IGNORED

Will You Be Happy.....

Son of Fred

A dour 1-0 win would do but like everyone else I'd love to see a top performance with a comfortable margin of victory.

I don't do friendlies so haven't seen anything of the new players yet and am really looking forward to this afternoon.

Agree with this.

I'd take any way we can get 3 points, and will say the same for the other 45 matches.

Yes, I want to be entertained and enthralled at AG but frankly if it's that, or a guaranteed 3 points and a dour game, I'd take the latter!

As RR said, I haven't been to any of the friendlies, so this is my first chance to see the majority of our squad now! This year is my first time back at AG as a season ticket holder since 08/09 due to my professional studies, so I am absolutely buzzing, feel like a kid at Christmas!

if City grind three points out of today with a dour characterless display-or are you really looking for more than that now???

Football is a results business.It's a tired old cliche but it's true, bad results get managers the sack.

I'm always happy to take any kind of win, and it's better when it's acheived through good play and hard work, but a win is a win.

Winning breeds confidence amongst the players and that confidence will, in turn, give them the freedom to play nice football. The main thing I'm looking for today is effort and commitment to the cause. I don't want to walk away feeling let down on that front, like I have on so many occasions over the last year or so.

Put it in boys, and you'll get something out.

SOD noted that points are what is needed over performance to I feel he will go all out to get those points. They do work hand in hand however so I think well see a classy performance that leads to a victory and capped with a clean sheet hopefully

He didnt seem too bothered about points last season when we needed them and was more worried about the performance.

I wonder if he will look at the league table this season?

I'd take any way we can get 3 points, and will say the same for the other 45 matches.

This year is my first time back at AG as a season ticket holder since 08/09

Sounds like you haven't sat through too many of the terrible home performances over the last 2/3 years.

If you had you'd require more than just dour football from your visits to AG this season.

SO'D has a reputation for getting his team playing good football but he has to balance this with getting results of course.

A win on the first day is so important for setting up the season that I'd take any sort of win today, but I won't accept dour for football for all 23 home games - as the season progresses I expect to be able to look forward to entertainment at AG as the norm., not a very rare bonus.

He didnt seem too bothered about points last season when we needed them and was more worried about the performance.

I wonder if he will look at the league table this season?

Whooooossssh & the point continues to get missed completely yet again. Dumbfounds me that people still can't grasp this concept. So much so I can't even be arsed to explain it again.

Sounds like you haven't sat through too many of the terrible home performances over the last 2/3 years.

If you had you'd require more than just dour football from your visits to AG this season.

SO'D has a reputation for getting his team playing good football but he has to balance this with getting results of course.

A win on the first day is so important for setting up the season that I'd take any sort of win today, but I won't accept dour for football for all 23 home games - as the season progresses I expect to be able to look forward to entertainment at AG as the norm., not a very rare bonus.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

We need to get a result ASAP to get rid of the cobwebs, lose this "losing" mentality we've had and get us going pronto. however I really want to see an improvement in the standard of football this season. This club cannot keep producing drab footy and expect the City fans to turn up week in week out.

Made it down on a few occasions when I hadn't been studying, have seen us playing under Millen and McInnes. Most recent games attended were Forest and Sheff W at home last season, believe me I've sat through plenty of dire performances! :laugh:

Dour football is OK when you come away with three points, and if we did it 30 times in a season we'd all be happy with the end result, maybe not the way we got there but the end of season points tally is ultimately the most important thing.

But I'm hopeful under SOD we can play attractive football and pick up the points. Agree with you on the importance of the opening game.

Made it down on a few occasions when I hadn't been studying, have seen us playing under Millen and McInnes. Most recent games attended were Forest and Sheff W at home last season, believe me I've sat through plenty of dire performances! :laugh:

Dour football is OK when you come away with three points, and if we did it 30 times in a season we'd all be happy with the end result, maybe not the way we got there but the end of season points tally is ultimately the most important thing.

But I'm hopeful under SOD we can play attractive football and pick up the points. Agree with you on the importance of the opening game.

Under Johnson, Millen and McInnes we've witnessed some UTTERLY dreadful football, up there with the Pulis/Osman years.

From a footballing point of view, hated the championship as we were never good enough to 'play football' and we were all about results.

SoD is a breath of fresh air, his style has generated success as Bournemouth, Donny and Forest, no reason to believe he won't have same effect here.

Under Johnson, Millen and McInnes we've witnessed some UTTERLY dreadful football, up there with the Pulis/Osman years.

From a footballing point of view, hated the championship as we were never good enough to 'play football' and we were all about results.

SoD is a breath of fresh air, his style has generated success as Bournemouth, Donny and Forest, no reason to believe he won't have same effect here.

To be fair, 07/08 and 08/09 were both enjoyable seasons, I think we'd all have taken 4th and 10th after promotion!! We played some lovely football in 07/08! But when the honeymoon was over things went pear shaped very quickly, and there's nothing much to be remembered fondly since - on and off the field..

But yes, I totally agree with SOD's philosophies, I think we are VERY lucky to have him at this level frankly. I can't remember the last time I felt so positive about things without having seen a ball kicked! I just PRAY that if things don't immediately come off, we give him the backing from the stands that we are not exactly renowned for.

SOD's talked at length about the importance of the players "buying in" to the way we want to do things, but the fans doing the same is crucial.

To be fair, 07/08 and 08/09 were both enjoyable seasons, I think we'd all have taken 4th and 10th after promotion!! We played some lovely football in 07/08! But when the honeymoon was over things went pear shaped very quickly, and there's nothing much to be remembered fondly since - on and off the field..

But yes, I totally agree with SOD's philosophies, I think we are VERY lucky to have him at this level frankly. I can't remember the last time I felt so positive about things without having seen a ball kicked! I just PRAY that if things don't immediately come off, we give him the backing from the stands that we are not exactly renowned for.

SOD's talked at length about the importance of the players "buying in" to the way we want to do things, but the fans doing the same is crucial.

'Enjoyable seasons' end result maybe, but again from a football point of view terrible, nick a goal and then defend for your life's for a hour plus, generally contending late winners or equalisers.

Negative tactics and football for me, which summed up the Johnson era, it worked for a while but when we got Sussed out GJ couldn't change it around.

SoD most positive I've been in a while

I'd be happy with a draw. Aslong as the performance was there and the lads gave their all!

Yep, totally agree with that, as long as we can see sign of improvement and heading in right direction, it's going to take time, let's all be patient and give S O D time, think he deserves that, after all can't be any worst than last few seasons can it?

3 points are 3 points no-one will look back at the end of the season and give to ****s how we got them if we go up.

This season isn't about going up though - very few expect immediate promotion - it's about replacing last seasons' often detested failing squad and repairing the damage of the last few abominable seasons - culminating in ignominious relegation - that have caused so many fans to lose their love for the club completely.

Going to AG has to become an enjoyable experience for BCFC fans again and entertaining football, and goals, are vital to that objective.

'Enjoyable seasons' end result maybe, but again from a football point of view terrible, nick a goal and then defend for your life's for a hour plus, generally contending late winners or equalisers.

Negative tactics and football for me, which summed up the Johnson era, it worked for a while but when we got Sussed out GJ couldn't change it around.

SoD most positive I've been in a while

Surely you must have enjoyed large chunks of 07/08 football wise? Dominating home performances against Saints, Sheff Utd, Ipswich and more, Basso's theatrics, Boom Boom's bicycle kick to win against Hull and some classy away performances too!

It was normally us nicking things late that season, WBA and Naaaarwich at home spring to mind!

Shame about the dreadful performances at the end of the season, notably Stoke and Saints away

This season isn't about going up though - very few expect immediate promotion - it's about replacing last seasons' often detested failing squad and repairing the damage of the last few abominable seasons - culminating in ignominious relegation - that have caused so many fans to lose their love for the club completely.

Going to AG has to become an enjoyable experience for BCFC fans again and entertaining football, and goals, are vital to that objective.

Don't disagree with you but 3 points are 3 points we aren't going to be playing amazing every week and winning the sign of a good team is picking up 3 points even when you play badly.

Archived