IGNORED

O 'driscoll Misunderstood

Major Isewater

Lots of folk say that SOD is miserable and not a motivator but i have to say that in his case it's the result and not the performance that counts.

A deadpan ,flat ,blackcountry (can i say blackcountry,?) accent, lots of sniffing really masks the honest ,intelligent content of his interviews.

We are seeing the green shoots of recovery and everything coming out of Ashton Gate is really positive.

No whinging,Sean does n't like playing with whingers,just the right attitude.

We shall overcome (small reference to Bob Taylor's Knob,sorry)

City will rise (now that's enough Bob ) and prevail.

The future is exciting

Why on earth would you not be able to say black country?

(He's said it again.)

Sorry

Its a référence to a thread where i had a small doubt If i could call Albert our "Black Pearl " this started a long debate about terminology that is and is n't acceptable.

It's a jokette ,a little nod for those that read that particular thread.For those that did n't this thread could just possibly reproduce the same reactions,so you will have missed nothing .

How we love going round in circles.

Enjoy your day !

I love reading his articles and transcriptions of his interviews, and I consider myself a person more swayed by substance than style, but I really do struggle to remain attentive throughout his video interviews.

This clearly doesn't affect his ability to communicate his ideas to players, though, so it's hardly a problem. I'm happy that he has sensible things to say and if I can't concentrate for 10 minutes whilst he says them then that's my problem, not his.

I really like the fact that S'oD goes against the grain of what is considered important by many in this day and age - to be media friendly. The obsession with X-Factor-like performances of sportspeople in front of the camera takes away the importance of their sporting achievement. I don't care if they stutter or can't string a sentence together.

What S'oD says and does is important - not how he says it.

I had the opportunity to watch a lot of Bournemouth when Sean was in charge. He has always had this 'persona' and it's because he is shy. Pure and simple. I met him a couple of times at functions and he is exactly the same when the cameras are off and he is amongst friends/players. It's just the way he is.

When he went to Doncaster it was interesting to see that he took a very long time to win them over. He doesn't appeal to the working class northerner and they were calling for his head 6 months into the job because he was considered aloof and odd but he produced a team that won promotion playing attractive football.

The Forest fans loved him and could see that he was an intelligent man and they were gutted when he lost his job there.

We have a diamond. From listening to him talk at the last Fans Parliament I have absolute faith that he will get us promoted this season and we will do it playing attractive football.

My only concern is that if we were to have a run of poor form the knuckle scrapers on here would have their knives sharpened because he doesn't come across as passionate or hard.

He should be managing in the Premiership and we should cherish him while he is here.

I had the opportunity to watch a lot of Bournemouth when Sean was in charge. He has always had this 'persona' and it's because he is shy. Pure and simple. I met him a couple of times at functions and he is exactly the same when the cameras are off and he is amongst friends/players. It's just the way he is.

When he went to Doncaster it was interesting to see that he took a very long time to win them over. He doesn't appeal to the working class northerner and they were calling for his head 6 months into the job because he was considered aloof and odd but he produced a team that won promotion playing attractive football.

The Forest fans loved him and could see that he was an intelligent man and they were gutted when he lost his job there.

We have a diamond. From listening to him talk at the last Fans Parliament I have absolute faith that he will get us promoted this season and we will do it playing attractive football.

My only concern is that if we were to have a run of poor form the knuckle scrapers on here would have their knives sharpened because he doesn't come across as passionate or hard.

He should be managing in the Premier League and we should cherish him while he is here.

He will be, at BCFC… :whistle:

It's not so much the accent of S O'D, it's the lack of volume that amazes me. I usually listen to RB on the way to games and when Sean's interview comes on I think the car radio's broken!

He clearly doesn't like interviews although it is part of his job and communicating with the fans is utterly vital.

It's not so much the accent of S O'D, it's the lack of volume that amazes me. I usually listen to RB on the way to games and when Sean's interview comes on I think the car radio's broken!

He clearly doesn't like interviews although it is part of his job and communicating with the fans is utterly vital.

Absolutely correct, but as I have already said, seems to have the ability to see the same game as the fans, a rare thing for a football manager.

His biggest problem is that he talks a lot of sense and knows exactly what he is doing - little of which probably helps on Championship Manager.

This. It drives me potty as soon as SOD comes on, I can't hear him!

.....................but not as vital as communicating with the players.

perhaps we are all a bit too conditioned by the media age, where image, brand etc are the buzz words. I've read lots of posts questioning whether SOD can motivate players, because of his manner/personality. he is not a Gary Johnson type, with a soundbite always to hand, but I imagine he is most comfortable dealing with players on a one to one basis.

After the last 3 seasons, I want the manager to communicate with me by the performances his team put in out on the pitch. it seems to me that SOD knows what he is about, what he's trying to achieve and how he's going to achieve it. How much more communication do I need from him in a verbal form?

perhaps we are all a bit too conditioned by the media age, where image, brand etc are the buzz words. I've read lots of posts questioning whether SOD can motivate players, because of his manner/personality. he is not a Gary Johnson type, with a soundbite always to hand, but I imagine he is most comfortable dealing with players on a one to one basis.

After the last 3 seasons, I want the manager to communicate with me by the performances his team put in out on the pitch. it seems to me that SOD knows what he is about, what he's trying to achieve and how he's going to achieve it. How much more communication do I need from him in a verbal form?

Don't disagree DC. However I do like a manager who can explain what he is up to, to us paying punters. We may not provide the majority of the club's income but let's face it City wouldn't exist without the likes of you and me.

Agree, all this political correctness does my head in. Black is a word, white is a word and yellow is a word so people should get used to it.

You can say black country. No one is saying otherwise.

But why would you need to call a man black or white? What has colour got to do with anything?

You can say black country. No one is saying otherwise.

But why would you need to call a man black or white? What has colour got to do with anything?

Agree, colour should have nothing to do with a reference to someone.

Black Country is a reference to the industrial revolution in that part of the uk.

All people are the same regardless of colour.

I love reading his articles and transcriptions of his interviews, and I consider myself a person more swayed by substance than style, but I really do struggle to remain attentive throughout his video interviews.

This clearly doesn't affect his ability to communicate his ideas to players, though, so it's hardly a problem. I'm happy that he has sensible things to say and if I can't concentrate for 10 minutes whilst he says them then that's my problem, not his.

Clearly

Exactly this.

I get fed up with the same old cliche type sayings from managers and players. I appreciate the need to be politically correct but sometimes it really is tedious.

I actually find him refreshing. He tells it how it is and has his own look on things. Doesn't pander to the fans and talks honestly, rather than the same old crap that everyone wants to hear.

McInnes used to drive me nuts. He would constantly try to ensure he spoke well and sounded informative but ultimately just used typical manager speak that was what we wanted to hear and straight from the managers handbook. In fact, Docherty infuriated me beyond belief last season after the Derby home game. I think it was after Derby anyway!? After the game McInnes refused to be interviewed, only for Docherty to come out and make ludicrous remarks along the lines of us 'dominating the game' and 'creating 5 or 6 great chances'. After witnessing such a gutless and quite frankly painfully desperate display it was the last thing I wanted to hear. He was either completely deluded or was just lying to paper over the cracks and protect Del. Probably both.

Anyway back on SoD.....

Why is it a problem if he isn't great with the media!? Like I've said I like the way he goes about it, just don't get what people want. We have an extremely intelligent manager who really wants to sort this club out. That's all that bothers me really.

Exactly this.

I get fed up with the same old cliche type sayings from managers and players. I appreciate the need to be politically correct but sometimes it really is tedious.

I actually find him refreshing. He tells it how it is and has his own look on things. Doesn't pander to the fans and talks honestly, rather than the same old crap that everyone wants to hear.

McInnes used to drive me nuts. He would constantly try to ensure he spoke well and sounded informative but ultimately just used typical manager speak that was what we wanted to hear and straight from the managers handbook. In fact, Docherty infuriated me beyond belief last season after the Derby home game. I think it was after Derby anyway!? After the game McInnes refused to be interviewed, only for Docherty to come out and make ludicrous remarks along the lines of us 'dominating the game' and 'creating 5 or 6 great chances'. After witnessing such a gutless and quite frankly painfully desperate display it was the last thing I wanted to hear. He was either completely deluded or was just lying to paper over the cracks and protect Del. Probably both.

Anyway back on SoD.....

Why is it a problem if he isn't great with the media!? Like I've said I like the way he goes about it, just don't get what people want. We have an extremely intelligent manager who really wants to sort this club out. That's all that bothers me really.

It sums up what I already mentioned.

He is 100% Cognitive.

May add that he seems to touch on the AS Spectrum too.

Totally agree Taylor 10. Its spooky. I seem to agree with everything you say!

Put it down to knowledge Timmy boy!

I just don't get why people can't just accept or like him for how he is? If he changed all of a sudden why would anyone like him for someone or something he isn't!? Seriously don't get what people want? Do people want him to all of a sudden wear an Armani suit and skid on his knees along the touch line when we score a 93rd minute winner at home to Shrewsbury to win 2-1? Perhaps he should try and blame every defeat on the ref and match officials all the time? Even square up to other managers in the dug out??

Every manager is different. Being a larger than life character and a media darling doesn't go hand in hand with being a good manager.

Archived