IGNORED

Don't Underestimate That Result

We all know that a team on the up will carry momentum, and teams after relegation also have baggage. Added to that our new, young squad, still learning to play together, compared to Bradford with a much unchanged side who are League Cup Runners Up. We could have won, but 2-2 is a decent result. Bring on Gillingham

I think the most disappointing thing was how we were in compete control up until their gimme goal....coUld of been a comfortable win rather than Bradford looking the better side.

We seemed to have a good spell of pressure after the first goal and a real shame we couldn't capitalise on that. I thought our second was against the run of play. Draw seemed a fair result in the end.

Some flashes of promising play from City but far too many aimless lumps up the pitch from Fontaine in particular. No point playing that way with a 5'7'' striker up against two grown up center backs.

Should have won the game, two gifted goal gave Bradford the point despite no playing well. That has to be a good sign.

Some flashes of promising play from City but far too many aimless lumps up the pitch from Fontaine in particular. No point playing that way with a 5'7'' striker up against two grown up center backs.

Should have won the game, two gifted goal gave Bradford the point despite no playing well. That has to be a good sign.

Yep agree with pretty much all of that. SOD said in his programme notes about the new style of play being a total change for some players from how they want to play, and clearly Fonts is still in the hangover period!

the sooner Fontaine and Kilkenny are out of the side the better. Fonts was pretty crap again today. Pack looked so much better than Killa.

Hang on, I thought Kilkenny didn't have too bad a game. He ran a lot and passed well and it seemed that he will be quite capable at this level. I thought he played well - certainly wasn't the worst player today. I thought Fontaine was still nervous defending and was a little painful to watch during the game but it wasn't just him who struggled today. Hopefully his confidence will return as he and the back 5 (including keeper) get to know each other. I thought Cunningham and Maloney didn't have great games either. Flint was the outstanding defender and showed he's someone we've missed over the last few seasons.

Overall though, there was definitely some good spells throughout the game, but unfortunately moments when we seemed to loose shape and switch off a bit - probably down to fitness and gelling as a team.

Definitely looking forward to the rest of the season.

Hang on, I thought Kilkenny didn't have too bad a game. He ran a lot and passed well and it seemed that he will be quite capable at this level. I thought he played well - certainly wasn't the worst player today. I thought Fontaine was still nervous defending and was a little painful to watch during the game but it wasn't just him who struggled today. Hopefully his confidence will return as he and the back 5 (including keeper) get to know each other. I thought Cunningham and Maloney didn't have great games either. Flint was the outstanding defender and showed he's someone we've missed over the last few seasons.

Overall though, there was definitely some good spells throughout the game, but unfortunately moments when we seemed to loose shape and switch off a bit - probably down to fitness and gelling as a team.

Definitely looking forward to the rest of the season.

aye, Killa weren't the worst but Pack showed so much more in his brief appearance and will offer more imo

Agreed. Funny isn't it, no one could have predicted that of all the new signings it would have been Fielding to have the howler of a game.

Pack made an immediate impact as soon as he came on. I can't think of a pass he made which wasn't inch perfect. Easily capable stepping up to this level.

the sooner Fontaine and Kilkenny are out of the side the better. Fonts was pretty crap again today. Pack looked so much better than Killa.

Pack played two nice cross field balls, Kilkenny also played some nice stuff. I think your being overly critical or our Neil saying that Pack was that much better.

Agree about Fontaine ............Killkenny average.

SOD must see in Fonts some thing you dont though JT Im amazed you would question that :cool:

General play I thought Fonts was ok, like the rest of the team he looked a little nervous after their goals for 5 mins.

As for his distribution he knocked just as many long as Flint did. Obviously he is stil the scapegoat so I'll let you get on with the bashing

I don't think that will ever change unfortunately. I guess this season is the perfect opportunity for Fontaine to show what he is really capable of. I cant think of a better way to change fans views.

General play I thought Fonts was ok, like the rest of the team he looked a little nervous after their goals for 5 mins.

As for his distribution he knocked just as many long as Flint did. Obviously he is stil the scapegoat so I'll let you get on with the bashing

Fonts hoofed whenever he had the ball, Flint hoofed when under pressure and the NEED to clear was there, that's the difference.

completely agree with all of this thought all the back 5 were a shambles flint won a few headers ok but could of cost us a couple times by just being lazy on the ball an got closed down when he really shouldn't have!

I thought Killa was a lot better today but still doesn't do anywhere near enough for me.

Have to agree JT they both need to go. We can't just keep giving them chances.

I thought Killa was a lot better today but still doesn't do anywhere near enough for me.

Have to agree JT they both need to go. We can't just keep giving them chances.

Like I said, Killa wasn't bad, It's just Pack came on and completely outshone him within a few minutes. Wynter too looked a much more impressive player than Killa.

Fonts is a clown, nothing else needs adding.

I think you might find the manager/head coach may beg to differ (much like the last 2 managers) especially with Killkenny.

To be honest, if Fontaine continues to make mistakes and SOD continues to pick him, you would have to question his managerial judgement, just like McInnes before him. Fontaine was instrumental in our demise last season and we simply cannot afford to let his bad performances cost us again. It's too early to say at the moment tho - he could go on to have a great season.

Like I said, Killa wasn't bad, It's just Pack came on and completely outshone him within a few minutes. Wynter too looked a much more impressive player than Killa.

Fonts is a clown, nothing else needs adding.

I think Pack just made it even more apparent. Spraying balls off early, one touch moving the ball quickly and just adding so much more energy and spark in there. Killa just isn't up to it.

As for Fonts he just looks shot to bits. Liability I'm afraid and needs to go. I know it's early days, and I was prepared to give him a chance but we just can't carry him anymore.

I don't think that will ever change unfortunately. I guess this season is the perfect opportunity for Fontaine to show what he is really capable of. I cant think of a better way to change fans views.

Sadly I don't think it will. He was doomed whatever he did today & will always get the blame for some.& the rest of the sheep will follow. Sad that there always has to be a scapegoat.

Archived