IGNORED

Johnson On Five Live

hippy273

Says he's close to Dave Jones, I couldn't believe that. He's being spoken of like he's changing the future of football to defy the odds to keep Yeovil up. He was surprised Lee Johnson got the Oldham job, and that he's learnt the lessons from us in the Championship.

Watched 'Behind the scenes' at Yeovil on SSN, the spirit he's got going in the camp looks incredible. Players laughing and joking around, all look relaxed and Johnson talking a good game as usual.

They'll upset a fair few teams next season.

And if it don't go right, he'll upset a few players in the dressing room !

He'll get found out again for sure.

For being a very good manager. Its unbelievable city fans slate him, I have been going to city for 15 years and Johnsons regime was fantastic to be apart of, I actually used to look forward to going to games. The atmosphere and spirit around the club was amazing and i'm sure Yeovil fans will be loving life right now.

It was a sour ending to his reign here but it will be a long long time till we're one game away from the big time again.

For being a very good manager. Its unbelievable city fans slate him, I have been going to city for 15 years and Johnsons regime was fantastic to be apart of, I actually used to look forward to going to games. The atmosphere and spirit around the club was amazing and i'm sure Yeovil fans will be loving life right now.

I agree 100%. You can't turn back the clock and I'm really looking forward to success under SOD regime, but we shouldn't forget some wonderful times under Johnson. For me he put the pride back in Bristol City and made us the West's premier team.

Time will tell.

We got into the playoffs with a shocking goal difference and were lucky that the league was so weak that season.

We had some good times but he got lucky.

You reckon the spirit was amazing for the last two years of his reign, I don't think so.

It was great when things were going well, but when it wasn't so good it was everybody else's fault bar the man who picked the team.

Watched 'Behind the scenes' at Yeovil on SSN, the spirit he's got going in the camp looks incredible. Players laughing and joking around, all look relaxed and Johnson talking a good game as usual.

They'll upset a fair few teams next season.

If he follows the same path as he did with us it will not last.

Brilliantly said. The lack of respect shown by some on here to GJ is a disgrace - best years in my 30+ of watching. He knows exactly what he's doing and what's required. All the negative comments on here smack of jealousy. Good luck to him and to Yeovil.

Yeovil should be an inspiration and the reason our club should be aiming at nothing less than a blooming good stab at promotion with our (comparatively) huge resources.

Time will tell.

We got into the playoffs with a shocking goal difference and were lucky that the league was so weak that season.

All you need is luck eh? Rubbish, abosolute rubbish. And as for weak leagues - last season was ridiculous and we, several years after GJ, finished bottom by a mile.

Time will tell.

Lucky twice was he ??? getting little Yeovil into the championship was nothing short of a miracle, when he took over 18 months ago they were fighting relegation.

Could not agree more with your sentiment. The Johnson era was a period in our history to savour. it seemed that all were pulling in the same direction on and off the pitch.

I find it hard to believe that GJ generates such visious comments from many on this forum (one in particular). Yeovil will enjoy the ride for sure. Good luck GJ and Yeovil.

Time will tell.

Time will tell what? That he might not be up to keeping Yeovil in the Championship? It hardly makes him a failure even if they do go straight back down.

It's incredible that they got there in the first place - regardless of whether or not you like his methods.

Good Manager, no doubt about that.

I started going in the Johnson era, I think he's a bit off a crowd pleaser which helped get me hooked. It didn't end well for him here but getting us up from L1 and then 90mins from the premier league deserves some credit, even if some luck involved. He's got respect from me.

Time will tell.

A quarter of a century of mostly dross until that bloke took over. Even then we were staring division 4 in the face. 2 and a bit years later we're 1 game away from the premiership, I never dared dream I'd see the day. It'll be another bloody 30 years before it happens again.

Lucky, what's the matter with you.

The fact the Johnson has got Yeovil from non league to Championship and got us promoted and 1 match away from the Prem either means he is the luckiest man in the world, or has to have something about him!

It's not luck, he knows what is needed to build a club. He might have a bit of a scummy attitude, but he knows what is needed. I only hope SOD can do the same having a similar record.

It's not luck, he knows what is needed to build a club. He might have a bit of a scummy attitude, but he knows what is needed. I only hope SOD can do the same having a similar record.

I disagree. He cannot build a club. He can build team spirit.

In many ways he didn't do this club any favours when it comes to the youth academy, or signing older players on too long contracts.

I disagree. He cannot build a club. He can build team spirit.

In many ways he didn't do this club any favours when it comes to the youth academy, or signing older players on too long contracts.

Unless forced to, coaches will always go with tried and trusted, experienced players. Fault lies are boardroom level for not making managers utilise the academy before sanctioning transfers or loans. Luckily that seems to be changing but the proof will be in the pudding. Seems strange to point the finger at Johnson over that.

Unless forced to, coaches will always go with tried and trusted, experienced players. Fault lies are boardroom level for not making managers utilise the academy before sanctioning transfers or loans. Luckily that seems to be changing but the proof will be in the pudding. Seems strange to point the finger at Johnson over that.

I don't think Johnson was the kind of guy to be "forced" to do anything. Why should the boardroom tell Johnson to use the academy?

The boardroom is full of business men, Johnson would turn around and say "Who know's the industry, me or you?".

McInnes came in and started to turn the academy around, and SOD is keen to keep the good work going.

How many players did Johnson play from our academy?

I don't think Johnson was the kind of guy to be "forced" to do anything. Why should the boardroom tell Johnson to use the academy?

The boardroom is full of business men, Johnson would turn around and say "Who know's the industry, me or you?".

McInnes came in and started to turn the academy around, and SOD is keen to keep the good work going.

How many players did Johnson play from our academy?

Joe Edwards? And surprise surprise he is with him.

Archived