IGNORED

Marv

redhead

To be honest with the passing style we are looking to implement I cant see marv getting much game time.

Biscuits always gets a game for Barca, still a need for a midfielder that can put his foot in.

Marv has been a good player for us through thick and thin. Doesn't deserve this level of bitchy abuse IMO.

Possibly an indication of City fans getting too far above their own station, we're L1 now, players like Marv are valuable.

Completely agree.

He's been a good servant and will be even more important now Kelly is injured.

Marv has been a good player for us through thick and thin. Doesn't deserve this level of bitchy abuse IMO.

Possibly an indication of City fans getting too far above their own station, we're L1 now, players like Marv are valuable.

I agree but he will struggle with this brand of football given his inability at times (he wasn't the only one) to pass the ball 5 yards last season. I would have him in the squad but not the Starting 11.

Biscuits always gets a game for Barca, still a need for a midfielder that can put his foot in.

Busquets is a brilliant footballer. Not many better than him at what he does. He lets Iniesta and Xavi pretty much have free roam. Made Mascherano and Song (occasionally) change to play at CB because they cant get in ahead of him. Yaya Toure and Keita were sold because of the same reason. Also how he replaced Senna in the spain squad was very special. Senna was amazing in the 2008 Euros.

Busquets is a brilliant footballer. Not many better than him at what he does. He lets Iniesta and Xavi pretty much have free roam. Made Mascherano and Song (occasionally) change to play at CB because they cant get in ahead of him. Yaya Toure and Keita were sold because of the same reason. Also how he replaced Senna in the spain squad was very special. Senna was amazing in the 2008 Euros.

Agree with all of that apart from is name should always be biscuits

Busquets is one of my most hated players up there with Rampos and arbaloa. Always feigning injury and first to get in the referees face. Won't hesitate to take someone out if they feel that they can get away with it. I know that's its now a part of the game but they take the biscuit...

Busquets has the easiest job in world football, fact!

As for marv, really cant see it being him. Comes across as a great role model and professional.

Agree. I think Busquets is very over rated.

What makes it worse is he's a snivelling little****. Detestable little cretin who is a dirty cheat!

The way I feel about Elliot is similar to how I felt about Skuse last season. Yes - he's been good for us and worked hard and deserves a bit more respect than he gets from some of the fans on here but I still just don't see him as part of how the team should go forward in the future. If SOD is going to make this passing culture works then it needs players to reliably pass a football.

And yes, I get that tacking is important too but

a) if you don't give away the ball so often, the midfield's under pressure and you need to tackle less.

b) whilst I'm not singling Marv out for blame, the fact is last season our midfield was constantly over-run and collectively the midfield failed to protect the defence. As a defensive-minded midfielder, he has to shoulder some of the blame for that.

For this season, I think Marv could be useful as we look to close down games late on and as cover if Wynter loses form/gets injured but, much as I appreciate all he's done for us in the past, I do feel we need to look to get more technically capable midfielders in for the future...

The way I feel about Elliot is similar to how I felt about Skuse last season. Yes - he's been good for us and worked hard and deserves a bit more respect than he gets from some of the fans on here but I still just don't see him as part of how the team should go forward in the future. If SOD is going to make this passing culture works then it needs players to reliably pass a football.

And yes, I get that tacking is important too but

a) if you don't give away the ball so often, the midfield's under pressure and you need to tackle less.

b) whilst I'm not singling Marv out for blame, the fact is last season our midfield was constantly over-run and collectively the midfield failed to protect the defence. As a defensive-minded midfielder, he has to shoulder some of the blame for that.

For this season, I think Marv could be useful as we look to close down games late on and as cover if Wynter loses form/gets injured but, much as I appreciate all he's done for us in the past, I do feel we need to look to get more technically capable midfielders in for the future...

if marv has a short option he will use it as passing isn;t his best part of the game, thats why him and johnson/hartley worked so well together, both players were right there as soon as marv won athe ball ready to give him the option, we (as a club) and him (as a player) havent had that now for 3 years, Skuse and Elliot didn'twork and unfortunattly McInnes and Millen couldn't (or more likely) to stubbon to see that,

Elliot will work with a cultured midfielder next to him one who can pass the ball about which gives elliot the time to do his job which is win the ball, anyway I don't he will be playing much

if marv has a short option he will use it as passing isn;t his best part of the game, thats why him and johnson/hartley worked so well together, both players were right there as soon as marv won athe ball ready to give him the option, we (as a club) and him (as a player) havent had that now for 3 years, Skuse and Elliot didn'twork and unfortunattly McInnes and Millen couldn't (or more likely) to stubbon to see that,

Elliot will work with a cultured midfielder next to him one who can pass the ball about which gives elliot the time to do his job which is win the ball, anyway I don't he will be playing much

That's a fair point. The problem is it's so long since we've had that player to play alongside him...

That's a fair point. The problem is it's so long since we've had that player to play alongside him...

thats the problem,

Marv for me is a poor mans Scott Parker or Roy Keane, brake up play win headers and tackles and score the odd goal, not to spray 20 yard balls around and frankley if marv could pick a pass he wouldn't be playing for bristol city

Archived