IGNORED

Ag Planning Application In

Kid in the Riot

Well the previous poster was saying we were only getting the ground because of Sainsburys (i.e. selling OUR asset).

Ah yes. 'Your' asset that was donated to the rugby club for the use of the people of Bristol as a memorial to those who'd lost their lives in the Great War. That's going to become a supermarket...

Your club has declined to consider this as a future option and it is possible that the basic infrastructure of the ground (i.e. the deck gradients, vomitory dimensions and concourse facilities) will make any conversion structurally and/or financially impossible. I tried many times to engage with your guys so that they could make the stadium futureproof, but they didn't want to know.

How very very narrow minded if them, still it will be the best ground ever.

Anyway, back on topic.

As I say, your bowl / horeshoe looks nice, a bit identikit, but the Williams is a bit different and does stand it out a little from some other new builds.

I hope it gets approved and we can both have new grounds to look forwards to.

It would be great to have Bristol Derbies in the Championship in the revamped AG and new SGB in 3 or 4 years time, that would be something to look forward to for all fans of Bristol / South Glos football!! ;)

No it wouldn't be great, I personally never hope you reach the heights of the championship and I hope we never drop down to your level again.

WOW!!! How dull and unimaginative. This looks like something that would have been built in the 90's. It's already outdated before it's been built and it's basically a bowl especially if the Atyeo is developed in time. Very disappointed with this. Without doubt the 'back up' option to Ashton Vale. Whats with the blue erghhhh.

Anyway, like I've said previously, I think City are unique in having such a rich benefactor and performing so poorly? How many other clubs owned by billionaires have ended up back in L1?

Reading, QPR, Wigan, Fulham, Southampton, QPR, Cardiff, Man City, Chelsea etc etc, all clubs with mega-rich benefactors. Add City to that list. Which is the odd one out?

Neither club are really in a position to brag about wealth and success really are they? To be honest both are a joke in the scheme of things.

And in answer to your comment above, in fact I'd say the Rovers, with a brand new 22k capacity new ground (expandable to 35k if need be), potentially debt-free, in a city the size and potential of Bristol, currently underachieving in L2, would be an excellent investment opportunity for a foreign investor looking for a club to buy relatively cheaply and invest in to build up to success in the English game... I'm being serious. City would be very attractive too - but you already have your mega rich investor, so that's off the menu.

Explain again how you'll be debt free after building a new stadium. I thought the Ashton vale maths were suspect but they make yours look like 2 plus 2.

Perhaps your new shed is to be built of cardboard. Cowlin job is it?

Well the previous poster was saying we were only getting the ground because of Sainsburys (i.e. selling OUR asset).

You're only getting a new ground due to the very fortunate position of a mega-wealthy benefactor prepared to fund it, not due to any better running of the club or football related income etc. So not really a million miles different really?

Don't forget our Board is made up of a number of multi-millionaires too, obviously not in Lansdowns league but Higgs sold Cowlin for £250m or so (I believe).

And who is to say, with the UWE and the potential that would give to a club in the catchment area the size of Greater Bristol, that we wouldn't become an attractive proposition to a mega-wealthy benefactor of our own in time. Think Reading (taken over by a Russian Oligarch recently), QPR and Southampton as 3 clubs that suddenly found incredible wealth recently! It could happen quite realistically.

Why are all gas so bitter about Lansdowns wealth, just admit you are jealous go on let it all out you'll feel better for it. Out of interest how many hours a day do you day dream of some oligarch buying you lot, because lets be honest most of the football league laugh at you and with good reason.

Anyway, back on topic.

As I say, your bowl / horeshoe looks nice, a bit identikit, but the Williams is a bit different and does stand it out a little from some other new builds.

It would be great to have Bristol Derbies in the Championship in the revamped AG and new SGB in 3 or 4 years time, that would be something to look forward to for all fans of Bristol / South Glos football!! ;)

I have to agree, it would be great.

Don't forget to post your thought(s?) of the game on here, while you're listening to the radio.

Ah, love it.

I come on, say I like your ground, hope it gets built, and look forward to playing you in the Championship one day.

And in return lots of vitriol to me and the club I happen to support :)

Why can't we all play nicely with each other :-)

come, come - where would the fun be in that ? :drunk2:

Ah, love it.

I come on, say I like your ground, hope it gets built, and look forward to playing you in the Championship one day.

I'll keep asking as your lot seem to lack the brains to ask for themselves.

How will you be debt free after building a new stadium?

Don't you think this is important?

If I'd been shafted as often as you have I'd be asking and loudly

I'll keep asking as your lot seem to lack the brains to ask for themselves.

How will you be debt free after building a new stadium?

Don't you think this is important?

If I'd been shafted as often as you have I'd be asking and loudly

I don't know is the simple answer as no figures gave been quoted for the Sainsburys purchase due to Commercial confidentiality.

We'll know for sure when the first annual accounts are produced after the build.

Higgs has reiterated many times the club will be debt free and that, like Lansdown with City, he wouldn't do anything to jeapordise the future of the club. He's just as much a Rovers fan as Lansdown is a City fan (lifelong Gashead) so in that respect I have to take him at his word ...

(n.b. many people have asked, many times and I've posted the answers Higgs has given on OTIB before...)

I don't know is the simple answer as no figures gave been quoted for the Sainsburys purchase due to Commercial confidentiality.

We'll know for sure when the first annual accounts are produced after the build.

Higgs has reiterated many times the club will be debt free and that, like Lansdown with City, he wouldn't do anything to jeapordise the future of the club. He's just as much a Rovers fan as Lansdown is a City fan (lifelong Gashead) so in that respect I have to take him at his word ...

(n.b. many people have asked, many times and I've posted the answers Higgs has given on OTIB before...)

So you can't confirm Rovers will be debt free but you continue to quote that as fact. That's two areas we've sorted out today: a revamped AG is not a bowl and Rovers will not be debt free when they move into their bowl outside of Bristol.

Ah, love it.

Danny, don't play the victim FFS. You know full well that if you say something vaguely complimentary and follow it up with a little dig (accompanied by winky emoticon) then people will bite at the dig.

It might be hugely entertaining reading for the thick as Sh1t mouth breathers on the Rovers forum but the chances are if you were a City fan posting on the BRFC site the crybaby pussies that moderate it would have banned you by now.

Any less valid than the word of the man who appointed Coppell, Millen & McInnes?

6 badly judged appointments, what is your point????

Plenty, Steve Lansdown has never said we're debt free, so the fact that he's made poor managerial appointments is moot.

You however claim to believe Higgs (if he even said this?)

You don't even watch your own club much so why on earth are you on here so often?

Any less valid than the word of the man who appointed Coppell, Millen & McInnes?

6 badly judged appointments, what is your point????

I think most will agree that the appointments wasn't bad appointments but just the wrong time for those appointments, the timing was just wrong and let's not forget under Millen and then del we suffered major injury problems. It's like we were cursed.

I wouldn't settle for that. Darlington did.

Question it. Constantly. Ignore what others call you.

Ashton vale was the only option apparently. Without it we were shafted. A few of us said no and were vilified for it now we're staying and it'll all be fine.

Just because he claims this that and the other don't believe the hype

Anyway, back on topic.

Seriously, get a life! I realise you have time on your hands (not going to watch games and all) but is your life that empty that you live on here then claim you are not obsessed? Get a hobby for ffs!

Archived