IGNORED

Match Tickets - New Arrangements

robc

I have read that many supporters appear displeased with the new Season Ticket arrangements and I have to say that I am deeply unimpressed with the new Matchday ticket arrangements too. For the last few years we have been able to buy a ticket on line and have the purchase added to a smart card that could be validated on entry through the turnstile. Simple and very effective.

That all appears to have gone and the new site takes your money once you have chosen seats and tells you nothing about how you actually get your Tickets and gain admission to the Ground. There appears to be no 'Postal' Option and (for now at at least) no option to print your tickets before you arrive. I am assuming that I have to collect my Tickets for the Bradford game from the ground before Kick Off - although there is nothing to say so - and to be honest I regard this as - a supporter who travels from London for most Weekend Home games - as a serious reduction in customer service. I do hope the Club is paying significantly less for these new arrangements as I suspect that I will not be the only one wondering whether the change in contract was good business.

Have to say that I was a little disappointed today when I was charged £10 to move my season ticket one seat along the row. One of the lads I sit with has moved away, so rather than leave a gap (which could get sol) decided to move up. As I had already renewed, I had to pay the fee. Having had the seat since the Williams was converted from the old enclosure (and previous to that, a season ticket holder for many years in the Dolman since it was built) I was a little irked to say the least. The staff in the shop were very apologetic and there was no point in having a go at them. They did double check for me as the same thing happened earlier in the week.

They said that if the club were issuing the ticket, I would not have been charged. However, as the 3rd part that they now use charges, that gets passed on to me. Obviously, I could have left things as they were but want the banter of sitting next to your mates.

I have read that many supporters appear displeased with the new Season Ticket arrangements and I have to say that I am deeply unimpressed with the new Matchday ticket arrangements too. For the last few years we have been able to buy a ticket on line and have the purchase added to a smart card that could be validated on entry through the turnstile. Simple and very effective.

That all appears to have gone and the new site takes your money once you have chosen seats and tells you nothing about how you actually get your Tickets and gain admission to the Ground. There appears to be no 'Postal' Option and (for now at at least) no option to print your tickets before you arrive. I am assuming that I have to collect my Tickets for the Bradford game from the ground before Kick Off - although there is nothing to say so - and to be honest I regard this as - a supporter who travels from London for most Weekend Home games - as a serious reduction in customer service. I do hope the Club is paying significantly less for these new arrangements as I suspect that I will not be the only one wondering whether the change in contract was good business.

Same here bought a couple for family takes the money no idea whether they are posted need picking up etc and no email confirmation.

Have to say that I was a little disappointed today when I was charged £10 to move my season ticket one seat along the row. One of the lads I sit with has moved away, so rather than leave a gap (which could get sol) decided to move up. As I had already renewed, I had to pay the fee. Having had the seat since the Williams was converted from the old enclosure (and previous to that, a season ticket holder for many years in the Dolman since it was built) I was a little irked to say the least. The staff in the shop were very apologetic and there was no point in having a go at them. They did double check for me as the same thing happened earlier in the week.

They said that if the club were issuing the ticket, I would not have been charged. However, as the 3rd part that they now use charges, that gets passed on to me. Obviously, I could have left things as they were but want the banter of sitting next to your mates.

That is a piss take.

The ability to print your own ticket was great. A direct link from the Living Room to The Gate. Was easy to use even for me as a technophobe. Massive step backwards if the case ... and there was I thinking we were finally moving in the right direction off the field.

Waiting for response from the Club - 3 hours 8 minutes and counting...

How can they possibly sell tickets without telling you where to pick them up?

Why change something that was working well. Ridiculous.

One step at a time.

At least you've been able to order a ticket.

My experience, like others, has been that the site doesn't recognise previous details. So you try to register. Then it tells you your email address is already being used. So you try to change your password, using your email address. But it doesn't recognise it.

In the meantime, the seats I wanted in the Dolman C for the Bradford game are presumably being sold to someone else.

Why didn't you just wait until the Bradford game see if anyone was sitting in your friends seat if not you move into it, if so just explain that you want to sit next to your friends and see if they would swap, And if there a season ticket holder ask to swap for the season

:laugh: I was shot down months ago when I said these changes would be a massive failure to start with, just when the club needed good will from its supporters. The usual suspects came out and said I didn't have a clue, and everything was all rosey with the new company taking over.

To be honest I didn't think it would be quite this much of a shambles. Shocker considering this is what they do as a business, and the process is pretty basic to set up.

I would be shot of these cowboys! I bet we are tied into a nice lengthy contract with them.

Shocking stuff. I hope we have penalty clauses against them, as I bet City are losing customers because of these clueless wasters. Clearly no UAT has been put in place before going live. The club should never of accepted this shoddy system if it has gone through UAT someone at the club needs shooting.

:laugh: I was shot down months ago when I said these changes would be a massive failure to start with, just when the club needed good will from its supporters. The usual suspects came out and said I didn't have a clue, and everything was all rosey with the new company taking over.

To be honest I didn't think it would be quite this much of a shambles. Shocker considering this is what they do as a business, and the process is pretty basic to set up.

I would be shot of these cowboys! I bet we are tied into a nice lengthy contract with them.

Shocking stuff. I hope we have penalty clauses against them, as I bet City are losing customers because of these clueless wasters. Clearly no UAT has been put in place before going live. The club should never of accepted this shoddy system if it has gone through UAT someone at the club needs shooting.

We are doing the UAT and identifying defects, most of which should have been sorted of during BAT.

We are doing the UAT and identifying defects, most of which should have been sorted of during BAT.

How come it is live and the most basic functions are not working then?

Surely BAT comes first, then UAT gets signed off and it goes into production. If it is happening arse about face, no wonder there is a almighty cock up!

I am surprised that the club hasn't asked for some beta testers from fans.. there appears to be plenty of SDLC experience here!

.. but I suppose they don't own the IT department anymore.

Exactly. No brainer. A whole community here and other forums who could have reported back a lack of functionality a long time ago. There is just no excuse for this level of shoddyness to be in place. No excuse what so ever. Hopefully the club have learned a valuable lesson here.

How come it is live and the most basic functions are not working then?

Surely BAT comes first, then UAT gets signed off and it goes into production. If it is happening arse about face, no wonder there is a almighty cock up!

I think he meant we, the supporters in a live situation, are doing the UAT.

Is it a brand new system, I don't mean to us but to all users.

Never buy a brand new system!!

I think he meant we, the supporters in a live situation, are doing the UAT.

Is it a brand new system, I don't mean to us but to all users.

Never buy a brand new system!!

I am sure that is what they are saying. And if that is true it is completely unacceptable. You don't put untested products into a live environment. This is kids stuff.

Archived