IGNORED

Referee

IdliketoRogerMoore

If I was Gerry Gow, Glenn Humphries or Robbie Turner I'd be thinking about making a comeback.

First ref I've seen in years who doesn't consider stamping on someone as worthy of even a yellow, the elbow used by their 9 was pretty shocking, too.

Welcome to nine months of ale house football....

Most referees tend to "favour" the home team but this one was definitely not the norm!! I know the first half goal was awful from our point of view but there was no way their left back could have controlled the ball on the half way line without handling it. The decison late on for a foull against Ryan Taylor when their player handled on the byline was another mind boggler!!

Truely diabolical ref today. Two late in the game challenges should have gone in the book as well as the jumping all ove players. I really hope that is not going to be the standard of refs today

Every single match, ever and all people do is criticise the ref I would understand if it was the odd ocassion, but it's every single match. Guys Refs are human, mistakes will be made. Some times that will go for us as well as against us. However because we didnt have the result that some would seem to expect the ref again becomes the scapegoat. Change the record! I wouldnt mind if it was the odd one or two games that people went ott, but it's every game and it's just looking for another scapegoat as to why we didnt win

Were you there? If not don't comment as quite frankly some of the decisions were scandalous.

Every single match, ever and all people do is criticise the ref I would understand if it was the odd ocassion, but it's every single match. Guys Refs are human, mistakes will be made. Some times that will go for us as well as against us. However because we didnt have the result that some would seem to expect the ref again becomes the scapegoat. Change the record! I wouldnt mind if it was the odd one or two games that people went ott, but it's every game and it's just looking for another scapegoat as to why we didnt win

I wasn't there but even the commentary team said he was awful.

Did you go today.....?

He was below par - some times it is a matter of interpretation, other times is simply the laws/directives of the game.

A tackle from behind is a caution - it is that simple. He didn't do it - He'll pulled up on it by his assessor and hopefully allowed nowhere near Ashton Gate again.

He wasn't one sided just really poor. Worse refs is something we'll have to accept in L1. The thing that was very noticeable is that he didn't talk to the players, no real communication.

I agree, we shouldn't jump on the ref or lino every game. I read that refs/ liners get something like 98% of decisions right.

Saying this, I thought today's ref was poor (hypocrite!)

I can understand that they're are human and make mistakes but he was well into double figures with some of his today

I said at the time if this match was played last season it would have been stopped every 30 seconds. Whilst we don't want that it was farcical at times today. It was like we were playing to different rules never mind different standards.

And again my point was missed, because people would rather be snide and want 'confrontation' or whatever

My point is, that every game, whether the ref was genuinely good bad or indifferent, every match day must have a 'bash the ref 'thread, and it usually correlates to us not having the 'expected result'.

So the ref was poor! This clearly that excuses our inability to win at home, and must be by default his fault because he missed a handball amongst other things? This place :grr:

Answer the question...............were you there?

Clearly a non attendee today because you wouldn't be saying that if you did!

And again my point was missed, because people would rather be snide and want 'confrontation' or whatever

My point is, that every game, whether the ref was genuinely good bad or indifferent, every match day must have a 'bash the ref 'thread, and it usually correlates to us not having the 'expected result'.

So the ref was poor! This clearly that excuses our inability to win at home, and must be by default his fault because he missed a handball amongst other things? This place :grr:

I repeat I wasn't there, but judging by the comments of the commentary team throughout the game, I am not surprised on this occasion that a thread has been started about the referee's performance in fact I would have astonished had one not been started. Guess what referee's do occasionally influence results with poor performances it would appear your point is a non point on this occasion.

Archived