IGNORED

Brentford Looking Good

TV Tom

From the Rovers Forum

"Brentford are a small club; why would our first team captain, want to leave BRFC for a poxy little club, when we have planning permission for our stadium, and a cracking manager who will take the Gas up to the Championship ? Not going to happen. UTG"

From the Rovers Forum

"Brentford are a small club; why would our first team captain, want to leave BRFC for a poxy little club, when we have planning permission for our stadium, and a cracking manager who will take the Gas up to the Championship ? Not going to happen. UTG"

:facepalm:

With a fine 3-2 win against a very strong Cardiff team last night, the Bees are my tip to win the league.

but frendlies mean nothing......................... add another proven goalscorer, Harewood and Pack and we wont be far away.........even in our first season as a nearly new team. We might not score a lot but wont conceed many either.

From the Rovers Forum

Corrected it for them....bless.

Not so sure, lost their keeper and the automatic/play off nightmare will be hard to forget. May have a bit of a hangover like us from last season. the advantage for us over them is that most of the teams will have seen them play last season and will set up accordingly knowing their strengths and weaknesses. Nobody will have a clue what to expect from us, except that we might pass it a bit!!!!

They will almost definitely be up there again and do appear to have made some excellent signings at this level, however it should never be underestimated how much of a hangover a team can suffer after losing in the play-off final and I wouldn't be surprised to see them get to a dodgy start.

The thing about playing a prem team in a freindly is their first fixture is a couple a week and a bit after football league clubs. So they will be a week and a bit behind in terms of their preperation. The same applie but in reverse to playing Scottish teams. Still a good result though and as the saying goes "you can only beat what put infront of you"

On what do you base that you are Play Off contenders? Sorry but all you have done is like everybody else-played a few friendlies and have a lot of new and mostly unproven players. In Friendlies you are allowed by your opponents to pass a ball and also will not face the blood and thunder of League 1 football. I am sure you will find that you won't be given time to play your "nice to the eye" passing football particlarly away from home. I would say that you will be mid table maybe pushing towards the top seven but also that you will still lose a couple of players before the transfer deadline. You still have to overcome the losing feeling of last season and couple of good friendly results don't put that right. The test will be if things don't go as well as some of you think it will and how you react if you go behind. The truth is you probably had a better team at the start of last season than you have now and can SOD motivate if things do go badly. Well we shall soon see when the REAL action starts.

On what do you base that you are Play Off contenders? Sorry but all you have done is like everybody else-played a few friendlies and have a lot of new and mostly unproven players. In Friendlies you are allowed by your opponents to pass a ball and also will not face the blood and thunder of League 1 football. I am sure you will find that you won't be given time to play your "nice to the eye" passing football particlarly away from home. I would say that you will be mid table maybe pushing towards the top seven but also that you will still lose a couple of players before the transfer deadline. You still have to overcome the losing feeling of last season and couple of good friendly results don't put that right. The test will be if things don't go as well as some of you think it will and how you react if you go behind. The truth is you probably had a better team at the start of last season than you have now and can SOD motivate if things do go badly. Well we shall soon see when the REAL action starts.

You seem to be making us play-off contenders?

You really have no idea what your are talking about do you? Sounds like yet more sour grapes from your lot.

On what do your fans base their optimism on for next season considering you won once in your last 5 games of last season?

From the Rovers Forum

That would be because...

They are every bit as big a club as you

You play at a lower standard than them

Your new stadium is a few years away yet

Your cracking manager is an OAP who has to reproduce what he achieved under siege mentality last year

From the Rovers Forum

Yeah, why not pick one comment out of a 6 page thread... other comments I found from a very brief scan of just the first page alone....

"Brentford will most likely go up this season though so if they were actually interested, he could be playing championship football in a year. However, for a 21 year old captain who has 2 years on his contract and is surely one of the best CB's if not the best in the league, I would want £500k"

"Yes they are histrorically probably a similar size to us but they are very likely to be promoted themselves next season. Just as likely as we are if not more so in my opinion."

"Agree, they were unlucky not to get promoted last season and with Rosler seem a club that's on the up... Hopefully they'll end up looking else where as imagine Parkes head could well be turned"

etc etc etc. ;)

Got out of this division last time playing passing football - SOD knows what's needed -done it all before!

On what did your fans base that you are the 'Barcelona of L2' last season?

Your name begins with 'B'?

Some fans asking for 1 million even 2 million pounds!!! Absolute joke.

Don't know if it's their fans being deluded or if it's due to the money in football.

1 million for an average/good league 2 defenders if ridiculous!

Archived