IGNORED

Johnson On Five Live

hippy273

I found there to be something of a personality clash between GJ and City fans, collectively (esp. as represented on here). Both are pig-#####-stubborn!

I think we have another manager now who isn't

gonna give two hoots if he grates some of us with his stubbornness. It could cost him,

ultimately.

Now I''m no Freudian but there does seem to be

some sort of psychological projection going on.

Whenever anyone dare stand up to us and try's

not to appease us, he becomes the bad guy.

Well good luck GJ, I say, and thanks for the

good times.

Good post. You make very good points which highlight elements of the Bristolian psyche. There is a side to some Bristolians' which is full of arrogance and attitude - a 'know it all' 'I'm always right, you're always wrong' approach with a mentality to always want the last word and a predilection to bully until they get their way.

Managers should be professional and beyond some fans hate and bile - however it must surely affect managers to the extent they make bad decisions in order to appease the angry mob (even implementing the fans wishes).

When this fails, the haters get angrier, leading to accusations of stubborness against the manager and an irretrievable relationship breakdown between manager and these fans. I can see SOD going the same way as GJ because of these people.

SOD should be stubborn and not be concerned about media persona - he's the manager. The same as GJ had his way of doing things.

Too many people on OTIB wishing they were manager or their input went to the top of BCFC.

The reality is you never will - otherwise you wouldn't be posting on OTIB.

I thank GJ for a great ride (ups and downs) and I'm quietly confident SOD (with the new SL ethos) is preparing us for another.

Talking of the the new ethos - in relation to the old template, has anyone else considered SL's comments regarding spending 50 million wasn't only aimed at himself, previous managers and board members, but also aimed at the fans?

With this in mind, and the hardline approach implemented due to regulations, you can't fault the man for dipping into his pockets again to bring in a good number of new players when there are still a similar number who have yet to be moved on.

I wonder what the odds would be for Yeovil to finish higher in the Championship, than we do in the Third division?

If you're going to make a reference to the Championship then surely the other has to be referred to as League 1, they are in the second division if we are in the third.

The renaming of the leagues has been a joke, but if you have one you need to have the other. Should have stayed as Div 1,2 and 3.

A turd is still a turd whatever you decide to call it.!

Archived