IGNORED

Referee

IdliketoRogerMoore

simpsons-mob-torches.jpg

In the face of this ^

No, I wont answer the question.

I was making a point in general. But as seen as it's all about bravado and who is the biggest bestest baddest fan on here. I shall bow out because, frankly, it's not worth the hassle of making a sentient point about refs in general when every one wants BLOOOOOOOOOOD! (spot the sarcasm!)

Have you ever slated a player? They're also just human.

I'd agree with you, refs are human and prone to mistakes, however, this guy had no idea what he was doing.

It's not a question of mistakes, the guy was consistently ignoring the rule book throughout the game.

AKA he was ******* pants.

The ref is now presumably on IIkley Moor Baht 'At with all his Yorkshire mates - the blind, incompetent cloaca*.

I can take lower league refs missing corners and awarding spurious free-kicks, but the lack of protection our players got was a disgrace.

When Cunningham was pole-axed off the ball it was only the lino's flag alerted him to the situation and he didn't even talk to the culprit.

* look it up if you don't know it....

It's one of the downsides to going down you aint gonna get many decent ref's at this level I thought he was really poor I don't think he booked anyone today at least two of their players deserved a yellow that foul on Wagstaff 100% did near the end.

simpsons-mob-torches.jpg

In the face of this ^

No, I wont answer the question.

I was making a point in general. But as seen as it's all about bravado and who is the biggest bestest baddest fan on here. I shall bow out because, frankly, it's not worth the hassle of making a sentient point about refs in general when every one wants BLOOOOOOOOOOD! (spot the sarcasm!)

You were saying people were wrong to complain about a referee when you didn't even know anything about the way he performed.

Yes sometimes people blame the ref unnecessarily, but in this case, everyone was spot on with their assessment, he was dire.

So why tell people they are wrong to point it out when you weren't even there?

I've seen better refs at non league level, he was diabolical, how he didn't see the handball in the build up to their first goal is ridiculous and the late tackle on wynter was shocking

Totally with you on this. Not even a yellow card.

Get used to it lads!! This is the standard of refereeing that you will see in about 40 of your 46 games. You get the feeling that they are biased but the truth is they are just shocking and it will be worse when you re away from Ashton Gate. I would say that 80% of them will favour the home side when giving decisions but they are very poor and what in my opinion causes this is because they will rarely referee televise games and therefore will only be under the scrutiny of supporters who are at the game.

Jesus! The way you set of girls are going on you'd think we'd come down and beaten 10 bags of s***t out of you! Like everything there are 2 sides to a tale and certain times we thought we'd been hard done by the officials too. I thought he was pretty decent ref who let the game flow well and stopped when it needed, but then again we've had lg 2 refs for the last 5 years( you want to see what they're like!) Admittedly it was handball before we scored but to be fair to the ref it was the lino who was stood right in front of it and should have spotted it.

No, again, point missed. This thread comes up all the time irrespective of whether the ref was good bad or indifferent. It is usually linked to whether, we were robbed or didnt get whatever result that fans wanted especially at home. Anti ref threads/posts go hand in hand with pretty much every match day thread and have done for the past season or so.

I was trying to open the debate a bit because, it's so depressingly familiar that each and every game, pretty much, ( some examples that I could be bothered to find, there will be more, and yes, these are from last season. I know right how terrible! http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/152911-todays-ref/,http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/152204-ref-today/, and so on) people moan about the ref either in match day threads or in their own separate ones.

Of course the standard response is like some 'nam' thing where you werent there you didnt know, completely again missing the point and trying to 'prove' (to whom, god only knows) that everyone is a better 'super fan than each other. The ripping to shreds of Cheese with a legitimate concern is another example, when there is no need for it. It's a forum to discuss, not see who is the biggest and best fan and thus has the most important opinion.

Some times this place cannot, or refuses to see the wood from the trees, as it's easier to pour scorn or blame someone, anyone else, for shortcomings or not achieving the desired result. Faff all to do with whether yesterday's ref was poor or not. However, discussing something like that seems to be a step beyond people who would rather moan and moan and point out short comings of refs, in general

It's nothing to do with people being "superfans". Yesterday was my first season ticket match in 5 years for various reasons so I'm certainly not playing that card.

It just makes me laugh that you can basically tell people they're using the ref as an excuse for the performance when people are absolutely spot on to be slating his performance, it was possibly one of the worse I've seen in the last decade or so.

I know people will always get on a refs back when the result doesn't go our way - and it all becomes a bit "the boy who cried ref" - but this wasn't "finding an excuse" for not winning, this was people bemoaning one of the worst "professional" ref performances I've ever witnessed!

No, again, point missed. This thread comes up all the time irrespective of whether the ref was good bad or indifferent. It is usually linked to whether, we were robbed or didnt get whatever result that fans wanted especially at home. Anti ref threads/posts go hand in hand with pretty much every match day thread and have done for the past season or so.

I was trying to open the debate a bit because, it's so depressingly familiar that each and every game, pretty much, ( some examples that I could be bothered to find, there will be more, and yes, these are from last season. I know right how terrible! http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/152911-todays-ref/,http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/152204-ref-today/, and so on) people moan about the ref either in match day threads or in their own separate ones.

Of course the standard response is like some 'nam' thing where you werent there you didnt know, completely again missing the point and trying to 'prove' (to whom, god only knows) that everyone is a better 'super fan than each other. The ripping to shreds of Cheese with a legitimate concern is another example, when there is no need for it. It's a forum to discuss, not see who is the biggest and best fan and thus has the most important opinion.

Some times this place cannot, or refuses to see the wood from the trees, as it's easier to pour scorn or blame someone, anyone else, for shortcomings or not achieving the desired result. Faff all to do with whether yesterday's ref was poor or not. However, discussing something like that seems to be a step beyond people who would rather moan and moan and point out short comings of refs, in general

in general, Ralph, you make a good point. In this instance though if you had been to the game you would also have said he was crap.

unfortunately as a fairly 'blind' post, being that you're an exile and all, this was horrendously timed as he genuinely was awful. Im trying to provide a level headed and fact based opinion so you can see past your convictions that we blame refs too much and accept that whilst you raise a worthy point generally, you're completely wrong to make it on the back of that game.

in general, Ralph, you make a good point. In this instance though if you had been to the game you would also have said he was crap.

unfortunately as a fairly 'blind' post, being that you're an exile and all, this was horrendously timed as he genuinely was awful. Im trying to provide a level headed and fact based opinion so you can see past your convictions that we blame refs too much and accept that whilst you raise a worthy point generally, you're completely wrong to make it on the back of that game.

JT I think that's one of your best posts and I argree

You don't half talk some shit

Archived