IGNORED

Rosenior

StapleHillPhil

3 or 4 days negotiations with the Torquay Chairman whilst at the same time agreeing a compensation package with DW.

I am 100% certain he is contact with City and therefore he is the only viable candidate I can think of.

Lets hope not.

I sincerely hope your're right.

Leroy is the man - providing he's not carrying any baggage from his previous involvement at City.

He's highly rated and I for one would love to see him in charge at City.He would be my number one choice.

3 or 4 days negotiations with the Torquay Chairman whilst at the same time agreeing a compensation package with DW.

I am 100% certain he is contact with City and therefore he is the only viable candidate I can think of.

Can I add that I know for certain that he is in contact with members of the BCFC staff. What I dont know is if that includes Steve Lansdown.

Guest tufc1

Hi there, I'm a torquay fan and I'm genuinly surprised with people saying the Leroy thing is a definate. You guys would have to pay one year of his contract as compensation and i'm led to believe that you have no money. For the record Leroy hasn't been in conversation with any clubs about managment though he has been looking at players for our push in the second division, that doesn't sound like a man who's known to be leaving does it?

what not 25k, cmon sort it out mate, leroy(if offered) would snap the job up, even when he was coach, people would sing his name, anyway I'm not sure who i want, leroy or taylor oh anyone apart from roeder, defo not sure about him

Guest tufc1
what not 25k, cmon sort it out mate, leroy(if offered) would snap the job up, even when he was coach, people would sing his name, anyway I'm not sure who i want, leroy or taylor oh anyone apart from roeder, defo not sure about him
He is earning a little more that £500 per week!! I wouldn't be so cocky as to suggest he would jump at the opertunity of a club who kicked him out, hates his son and with very fickle fans!!

Hi there, I'm a torquay fan and I'm genuinly surprised with people saying the Leroy thing is a definate. You guys would have to pay one year of his contract as compensation and i'm led to believe that you have no money. For the record Leroy hasn't been in conversation with any clubs about managment though he has been looking at players for our push in the second division, that doesn't sound like a man who's known to be leaving does it?
I have a direct link to Leroy through Torbay Schools FA and know that he retains close links with BCFC staff. This may be on a purely personal basis but surely you can understand why he'd be one of the bookies favourites.

No offence meant but surely you can understand why BCFC with its Academy is a more attractive prospect than being stuck with Mike Bateson and 4,000 fans.

Guest tufc1
No offence meant but surely you can understand why BCFC with its Academy is a more attractive prospect than being stuck with Mike Bateson and 4,000 fans.
Maybe you don't know Leroy that well then do you because I can tell you that he and Mike have a fantastic profesional relationship.

Why is Bristol City a more attractive prospect than Torquay? There is more to life than money and good facilities!

oh and its 3000 not 4000!!!!!

Guest B Blockhead

Just had a text from a mate who's a Plymouth fan. He said that he heard a rumour on Wednesday that we were lining Leroy up.

Guest tufc1
Just had a text from a mate who's a Plymouth fan. He said that he heard a rumour on Wednesday that we were lining Leroy up.
What evidence does he have to back this up? Or is it just typical Janner verbal diahoria?

Maybe you don't know Leroy that well then do you because I can tell you that he and Mike have a fantastic profesional relationship.

Why is Bristol City a more attractive prospect than Torquay? There is more to life than money and good facilities!

oh and its 3000 not 4000!!!!!

I can only say what I know as fact. My Brother goes to TUFC regularly with the Torbay Schools FA and has a good relationship with Leroy Rosenior and the former youth coach Frank Prince. Leroy does retain a close relationship with numerous staff of BCFC and speaks at length about his wish for them to return to Div1.

If Leroy is as ambitious as it appears then BCFC would be the natural stepping stone onto greater things.

Guest B Blockhead
What evidence does he have to back this up? Or is it just typical Janner verbal diahoria?
No particular evidence - like I said it was just a rumour.

He has been in Devon all week though.

Can't think of any particular reason why he would have made it up? Wilson had not been sacked at the time. If he'd wanted to piss me off he would have said that someone crap was being lined up!

What is it they say, "no smoke without fire"?!!

Guest tufc1
I can only say what I know as fact. My Brother goes to TUFC regularly with the Torbay Schools FA and has a good relationship with Leroy Rosenior and the former youth coach Frank Prince. Leroy does retain a close relationship with numerous staff of BCFC and speaks at length about his wish for them to return to Div1.

If Leroy is as ambitious as it appears then BCFC would be the natural stepping stone onto greater things.

I have no doubt that Leroy does wish City well, He had great success there as a player (tarnished maybe with his departure). Everybody keeps in touch with people they have worked with in the past, why would this link someone to a return to previous haunts?

As for the ambition thing, I'm not sure thatBCFC is the most ambitious step within his grasp. We've had rumours flying around about division one clubs showing interest in him before, facts being exactly that torquay and city are both division two clubs, admittedly there is a gulf in expectations, budgets etc but not so much in stature. If leroy went to you and took you up it would be a case of "oh he was expected to do that" if he failed, that would be it, he would be out on his ear and his aim of being the first black english premiership manager would be nothing but a distant pipe dream. If he takes torquay to the second division play offs, against public expectation this would be seen as an astronomical achievement and the big jobs would come knocking.

Just as a matter of interest you may be keen to know that leroy is a manchester united "supporter"!!!

Guest tufc1
No particular evidence - like I said it was just a rumour.

He has been in Cornwall all week though.

Can't think of any particular reason why he would have made it up? Wilson had not been sacked at the time. If he'd wanted to piss me off he would have said that someone crap was being lined up!

What is it they say, "no smoke without fire"?!!

Seriously mate, don't listen to rumour when united are involved! Rumour bands around devon like wild fire because there is little better to do down there!

I have no doubt that Leroy does wish City well, He had great success there as a player (tarnished maybe with his departure). Everybody keeps in touch with people they have worked with in the past, why would this link someone to a return to previous haunts?

As for the ambition thing, I'm not sure thatBCFC is the most ambitious step within his grasp. We've had rumours flying around about division one clubs showing interest in him before, facts being exactly that torquay and city are both division two clubs, admittedly there is a gulf in expectations, budgets etc but not so much in stature. If leroy went to you and took you up it would be a case of "oh he was expected to do that" if he failed, that would be it, he would be out on his ear and his aim of being the first black english premiership manager would be nothing but a distant pipe dream. If he takes torquay to the second division play offs, against public expectation this would be seen as an astronomical achievement and the big jobs would come knocking.

Just as a matter of interest you may be keen to know that leroy is a manchester united "supporter"!!!

If I go into the whole "we're bigger than you" debate i'll end up looking childish. All i'll add is that the first score Leroy looks for is the City one and he rings people at BCFC as soon as he can after the game. I dont know who they are or why he calls them.

PS - You have a superstar on your books in one of the Bond Brothers. He's approx 13 at the moment and is widely regarded as the best player ever to come from Torbay.

Guest tufc1
If I go into the whole "we're bigger than you" debate i'll end up looking childish. All i'll add is that the first score Leroy looks for is the City one and he rings people at BCFC as soon as he can after the game. I dont know who they are or why he calls them.

PS - You have a superstar on your books in one of the Bond Brothers. He's approx 13 at the moment and is widely regarded as the best player ever to come from Torbay.

No I'm not going to get involved in the small club big heart debate either, facts are facts when I grew up in somerset City were a division one club, the stadium you have and the ambition of your fans is something that we can only dream of!

I couldn't comment on the telephone call issue but I can tell you he bought Russell Osman down to help out with coaching the season before last and they are rumoured to be good friends. Though I understand he isn't part of your clubs set up.

The Bond you are talking about could be Clay, he has been on trial with Argoyle, southampton and Chelsea he will be signing for one of them soon and we will get some compensation in due course, his brother Kain is with us on a short term deal

The Bond you are talking about could be Clay, he has been on trial with Argoyle, southampton and Chelsea he will be signing for one of them soon and we will get some compensation in due course, his brother Kain is with us on a short term deal
Yes it is Clay. Compared to Kane at the same age there is simply no comparison. My Brother has been involved in Torquay football for 15 years and is simply stunned by what this kid can do.

Do you really think that if BCFC rang Mike Bateson he'd say no?

Guest tufc1
Do you really think that if BCFC rang Mike Bateson he'd say no?
Depends what you're refering to! As far as I'm aware where non playing staff are concerned you don't need to go through the chairman in the same way as you do for the players.

How about Steve Cotterill, did a great job with cheltenham, possably more impressive than Leroy!

Archived