IGNORED

Bradford Fans

sglosbcfc

How many do you think they will bring on Saturday? I think it will be 1500 minimum. It is a long way to travel, but after getting promoted and on the back of their best season for quite a few years I think it will be a noisy away end. As for overall gate, I am going to be optimistic and say 15,000.

15,000 ?

8,000ish season tickets sold and estimated 2,000 walk up tickets including Bradford - closer to 10,000 I would think.

Much higher me thinks, I know loads of City supporters who haven't got STs but will go on the opening day. The result and how we perform will determine whether they return or whether we quickly drop to 10,000 gates.

Out of interest, when was the last time City had a gate below 10,000 on their first home match? Must have been years and years ago.

First day, local league players who can't make it during the regular season turning up as they're not 'back in action' for another month or so, high hopes, should be seeing at least 13 - 14k + I'd have thought, fair weather dependent.

I think somebody above hit the nail on the head, there will be a lot of fans waiting before passing judgement on the team, get off to a flyer and they'll stay, disappoint early on and your crowds could tumble.

Bradford SHOULD bring a sizeable following, they had a superb back end of last season, squeezed into the Play-offs late, had Wembley twice (of course) so their fans will be buzzing. As will the team - they will be properly up for this and will get some decent crowds this year themselves (probably average in excess of City). I think this could be a really good test for you... a good barometer of how good you really are and if SO'D can walk the walk as well as talk the talk!

Not long now... Think 800 fans from Bradford would be great, can't see 1500 though.

I think we have to be contenders for the title, everything is going so well apart from a few injuries.

Need to get off to a good win, settle some nerves and confirm we are getting it right.

Not long now... Think 800 fans from Bradford would be great, can't see 1500 though.

I think we have to be contenders for the title, everything is going so well apart from a few injuries.

Need to get off to a good win, settle some nerves and confirm we are getting it right.

Wolves are odds on for the title.

Genuine question, not a wind up: Really? I have only seen Twitter comments (from respected Press) and they said that the Reading game was dour and 'wouldn't last long in the memory' and I understand the Bournemouth game was also a game of very few chances and little incident.

Obviously these are only friendlies and basically fitness exercises only, but from afar (obviously I've not seen you at all) it sounds like you're playing a bit like Barnet did last season - i.e. nice little 'pass and move' triangles in your half of the field that's pretty on the eye but no cutting edge up front.

Barnet were a league apart from ANY other team I saw last year (honestly) in the first two thirds of the pitch, but for all their 'fancy-pants' football they had no killer instinct and actually created very little. They were the best 'footballing' / passing side in the division and if you look at ball retention / possession percentage they must have been right up there, but ultimately they got relegated because they couldn't actually score very many.

Now if I look at the back end of last season, SO'D would happily celebrate the amount of possession you had after each 3 or 4 nil defeat - but ultimately it's goals that win games and get you promotion.

I also wonder if there's a 'plan B' if the possession stuff isn't working - SO'D seems quite stubborn in this respect so it will be interesting to see if he has the tactical nous to change a game / formation when it's not working for you.

As I say, just a view from afar - time will tell exactly how well you do and whether you can convert the pleasing passing football in your own half and midfield into some clinical finishing where it matters!

edit: spelling

Genuine question, not a wind up: Really? I have only seen Twitter comments (from respected Press) and they said that the Reading game was dour and 'wouldn't last long in the memory' and I understand the Bournemouth game was also a game of very few chances and little incident.

Obviously these are only friendlies and basically fitness exercises only, but from afar (obviously I've not seen you at all) it sounds like you're playing a bit like Barnet did last season - i.e. nice little 'pass and move' triangles in your half of the field that's pretty on the eye but no cutting edge up front.

Barnet were a league apart from ANY other team I saw last year (honestly) in the first two thirds of the pitch, but for all their 'fancy-pants' football they had no killer instinct and actually created very little. They were the best 'footballing' / passing side in the division and if you look at ball retention / possession percentage they must have been right up there, but ultimately they got relegated because they couldn't actually score very many.

Now if I look at the back end of last season, SO'D would happily celebrate the amount of possession you had after each 3 or 4 nil defeat - but ultimately it's goals that win games and get you promotion.

I also wonder if there's a 'plan B' if the possession stuff isn't working - SO'D seems quite stubborn in this respect so it will be interesting to see if he has the tactical nous to change a game / formation when it's not working for you.

As I say, just a view from afar - time will tell exactly how well you do and whether you can convert the pleasing passing football in your own half and midfield into some clinical finishing where it matters!

edit: spelling

I don't think many city fans would expect to be title winners after last season imo. Most of us realise this is a period of consolidation, ON PAPER we probably have the best squad in the league bar wolves, but as we found out last season that counts for **** all. Speaking to fellow city fans on the whole id say a top ten finish would be expected but not promotion, which is reasonable considering the size of the club and squad we have. Interesting point re barnet, non comparable though imo, we didn't play possession football at all last year when so'd came in as a result of league position. This is the first chance he really has had to stamp his mark on the team. I don't know who you were speaking to re the reading game, was full of chances and both teams played some neat football, if you look on itv at our goal you will see. Genuine question- are you a closet city fan? ;)

Edit: re the op, I think Bradford will bring about 1k with a crowd of between 12-13, I know plenty of people who aren't getting season tickets but going to most games due to the low potd and phase 1 prices so we will have a fair few thousand buying tickets for most games this year imo.

...title contenders?...dream on.neither board or managment are targeting an immediate return to the Championship.too many things to be put right before we can expect to go back there in the right shape..

11500 - 12000 tops I would say

I think somewhere between 11-11.5k, even if Bradford bring 1500+.

People seem to forget just how many City fans became completely disenchanted with the club last season, and I've heard of many who are simply 'not interested in watching 3rd division football again'.

I'm the opposite, looking forward to this season far more than the last few.

I think Wolves have the strongest team.

Hennessy, Ricketts, Stearman, Batth, Elokobi, Doumbia, Davis, Edwards, Sako, Griffiths, Cassidy

That team is far too strong for League One IMO.

Do they still have O'hara as well ?

As for attendance I would guess about 12,500 max with The away support making up 1,500 of that.

13,000 with 2,000 bantams, They travel well and will be optimistic after promotion last season, Plus the City fans who don't want to commit to a ST, could be a wonderful sunny day in BS3 with 11,000 ecstatic cider heads :banana:

They don't travel THAT well...

Although a dramatic rise in their away support last season, they averaged around the 800 mark.

Their home attendance is good but away numbers, wouldn't suggest over 1000.

Plus I doubt they Northerners can afford to leave Oop North. If they could then they'd have relocated south by now.

Think about it?!?!

Archived