and I'm driving to work at 8am now

Quite strangely, one of my mates owns very little clothing and no 'brands' but he get's loads of stick for his inability to walk past anything reflective without checking himself out.

Men want to have sex with girls all day erryday, we are designed for it. Making yourself more attractive enhances the possibility of sex.

back a few years ago men didn't give a shit about their looks because woman had no rights, rape was almost acceptable, at least until 1990, now we need permission or something.

I disagree, quality does show through and offers better value in the long term - I wouldn't say I'm vain just economical

I'll buy an expensive pair of trainers that I know will see out 18 months comfortably wearing them day in day out; now that I won't wear trainers day in day out they are comfortable for longer too!

Teddy was confusing quality with expensive brands though. Very much unrelated concepts.

I hate it break it to you, but they are often the same as the non-branded, non-expensive clothes, but with a different label sewn in.

Yeah thanks Nibor, sorry didnt see your reply robbo,

Aye, and for every legitimate branded company that moved manufacturing into the China market quickly had their factory/machines/ tech/software duplicated....about 500 x

Brands get mad about image rights, but their massive greed is to blame.

As soon as big corps get involved they are ruled 100% by coin the fact they are in China to do business highlights this, Really? 60% cheaper?.... What could go wrong said the accountant? :cool:

I'm not sad or mad, I think i know quality and will pay 150 quid for Italian jeans that fit me, and make me look and feel good, rather than 'made do' with really bad sweatshop gear from Asdal or Tesco etal, just because it seems good value, but really they will fade, rip and hang real bad on you, they'll last a year at most, whereas cavali or armarni will last for 15, and get better with age. It's not becuase i'm rich, it's becuase im not, I need to make things last me.

Same with everything, maybe you have to pay more and work harder for the better things, and making do is failing at the task, if it was a task, was it a task?

Yeah thanks Nibor, sorry didnt see your reply robbo,

Aye, and for every legitimate branded company that moved manufacturing into the China market quickly had their factory/machines/ tech/software duplicated....about 500 x

Brands get mad about image rights, but their massive greed is to blame.

As soon as big corps get involved they are ruled 100% by coin the fact they are in China to do business highlights this, Really? 60% cheaper?.... What could go wrong said the accountant? :cool:

I'm not sad or mad, I think i know quality and will pay 150 quid for Italian jeans that fit me, and make me look and feel good, rather than 'made do' with really bad sweatshop gear from Asdal or Tesco etal, just because it seems good value, but really they will fade, rip and hang real bad on you, they'll last a year at most, whereas cavali or armarni will last for 15, and get better with age. It's not becuase i'm rich, it's becuase im not, I need to make things last me.

Same with everything, maybe you have to pay more and work harder for the better things, and making do is failing at the task, if it was a task, was it a task?

Your £150 Italian jeans are made in the same sweatshops from the same material by the same people. Then someone sticks a different name on it and it's all of a sudden worth 10x as much. That makes you a sucker.

Designer brands and quality are unrelated. You occasionally get high quality stuff with designer labels on, occasionally get high quality stuff with no label. Most of it is poorly made shit regardless of the name.

Your £150 Italian jeans are made in the same sweatshops from the same material by the same people. Then someone sticks a different name on it and it's all of a sudden worth 10x as much. That makes you a sucker.

Designer brands and quality are unrelated. You occasionally get high quality stuff with designer labels on, occasionally get high quality stuff with no label. Most of it is poorly made shit regardless of the name.

Not wishing to sounds too gullible but the label clearly states made in Italy. They can't say 'made in Italy' if its not, that is law breaking.

If they were made in India or Bangledesh then to get round the blatant lie they made on the label, I would assume they part made the item in Italy or shipped out the material.

The are sly little *shits if they actually do that.

I imagine though you are talking about Jeans that are outright fakes, possibly made in the same factory, or a clone company next door.

These are not them, these are bought from a reputable outlet not a market or jean store. Pfft, guess I'l have to do some checks now, thanks for that

Not wishing to sounds too gullible but the label clearly states made in Italy. They can't say 'made in Italy' if its not, that is law breaking.

If they were made in India or Bangledesh then to get round the blatant lie they made on the label, I would assume they part made the item in Italy or shipped out the material.

I imagine though you are talking about Jeans that are outright fakes, possibly made in the same factory, or a clone company next door.

These are not them, these are bought from a reputable outlet not a market or jean store. Pfft, guess I'l have to do some checks now, thanks for that

They can say "Made in Italy" if they sew a single button on there. And most of the designer labels don't even bother claiming that anyway.

Truth be told it matters little where it's made, you can get great quality stuff from China and shit quality stuff made right here in the UK.

A manufacturer that's great one year can nosedive because they cut corners if they change management or have a bad year financially.

Don't be taken in. Look for actual quality not some advertising / marketing / branding based perception of it.

Go to a reputable independant cloths maker, have them made for you, if the clothes are not up to standard send them back. that is the only way you will guarantee quality. Doesn't matter where they come from. or what they are supposedly made from.

Do you know A great percentage of Quality italian leather actually comes from the Tannery near AG? Italian my arse. Don't believe in the quality hype of Italian.

Get it hand made for you, not off the peg!

Go to a reputable independant cloths maker, have them made for you, if the clothes are not up to standard send them back. that is the only way you will guarantee quality. Doesn't matter where they come from. or what they are supposedly made from.

Do you know A great percentage of Quality italian leather actually comes from the Tannery near AG? Italian my arse. Don't believe in the quality hype of Italian.

Get it hand made for you, not off the peg!

but it's a well known fact that Italian boots have not only the clippiest of heels but also the shiniest of buckles

Archived