IGNORED

Ag Planning Application In

Kid in the Riot

• SC&T Board Members

As I understand it, once safe standing is cleared (if ever) and we adopt the European model, the capacity will go up to around 30,000.

Yep, 29k-ish is my understanding. That would be plenty until and unless we became an established top-flight club.

• SC&T Board Members

Excellent news, that means the notional all seated SGB max capacity of 35k will probably be over 40k when we adopt the European Safe Standing model :)

Your club has declined to consider this as a future option and it is possible that the basic infrastructure of the ground (i.e. the deck gradients, vomitory dimensions and concourse facilities) will make any conversion structurally and/or financially impossible. I tried many times to engage with your guys so that they could make the stadium futureproof, but they didn't want to know.

Your club has declined to consider this as a future option and it is possible that the basic infrastructure of the ground (i.e. the deck gradients, vomitory dimensions and concourse facilities) will make any conversion structurally and/or financially impossible. I tried many times to engage with your guys so that they could make the stadium futureproof, but they didn't want to know.

Plus they haven't got a pot to piss in, the only reason the UWE is going ahead is down to the Uni and Sainsburys paying for it, how does the little troll think they would ever fund a potential expansion.

I work at the MoD, I hope you will enjoy the football hotbed that is pretty much a trading estate and bunch of offices, not a decent pub in sight and zero history or interest to anyone, enjoy your modern stadium it will be as dull as the team you regularly watch.

Plus they haven't got a pot to piss in, the only reason the UWE is going ahead is down to the Uni and Sainsburys paying for it, how does the little troll think they would ever fund a potential expansion.

I work at the MoD, I hope you will enjoy the football hotbed that is pretty much a trading estate and bunch of offices, not a decent pub in sight and zero history or interest to anyone, enjoy your modern stadium it will be as dull as the team you regularly watch.

Great post, tell 'em as it is.

The problem with building the Atyeo higher has always been the taking of light away from the houses behind that end.

I think it's interesting what happened in Ireland ( is it Landsown road, the rugby ground?) where one end of the ground is completely see through at the back of the stand.

I presume it's toughened glass, but it's something worth baring in mind for any future re-development of the Atyeo/ Parkend end of the ground.

We could build it a lot higher if the light was not taken away from the houses behind??

I was literally just about to say 'nice bowl' ... funny how people have different perspectives hey?

Look at page 25 of the Design and Access statement, essentially it's a bowl, albeit with the Williams stand looking quite impressive with the additional height, I must say. Even your own document refers to the 'features of the seating bowl' ;)

I think it looks ok, a bowl essentially around 3 sides but with an upper tier on the Williams, and then an unchanged Atyeo.

I hope it gets through with few issues and we're both in gleaming new (or partly new) stadia in the next few years!

I don't know many three sided bowls, do you? Your argument, much like your football club generally, is fundementally flawed.

All this talk about bowls - its inevitable that the corners will be filled in, how else can the club get to a 27,000 seated capacity ?

Looks great to me, get it built asap and sod the consultation with supporters - just get on with it.

There are stadiums with corners filled in that do not look bowl/Lego like.

Out of interest, why do you like av more?

I personally think that looks even more bowl like

It probably does, but if we're going to inevitably end up with something like this, I'd rather have the brand spanking new stadium with better future prospects and better transport links than to end up at Ashton Gate. Ashton Vale also looks quite unique, I think the ground looks stunning personally.

The problem with building the Atyeo higher has always been the taking of light away from the houses behind that end.

I think it's interesting what happened in Ireland ( is it Landsown road, the rugby ground?) where one end of the ground is completely see through at the back of the stand.

I presume it's toughened glass, but it's something worth baring in mind for any future re-development of the Atyeo/ Parkend end of the ground.

We could build it a lot higher if the light was not taken away from the houses behind??

The Aviva in Dublin had limited space behind one end so the actual stand is only about 20 rows at ground level. The glass "wall" is to enable the continuation of the roof.

I really doubt anything will be done with the ateyo until such time the houses on Ashton Road are bought and demolished. In order to make a re-development worthwhile, we would probably look to build something similar in height /size to the dolman and the space needed for that, including entrance/exit areas would have to go back as far as Ashton Road

There are stadiums with corners filled in that do not look bowl/Lego like.

It probably does, but if we're going to inevitably end up with something like this, I'd rather have the brand spanking new stadium with better future prospects and better transport links than to end up at Ashton Gate. Ashton Vale also looks quite unique, I think the ground looks stunning personally.

I get the impression we could potentially have both grounds.

If SL doesn't get the Town Green decision overturned, we'll develop AG for the medium term whilst SL continues to fight for AV in the longer term.

If (and it's a big if) we get to the Premier league, AG will suffice to start with, but there's always the possibility of moving to AV over the course of time.

To buy up the remaining houses would be around £6-7 million, I hope the club are buying them up as they come on the market, on rightmove one of them is currently up for sale.

If we did purchase the houses and demolish them we could build a new Atyeo with 40+ flats at the back, this would more than cover the cost of the houses.

I get the impression we could potentially have both grounds.

If SL doesn't get the Town Green decision overturned, we'll develop AG for the medium term whilst SL continues to fight for AV in the longer term.

If (and it's a big if) we get to the Premier league, AG will suffice to start with, but there's always the possibility of moving to AV over the course of time.

Or.........let the rugby keep AG, we move to AV and then connect them with a macky gert bridge :blink:

:handbags: Anyway, as I said, let's hope we both have nice new stadia to play in soon :)

How exactly is your stadium being funded? Is it via football income or a rich benefactor? How was AV to be funded (Sainsbury's wasn't it?). Talking of pots (like you were), the words 'kettle' and 'black' also spring to mind .... how big is your debt right now? How big will it be after the AG rebuild?

Ok then, a modern horseshoe with a old delapidated stand at the open end... better?

Delapidated?? Is that a term for Rory Delap going into retirement??

The Ateyo is less than 20 years old and in relatively good nick. It serves its purpose considering the restraints.

Still a much better home stand than any of your mob can claim to have sat in in the last.......hmmmm.....well ever!

Delapidated?? Is that a term for Rory Delap going into retirement??

The Ateyo is less than 20 years old and in relatively good nick. It serves its purpose considering the restraints.

Still a much better home stand than any of your mob can claim to have sat in in the last.......hmmmm.....well ever!

That's not true. We've sat in lots of wonderful home stands. Unfortunately none of them were ours.

:handbags: Anyway, as I said, let's hope we both have nice new stadia to play in soon :)

How exactly is your stadium being funded? Is it via football income or a rich benefactor? How was AV to be funded (Sainsbury's wasn't it?). Talking of pots (like you were), the words 'kettle' and 'black' also spring to mind .... how big is your debt right now? How big will it be after the AG rebuild?

What does debt matter when your owner is filthy rich? We obviously have to watch our costs but saying we haven't got a pot to piss in would be absolute bollocks.

What does debt matter when your owner is filthy rich? We obviously have to watch our costs but saying we haven't got a pot to piss in would be absolute bollocks.

Well the previous poster was saying we were only getting the ground because of Sainsburys (i.e. selling OUR asset).

You're only getting a new ground due to the very fortunate position of a mega-wealthy benefactor prepared to fund it, not due to any better running of the club or football related income etc. So not really a million miles different really?

Don't forget our Board is made up of a number of multi-millionaires too, obviously not in Lansdowns league but Higgs sold Cowlin for £250m or so (I believe).

And who is to say, with the UWE and the potential that would give to a club in the catchment area the size of Greater Bristol, that we wouldn't become an attractive proposition to a mega-wealthy benefactor of our own in time. Think Reading (taken over by a Russian Oligarch recently), QPR and Southampton as 3 clubs that suddenly found incredible wealth recently! It could happen quite realistically.

Well the previous poster was saying we were only getting the ground because of Sainsburys (i.e. selling OUR asset).

You're only getting a new ground due to the very fortunate position of a mega-wealthy benefactor prepared to fund it, not due to any better running of the club or football related income etc. So not really a million miles different really?

Don't forget our Board is made up of a number of multi-millionaires too, obviously not in Lansdowns league but Higgs sold Cowlin for £250m or so (I believe).

And who is to say, with the UWE and the potential that would give to a club in the catchment area the size of Greater Bristol, that we wouldn't become an attractive proposition to a mega-wealthy benefactor of our own in time. Think Reading (taken over by a Russian Oligarch recently), QPR and Southampton as 3 clubs that suddenly found incredible wealth recently! It could happen quite realistically.

Far too much sun for you today. Deary me.

Not to teams struggling in league two

Not to teams struggling in league two

Anyway, like I've said previously, I think City are unique in having such a rich benefactor and performing so poorly? How many other clubs owned by billionaires have ended up back in L1?

Reading, QPR, Wigan, Fulham, Southampton, QPR, Cardiff, Man City, Chelsea etc etc, all clubs with mega-rich benefactors. Add City to that list. Which is the odd one out?

Neither club are really in a position to brag about wealth and success really are they? To be honest both are a joke in the scheme of things.

And in answer to your comment above, in fact I'd say the Rovers, with a brand new 22k capacity new ground (expandable to 35k if need be), potentially debt-free, in a city the size and potential of Bristol, currently underachieving in L2, would be an excellent investment opportunity for a foreign investor looking for a club to buy relatively cheaply and invest in to build up to success in the English game... I'm being serious. City would be very attractive too - but you already have your mega rich investor, so that's off the menu.

Yeah, so realistic that you've grouped yourselves with such attractive propositions as Southampton, QPR and Reading. Baffling.

Anyway, back on topic.

As I say, your bowl / horeshoe looks nice, a bit identikit, but the Williams is a bit different and does stand it out a little from some other new builds.

I hope it gets approved and we can both have new grounds to look forwards to.

It would be great to have Bristol Derbies in the Championship in the revamped AG and new SGB in 3 or 4 years time, that would be something to look forward to for all fans of Bristol / South Glos football!! ;)

Archived