IGNORED

Bradford Game

TheRedHalf

With less than a week to go now until the start of the new season, I am sure that all of you have day dreamed about what lies ahead of us this season. City have lost their opening games for the past three or four seasons in a row now I believe and I am hoping that this year we can break that pattern. What result would be considered a good start to the season on Saturday? For me anything but a win will be a disappointment, and also does anyone have any idea how many fans Bradford are bringing to this game?

Bradford are no mugs and i predict them to be top half with ourselves. Win would be a good result.

Agree. I personally think they will be well into the top half and possibly even play offs.

I would snap anyone's hand off now if I was offered a 1-0 win! Would be a great start!

Lets not get too concerned about results, especially in the first few weeks. Especially after last year.

I know what you are getting at but we don't want to be five or six games in and still waiting for our first Win.

Confidence is vital this season. A point and a decent performance wouldnt be a disaster in the first game. Teams who have just come up are notoriously hard to play on the opening day.

Bradford put 4 past Guiseley and then Athlone and Bohemians in a pre-season trip to Ireland, as well as 2 against Grimsby and one in a 2-1 defeat at home to Donny on Saturday. They haven't played anyone of much substance in pre-season but will be full of confidence in front of goal -Our defence will need to be on top form to hold them out, but I am still optimistic for a narrow win given our last 2 excellent performances v Reading and B'mouth

I know what you are getting at but we don't want to be five or six games in and still waiting for our first Win.

Confidence is vital this season. A point and a decent performance wouldnt be a disaster in the first game. Teams who have just come up are notoriously hard to play on the opening day.

Confidence is vital that means beating Bradford at home and not worring to much about what they can do; just concentrate on what we can do, thats start with a win at home.

We have what we wanted a young eager team now lets play football.......... 3-0 to Bristol City take them out.

have a sneaky feeling this game has 1-1 written all over it.

Both teams are not going to want to lose their first games of the season. Bradford will be tough, but I am quiet confident that this season will be an enjoyable one.

1-1 draw, follwed by 3 points against Coventry at the Sixfields will be a good start in my eyes

Any kind of win would be a good start. A victory gets the monkeys off yer back and gives the players confidence as well as allowing them to relax into a long season. A clean sheet would be a great start as well.

Obviously a nice 3-0 would be perfect but a scrappy 1-0 would do.

2 0 win Flint header from a corner after city dominate the first half hour with possession and a few half chances and a goal early in the second half before city frustrate Bradford with some beautiful one touch football 65% possession Bradford have 2 shots the whole game and 1 is brilliantly saved by fielding so that's what I hope but seriously who knows? Going to be a really interesting season and one where I fall back in love with city and football even if we finish mid table COYR

0 - 0. I think both teams will be overly cautious. I think we will defend well, but I don't think we'll have any end product.

Exactly how I see it. Going to be a nervy day I think, would be good to see some 'football' being played though

Archived