IGNORED

Baldock

Briz

Nice post BR.

Felt that last season, a lot of balls into Baldock were diagonal from the half way line, where the centre backs, (who were generally a foot taller than him and facing the right way) delt with the threat too Easley. Or Albert would be crowded out before he could cross the ball.

Both of which made us very predictable and easy to beat.

Can he score 20+ this season? Hope so. Didn't Roberts score 17, Peacock 20, and Super 26 In one season and we still didn't go up?

What's impressing me with Baldock, Kilkenny, Pack (if he signs) and I think every Bristol City player I've seen interviewed this season is how clear it is how much they're thinking about the game and how intelligent and considered they sound. SOD really seems to be building a philosophy that the players are buying into.

Since when do u need a 20 goal a season to get promoted? Cardiff didn't have one

It helps but it isn't essential

Agree.

Plymouth went up as champions with their centre backs as top scorers with less than twenty goals each.

WTF can't we score more goals from set pieces?

Baldock could easily score 20 with good service, something he didn't have at all last season and despite that scored reasonably well in such a dreadful team languishing at the bottom.

Whether he will is still unknown, but he certainly has the ability to score plenty of goals if given good service.

Baldock could easily score 20 with good service, something he didn't have at all last season and despite that scored reasonably well in such a dreadful team languishing at the bottom.

Whether he will is still unknown, but he certainly has the ability to score plenty of goals if given good service.

He's never had good service throughout his career then?

He got 1 goal in every 3 games for MK Dons, 1 in every 5 for West Ham, 1 in 3 for us.

Can't knock the guy. Apart from at West Ham.

In the final analysis he's never scored more than 12 league goals in a season.

For whatever reason some fans seem convinced he will score more for City next season than he's ever managed before, and by some margin - let's hope they're proved right.

He got 1 goal in every 3 games for MK Dons, 1 in every 5 for West Ham, 1 in 3 for us.

Can't knock the guy. Apart from at West Ham.

The season we signed him, didn't he score something like 5 goals in 5 friendly appearances? Looked like he was finding his feet in the side.

In the final analysis he's never scored more than 12 league goals in a season.

For whatever reason some fans seen convinced he will score more for City next season than he's ever managed before, and by some margin - let's hope they're proved right.

12 goals would make him joint 14th last season.

I reckon he could possibly get 15 goals this season due to him maturing and having better players around. That's only 3 more goals than his record.

15 goals would of meant he'd been 7th top goal scorer. Not too bad.

He's never had good service throughout his career then?

That I don't know. As you said the most he's notched in one season is 12, but he did that in 30 games. If he plays 40 at the same ratio than that's 16 which is getting there. He's also had Championship experience since then which can only help.

He seems very much a confidence player and if the side is playing well I'd expect him to score goals when chances come. The start he made at WHU was very impressive given he had a handful of substitute appearances.

I'm not saying by any means it's a certainty he'll score for fun, but I think (hope) we're still to see the best of him, and hopefully his experience at a higher level has stood him in good stead for a good season back in L1.

You would think that expérience gives a player more advantages and there fore more goals !

Yeh but I think its a bit of a desperate argument. Maynard, Lita, Rhodes, Owen, Austin, whoever. They score goals at a young age if they're a goalscorer.

You don't then turn 27 and hit 30 out of nowhere.

Archived