IGNORED

Brentford Looking Good

TV Tom

On what do you base that you are Play Off contenders? Sorry but all you have done is like everybody else-played a few friendlies and have a lot of new and mostly unproven players. In Friendlies you are allowed by your opponents to pass a ball and also will not face the blood and thunder of League 1 football. I am sure you will find that you won't be given time to play your "nice to the eye" passing football particlarly away from home. I would say that you will be mid table maybe pushing towards the top seven but also that you will still lose a couple of players before the transfer deadline. You still have to overcome the losing feeling of last season and couple of good friendly results don't put that right. The test will be if things don't go as well as some of you think it will and how you react if you go behind. The truth is you probably had a better team at the start of last season than you have now and can SOD motivate if things do go badly. Well we shall soon see when the REAL action starts.

What on earth do you know about League 1 football?

Oldham could be a good outside bet this year. Made some good signings over the summer. Defense is perhaps a little weaker, but they're set to be able to score goals I think.

Very difficulty to make predictions outside of the Premiership, most teams are capable of stringing together a few wins. There could very well be 10+ teams still in the hunt for promotion from L1 as we approach the season close.

Archived