IGNORED

Your Best Moment At Ag?

BRISTOL86

It was in the Anglo Scottish Cup and it was 6.1 as we took the lead, I think we were still in front at half time .

My Favourite goal at Ashton was from Gary Smart having totally outplayed you all game we finally got what we thoroughly deserved in injury time.

Regards Rich Utg

Ha ha, I'm not sure this is a wind up but that was the game that City hammered us for 89 mins until Smarts wonder strike!

Chris Garland going on his hands and knees to head the ball in off the floor in a Gloucester Cup match against the squatters. Think we winning 5-0 and that goal made it 6.

I heard Frankie Prince once say that he would have kicked his head off if he got there in time. One of the most gut wrenching moments I have had watching Rovers. I still hate Chris Garland.

I heard Frankie Prince once say that he would have kicked his head off if he got there in time. One of the most gut wrenching moments I have had watching Rovers. I still hate Chris Garland.

Thank you - that post makes a cherished historic moment absolutely perfect :)

Rovers? Diving header? Late on, maybe 5 mins to go? That and Micky Bell scoring 2 free kicks at the Atyeo end against I think Plymouth (maybe)

Tap in, wasn't it? Think Super Bob may have launched himself at a header that was saved and Louie tapped it in

Think you'll find it was the 89th minute too.....after H*lloway missed a pen in front of the EE

The red & white night was pretty good, beating rovers 3-2

I've also got a fond memory of Peacock scoring a volley late on against Peterborough in the 03-04 season, think we overturned a 1-0

Beating Notts Co. in the 1996/7 season (may have been 95/6) 4-0; Goater got a hat trick and Agostino got 1 by half time

Beating Cambridge 6-2, Lionel Perez handling outside the area, Beadle and Tinion taking a perfect indirect freekick (edit: even though it wasn't an indirect free-kick worthy offence)

Rodney Jack breaking the score board for months whilst at Rushden & Diamonds

5.3.91 - Donowa

Close the thread now, I win

This.

Stood on the park end with some mates from school next to the scum rovers fans who chanted "where's your chairman gone" during the minutes silence for des Williams. This was countered by the loudest rendition of "you're just a bunch of *******" I have ever heard.

Missed penalty by skeletor and it seems destined to end in in a 0-0 draw. Then my mate turns to me and says "come on, we need something to give the gas eads shit about on school tomorrow" with that Louie does his thing!

Great day at school the following day - living in thornbury there was a real mix of city and gas.

Happy memories.

This.

Stood on the park end with some mates from school next to the scum rovers fans who chanted "where's your chairman gone" during the minutes silence for des Williams. This was countered by the loudest rendition of "you're just a bunch of *******" I have ever heard.

Missed penalty by skeletor and it seems destined to end in in a 0-0 draw. Then my mate turns to me and says "come on, we need something to give the gas eads shit about on school tomorrow" with that Louie does his thing!

Great day at school the following day - living in thornbury there was a real mix of city and gas.

Happy memories.

I also like the fact that three and half sides of the ground were singing "one-nil, one-nil...etc" to the gash whilst we were all pointing our fingers at them.

This.

Happy memories.

I feel you are doing Andy Leaning a disservice with that statement, great save surely?

Tap in, wasn't it? Think Super Bob may have launched himself at a header that was saved and Louie tapped it in

Think you'll find it was the 89th minute too.....after H*lloway missed a pen in front of the EE

Could have been. I was 10 so memory could be a bit cloudy. I remember it being very very late in the game. The east end was packed. I was sat in my usual place of the hand rail behind one of the pillars and got squashed by a load of drunks. Amazing times!

Could have been. I was 10 so memory could be a bit cloudy. I remember it being very very late in the game. The east end was packed. I was sat in my usual place of the hand rail behind one of the pillars and got squashed by a load of drunks. Amazing times!

And you don't post interminably about the trauma - amazing ;)

Junior Bent beating three men then falling over the ball.

In which game.....happened on more than one occasion!

Remember him bursting through late on at Swindon....in the clear, only the goalie to beat......everyone expecting it to go 20 foot over the bar.....BOOM - get in there Junior my son!

boom booms over head kick. Stunned silence,screams of joy, uncontrolable laughter!

If I remember correctly, and I don't wish to dampen your memories, but isn't overhead kick doing boom-boom some considerable generosity?

I recall it more as a scrambled lanky overhead hook in!

I remember it fondly too! Am I right in thinking we won 2-1?

Archived