IGNORED

Davies To Blackpool

Maverick

The official figure was 750K + add ons, so I would guess the total to be around 800K.

The total deal might have eventually added up to this if appearances and goal targets were met, the original fee upfront was close to £350k with extras for appearances and goals, this info came from Mr Davies Snr. I am guessing our outlay to Derby might be around the £500k mark so far.

This has brought a nice positive night crashing back down to earth. Kelly injured, Davies sold, now we just need Burnley to sell Austin and replace him with Baldock, and Albert to be offloaded after tonight's promising performance. Then we'll be right back in the swing of things, the Bristol City doom and gloom is back, just a week before the new season starts!

This has brought a nice positive night crashing back down to earth. Kelly injured, Davies sold, now we just need Burnley to sell Austin and replace him with Baldock, and Albert to be offloaded after tonight's promising performance. Then we'll be right back in the swing of things, the Bristol City doom and gloom is back, just a week before the new season starts!

Well thanks for making me feel awful.

That really is possible aswell. =[

The total deal might have eventually added up to this if appearances and goal targets were met, the original fee upfront was close to £350k with extras for appearances and goals, this info came from Mr Davies Snr. I am guessing our outlay o Derby is around the £500k mark so far.

Whether we signed him for 50K or for 500K, selling him for anything less than 1.5 million is plain stupid. Where will we find a replacement forward of Davies class without paying any less than a million?

I think Sod Is referring to finding another striker fast not another 'quick' forward.

Davies will be a big loss regardless of how he's played in pre season. There's normally replacements rumoured when someone is on their way but strangely no one has been mentioned.

A strike force of Baldock, Taylor, Harewood and Burns (add to that Holloway and Krans) will not get a lot of goals.

I agree.

All it takes is an offer for Baldock and the asking price of Adomah to be hit, and attacking wise it will look very worrying. JET would be our only dangerous threat IMO..

I expect 50% are delighted. He seemed a marmite player. Those who like a bit of quality liked him. Those who prefer work rate over quality and inconsistency a lesser opinion.

Kelly that is a shame. I think he has something about him. He was a box to box goal scorer in Scotland. I am not entirely sure we have seen him in his right role. So far he seems to have been given orders to sit. If we free him up a bit, I think we could have a good player on our hands.

Whether we signed him for 50K or for 500K, selling him for anything less than 1.5 million is plain stupid. Where will we find a replacement forward of Davies class without paying any less than a million?

£1.5 million :laugh: no way is he worth that i'd take 500 - 600k, take the money, he did well last year and I can't knock his record but I've never felt he's the future or how his 'style' fits in.

He is a good player, when on form and prepared to work he is maybe worth your valuation, unfortunately he is inconsistent and lets his head drop to often if things are not going his way. I will be sad to see him go but I am not sure his heart is really in it playing for us in League 1. £750k is about right I feel.

Still can't wait for Bradford and even before today's news was fully aware this season would be a tough one. However, feeling pretty pissed off tonight with the bad news about Kelly and now Davies looks to be on his way.

Never a dull moment and all that.

COYR

I love when people quote specific fee's when it's all actually 'undisclosed' the only people that ACTUALLY know dont say anything because they work under confidentiality contracts not to disclose such details or face legal action.

Either way. Fee is regardless, if it gets a player who is likely a high earner off the wage bill and SoD is happy with the fee, that's good enough for me, always one of those players whose head went down first when thing aren't going our way.

We're never going to get a good fee for a player whom struggled for fitness during a season which we finished bottom of the league

He is a good player, when on form and prepared to work he is maybe worth your valuation, unfortunately he is inconsistent and lets his head drop to often if things are not going his way. I will be sad to see him go but I am not sure his heart is really in it playing for us in League 1. £750k is about right I feel.

If you can come up to 1 million, I'll shake your hand now and it's a done deal.

Have Davies and 'Pool discussed personal terms at all?

Reason I ask, He apparently said he wants to stay down south, and he was in attendance tonight.. So I guess it will depend on when the fee was agreed.

But if personal terms haven't been discussed, it's all down to Davies to decide if he wants to move up North. SOD did say "If Davies goes, we'll probably need another quick forward.

Many transfers do break down these days..

Another?!

Since when has he ever been quick?!

I'm fairly sure SO'D means we will need to sign another forward quickly (what with the season starting in 10 days) rather than we need to sign another quick forward.

I can see this transfer not happening. If Davies was desperate to leave you would have to wonder why he spent his night at Ashton Gate watching the game and as many others have alluded to the Blackpool chairman seems one of the people left in football that won't bow down to the wage demands of players. Even after the deduction in his wage after his relegation you would think Davies is on a fair bit here.

Although I did see Ince on the tele over the weekend letting the world and his wife know how desperate he was to make some signings.

It will definitely be a pity if Davies goes - by no means a foregone conclusion - as we won't be able to find a player of similar quality for the same money.

I think being short on firepower might tempt SteveL to reach a lot deeper into his pockets though, he likes buying strikers.

Baldock and JET would be as good a front two as any at this level but relying on Taylor and/or Harewood for backup would be painful.

Archived