IGNORED

The Frank Fielding Howler

hippy273

Surely he cant be blamed for the 2nd. Yes,the 1st was a massive error and he will be the first to admit it but give the guy a chance we cant possibly judge him on just 1 game !

Always have players on the posts from corners. Would of been cleared easily. Not his fault for the second goal.

I'll tell you what, why don't we just destroy our number 1 goalkeepers confidence even more you ******* imbeciles, what's ******* wrong with you on here

Do you suggest he derives all his confidence from reading Otib?

He had a 'mare, undeniably, but if your OTT response is a request not to judge him on one performance then I'll agree with you.

I'll tell you what, why don't we just destroy our number 1 goalkeepers confidence even more you ******* imbeciles, what's ******* wrong with you on here

Did you go to the match? We are all discussing the howler, that's the point of this site.

Did you go to the match? We are all discussing the howler, that's the point of this site.[/quo

Yes I did thank you just not happy with the shit our new keepers getting... Bizarre decision yes but we've seen worse with basso, give the lad a ******* break. I swear some of you on here have no life's to go home too?

had a shocking debut but hes a top keeper and i for one am sure he will come good

Definitely. A very poor decision today which visibly knocked his confidence. Needs to put it behind him and move on to the next now, can't be changed.

He's a top keeper and will save us more points than he costs this season I'm sure.

You make a good point. If our back 4 were not so hopelessly out of position then Frank would not have had to make such a poor decision.

Flint was in the area, which is part of the reason as to why he made such a poor error, he failed to clear the ball from the striker that scored. I'm not going to judge Fielding on his whole season now certainly not. I do however feel it was his poor judgement that cost us the 3 points today for sure. It's not a convincing debut at all and something that SOD needs to bring to attention.

I still can't get my head around why he decided to try and take on the winger from miles out. I hope this is just a one off for him, but it was extremely poor play that may have cost us the 3 points. Aden Flint was still on the 6 yard line.

Has to be a one off..

Was it because no defenders were anywhere near the winger? IF Fielding had won the ball and cleared it to a team mate, we'd all be singing his praises.

Was it because no defenders were anywhere near the winger? IF Fielding had won the ball and cleared it to a team mate, we'd all be singing his praises.

But he didn't, he wasn't close to it yes fair enough, bad decision. You can't condone his choice to carry on chasing him out to the wing. He had his chance to get back to goal. If he had chosen this, then maybe flint could have left the goal line to cut out wells.

Its all if's mate. But if's have no place in a argument when it didn't happen. It was just rank poor decision making twice in one move.

Lets hope he doesn't let it effect him.

Initially when he ran to the corner of the box yes, I think it was probably the right move/decision - but why did he then when players were getting back chase him to the corner flag ? He should have started back to goal at that point.... oh well - doubt we will see him make the same mistake again, as they say - shit happens.... just a shame as I still feel for all of Bradford's running they were unable to produce much in the way of goal threats outside of what we gifted them... they were what I would call a team of Grafters...

Interestingly he lost his place at Derby to Legdzins after a red card for a professional foul, which I think was the second time he's been sent off.

Clearly we signed this guy to be our first choice but I do worry about his lack of height and he needs to improve his decision making.

Just watched it on bbc1, and couldn't fail to notice the rollicking dished out by flint, to fielding!

Probably shot his fragile confidence to bits, then!

On the subject of the defence, we didn't deal with their set piece balls whipped in to the near post area at all, their second goal, and the first half when they hit the post. Not too much learning going on there!

Archived