IGNORED

Davies To Blackpool

Maverick

If only Billy Sharp would drop a level....

Tell you who would be good in league one... Brett Pitman... whoops... £60k looks like a very, very, very bad bit of business now. Yes, we sold him for £60k.

pah

Tell you who would be good in league one... Brett Pitman... whoops... £60k looks like a very, very, very bad bit of business now. Yes, we sold him for £60k.

pah

60k. 60 blooming K.

Would we even be in league 1, people,moaned about his work rate, but compared to Baldock and Davids he's a marathon runner.

Why are people saying not a lot of goals in our strikers? If Baldock doesn't score 15/20+ goals in League one I'll eat my shoes!

Hope you've got strong teeth and a taste for leather then because he's never done it before.

pah

The board are probably less at fault for that. McInnes' fault for not utilising him, at least Keith recognised his talent, apart from when he made the mistake of dropping him for lazy Micky at the start of the 2011/12 season. Stead/Pitman were always a safe partnership in the Championship, I thought maybe that had finally been realised after the 3-0 victory over Hull on the final day of 2010/11 season.

We know who had the last laugh...

pah

Don't mention the sidelining (by 2 managers :gaah: ) and then more or less forcing out at a giveaway price of such a natural striker as Pitman Badger - on top of the double whammy of the Kelly and Davies news that's just too much. :grr::grr::grr:

Sorry, I didnt read through the 3 pages, but brilliant news eh? :blink:

We are short of firepower big time, in need imo of another striker anyway, so what do we do?? Accept a bid for one of our 2 only good strikers less then 2 weeks till the season starts.

Well done.

Sorry, I didnt read through the 3 pages, but brilliant news eh? :blink:

We are short of firepower big time, in need imo of another striker anyway, so what do we do?? Accept a bid for one of our 2 only good strikers less then 2 weeks till the season starts.

Well done.

Every player has a price.

Every player has a price.

Well that maybe true, but surely it would depend on the circumstances?

Its not like he has 1 year left on his contract and will refuse to sign another one is it?

And its not like we have an abundance of talent upfront anyway.

Its the area we are now lacking in most imo.

So to now accept a bid when there is such a short amount of time till the season starts is pretty ******* jokish.

Unless we have players in mind we can replace him with.

But I doubt that.

Silly move. With ince in charge they will be on their way back down to league one where they belong next season imo. Tin pot club that managed lower average attendances than us last season, and not much higher than us before even though they were in the top half of the league.

Well that maybe true, but surely it would depend on the circumstances?

Its not like he has 1 year left on his contract and will refuse to sign another one is it?

And its not like we have an abundance of talent upfront anyway.

Its the area we are now lacking in most imo.

So to now accept a bid when there is such a short amount of time till the season starts is pretty ******* jokish.

Unless we have players in mind we can replace him with.

But I doubt that.

He is on big wages, we are in league 1.

And we definitely have players in mind to replace him.

Burt will have a list of lots of players in different positions. He completely brought in a new Forest team whilst there.

Silly move. With ince in charge they will be on their way back down to league one where they belong next season imo. Tin pot club that managed lower average attendances than us last season, and not much higher than us before even though they were in the top half of the league.

Agree about where Blackpool are headed.

Dont rate Ince as a manager at all, + he quits as soon as the going gets half tough, he even tried to earlier in pre season.

They wont be goin anywhere fast.

He is on big wages, we are in league 1.

And we definitely have players in mind to replace him.

Burt will have a list of lots of players in different positions. He completely brought in a new Forest team whilst there.

Fair enough.

Lets just hope these players actually appear before the end of the window.

Cus as it stands. Ya Baldock will be a banker to be injured for at least some of the first part of the season.

What will we have then? Taylor and possibly Harewood. Doesnt feel me with joy really.

Fair enough.

Lets just hope these players actually appear before the end of the window.

Cus as it stands. Ya Baldock will be a banker to be injured for at least some of the first part of the season.

What will we have then? Taylor and possibly Harewood. Doesnt feel me with joy really.

JET can play striker. Krans and Burns are there or thereabouts too it wouldn't literally be just Taylor and Harewood.

It has been mentioned elsewhere, maybe Twitter or on here, Davies was one of the big factors in selling the club to fielding, so for him to say that and then jump ship would seem a bit strange.

The board have accepted a bid, at the moment thats all it is, now i'm not his biggest fan but would still be happy for him to stay as i think he could really damage teams in L1, not saying he would end up as the top scorer but he wouldnt be to far behind.

I'll await the news as and when it comes out but like has been mentioned, i Hope Burt and SOD have a suitable replacement in mind. I dont think Harewood is the replacement as it looked like he was going to be signed before this came out or that negotiations with Blackpool have been ticking over for a while now and he was always going to be it.

pah

At the risk of repeating myself once again on the issue of the fee for Pitman, if it is true that he went for as little as 60k (some articles suggest different) it is obvious and understandable why we weren't able to get a substancial fee for him in January.

• On the first day of the season he is selected on the bench while Albert starts up front. He is then left on the bench until injury time even though we need a goal to get back in the game.
  • The week later we sign Baldock and Davies which puts Brett down to 5th in the pecking order.
  • He then becomes the latest in a long line of high wage earners who spend every other Saturday sat in the Williams stand.
  • In December he joins Bournemouth on loan in a deal that by all accounts sees us still paying a large portion of his wages.
  • He is out of contract at the end of the season, is neither rated or wanted by the manager and therefore becomes a complete and utter waste of a large wage.

Which of these meant that we were in any position to negotiate any sort of fee?

Bournemouth know we are desperate to get him off of the wage bill.

Bournemouth know that no other club had shown an interest in him.

Bournemouth know that if the worst comes to the worst they can sign him for free in the summer after we spend another six months paying his wages to do nothing other that sit in the stand. (In fairness hindsight tells us that he may have got a game had he waited for McInnes to be sent packing).

If you rated Brett or you didn't (I did), the manager had made it perfectly clear he was not wanted at City and therefore the only important issue for us was finding a way that we didn't have to pay his wages. Whatever the fee was, and as I said there are plenty of places that stated the deal was a six figure number, it was not the important issue. The important issue was getting a player who was not required (rightly or wrongly) off the wage bill, any fee was secondary to this.

Frankly that deal can be deemed a success as we didn't end up paying up his contract or paying his wages while he plays on loan for someone else until his contract runs out. e.g.- Lee Trundle.

Didnt he move here for personal reasons as he wanted to be closer to home? Potential reason why he may not go to Blackpool.

Blackpool is considerably closer to Liverpool than Bristol is :D

However, I think he did say he prefers life further down South.

Blackpool is considerably closer to Liverpool than Bristol is :D

However, I think he did say he prefers life further down South.

Oh ok was sure there was a reason why he wanted to move down south. Would imagine Millwall would be his favoured destination if that is the case then.

As i said on another thread i felt sure either Baldock or Davies would go as they do not work as a partnership up front and to have one of them as a back up striker on their wages wouldn't be viable. I would see the wages that are being freed up used now for a midfielder, to replace Kelly (Marlon Pack?) and another striker.

It has been mentioned elsewhere, maybe Twitter or on here, Davies was one of the big factors in selling the club to fielding, so for him to say that and then jump ship would seem a bit strange.

How naive do you have to be to believe this stuff?

Players are always asked on arrival who they know and regularly trot this sort of stuff out.

Fact is FIelding was surplus to requirements at Derby and rightly wanted first team football. Davies will move for another signing on fee and better standard of football if it suits him.

All this other stuff belongs in Shoot or Match Weekly.

high earner, low fitness

very good finisher, but i don't know how many luxury players a L1 team can carry, and i suspect JET will be ours for next season. as long as the deal includes a sell on (he'll be sold again presumably when ince takes blackpool down) of 30% or more than i'd be happy with this, as long as the replacement isn't a 34 year old journeyman

Just when I thought our club was getting the knack for transfers, A.Durden has posted it could be UP TO £500k. ******* ridiculous.

I don't think he has any idea of the exact figure tbh. We won't be far from getting our money back on him.

Archived