IGNORED

The Frank Fielding Howler

hippy273

What I don't understand and I'm not a fonts basher is why when Hanson had control of the ball and was looking up for a Bradford player to pick out (the only one close was wells), Fontaine ran back to the goal!?

If he had just marked wells he would of cleared the cross by Hanson with ease...

I am a Fonts basher admittedly but I don't think it was an awful decision, just one of a few places he could reasonably placed himself. The way it played out he would have been better closing the cross, but equally had the winger rounded Flint the goal was wide open. I don't think it was the wrong decision, just one of the few options he had, neither of them being necessarily right or wrong.

He was absolutely fuming, but you cannot blame him at all. He was the defence 9/10th's of the game.

Absolutely. I thought Flint gave a captain's performance yesterday without the armband! He was individually superb and pulled the strings in defence, cajoling, organising etc.

Interestingly he lost his place at Derby to Legdzins after a red card for a professional foul, which I think was the second time he's been sent off.

Clearly we signed this guy to be our first choice but I do worry about his lack of height and he needs to improve his decision making.

I thought he lost it after injury, Nigel Clough still rated him even now.

I thought he lost it after injury, Nigel Clough still rated him even now.

He was sent off in his last appearance for Derby, a 3-1 win over Peterboro'.

I was pleased when we signed him but if Clough "rated him" he wouldn't have signed Lee Grant, would he?

He was sent off in his last appearance for Derby, a 3-1 win over Peterboro'.

I was pleased when we signed him but if Clough "rated him" he wouldn't have signed Lee Grant, would he?

Seemed a bit of a waste of time urging him to work hard to get back in the side towards the end of last season for them in that case.

Bad error - probably costed us 2 points - but it was one game, his first game at home for his new club. That, plus a burning desire to do well meant a rush of blood to the head. Now we must look to the next few games. If he is as good as we think he could be, and shows that by keeping us in games throughout the season then I can easily forgive a - hopefully - rare howler.

He did come out a few times - when it works fine, but he seemed to have a rush of blood tot he head and instead of getting back in goal decided to chase the winger, who must have thought it was this is going to be my easiest assist in my career.

i thought him & fontaine looked the weak links, impressed with the other signings tho. think we still need a goal poacher tho/ with uncle albert leaving soon, should have money in bank as long as spent wisely. very impresed with the guy from cheltenham when he came on/ looks pure quality.

I still can't get my head around why he decided to try and take on the winger from miles out. I hope this is just a one off for him, but it was extremely poor play that may have cost us the 3 points. Aden Flint was still on the 6 yard line.

Has to be a one off..

came from Derby with the word from their fans was that he's a good shot stopper but not always a great decision maker re;when to,when not to leave his line..made a couple of classic howlers for them apparently.will I'm sure be something that will be worked on and probably a reason he was no longer no1 at Derby in the end.think he has the makings though and seems a good bloke..

Archived