IGNORED

Jordan Wynter

petehinton

Wow I think a lot of you watched a different game...First 10 mins, class act il agree. Very impressed, then I don't know if he took a knock but he was terrible except for the odd moment!He gave away a stupid free kick trying to kick the ball high.He can't head the ball, infact that was my main criticism today, our midfield lacked any Ariel ability at all. 2 embarrassing free kicks given away for attempting to kick a ball at head height.He looked absolutely shattered 30 minutes in, a DM should be protecting his defence but quite a few times the CBs were both marking men and killa and JW were both free.He floated about a lot of the time not actually making a tackle, and on occasions left his runner to double up with Maloney which could have left us massively expose on the right.On the ball he looked quite good and composed I agree but he is very raw and has a lot to learn. He's young an inexperienced so I'm not going to slate him as such, but if people think he was "outstanding" or "man of the match" then they weren't paying much attention to him off the ball...

Not quite as severe but I agree with some of this. He was decent but nothing more than that.

I would have give him man of the match

For me Wagstaff was MOM his work rate is unbelievable. No wonder CAFC fans are still raving about him.

Him and Wynter could be the best bit of business the club have made this summer.

Young hungry plays who love playing football, why did we not think of this before?

Was it just me that felt he looked slightly lightweight and didn't really do a huge amount? I felt he didn't have great awareness as a couple of times he had time to turn or move with the ball but he just tapped it straight back to where it came from. Maybe I'm being harsh. He didn't play badly by any stretch, but I felt he seemed intimidated by either the opposition or the occasion. Thought it was obvious he hasn't played first team football.

Anyway, tin hat on.

I agree he had a superb game, eclipsed by Flint who looked like a real leader and what we have needed for years. So happy with Sods signings. Wynter is going to be awesome and with pack I really am optimistic

Dont get me wrong he worked his socks off....an provides good balance to the side. Hopefully I will be proved wrong :)

I hope he does mate. I think Wagstaff will be the signing of the summer, I love the way he chases everything,

Maybe he ain't that great it might just be I've not seen a player put that amount of effort in at AG for ages.

I hope he does mate. I think Wagstaff will be the signing of the summer, I love the way he chases everything,

Maybe he ain't that great it might just be I've not seen a player put that amount of effort in at AG for ages.

He did chase everything but from where I was he had little effect. Also thought he was lightweight too.

Saying that he got a goal, if he can get us 5-10 goals this season then its all good. This is clearly his level.

He did chase everything but from where I was he had little effect. Also thought he was lightweight too.

Saying that he got a goal, if he can get us 5-10 goals this season then its all good. This is clearly his level.

Granted. This may be his level.

Maybe in getting ahead of myself with my praise, I'm just really impressed that a player wearing a Bristol City shirt is actually trying really hard. Not seen that for some time.

Keep it up Scott, I'm behind you this season!!

Granted. This may be his level.

Maybe in getting ahead of myself with my praise, I'm just really impressed that a player wearing a Bristol City shirt is actually trying really hard. Not seen that for some time.

Keep it up Scott, I'm behind you this season!!

He certainly worked his socks off, and glad he got himself into a position to score.

Not quite as severe but I agree with some of this. He was decent but nothing more than that.

Yea I tried not to be too critical of him as it was obvious he wasn't use to the pace of a competitive game. It'll be interesting to see how the next 5-10 games go and see if he improves on today. Despite how critical my post sounding, I think he's got the makings of a good player. I wouldn't like to see that midfield too often though, we need an aerial presence in midfield - massively lacked that with killa and Jw

Wynter was superb today. Covered loads of ground, bags of energy, and kept giving it simple all game. Always available to receive the vball. Won plenty of tackles whilst staying on his feet too.

Brought the best of Marvin and Lee Johnson (who I rate) to the midfield.

As long as be can stay fit we have a real gem.

Looked knackered after 70 minutes, right hand side didn't suit him but I'm in camp that thinks taking Bryan off was right, if for nothing else than we needed extra height on the pitch, and we weren't awash with options to play on right with no Adomah in squad. Think this lad will be class for us but don't think he'll start every game at the moment.

Was it just me that felt he looked slightly lightweight and didn't really do a huge amount? I felt he didn't have great awareness as a couple of times he had time to turn or move with the ball but he just tapped it straight back to where it came from. Maybe I'm being harsh. He didn't play badly by any stretch, but I felt he seemed intimidated by either the opposition or the occasion. Thought it was obvious he hasn't played first team football.

Anyway, tin hat on.

No I agree. Looked classy but seemed to expect a lot of time on the ball & a bit surprised when challenged. Perhaps this is the legacy of Arsenal system, as Prem players stand off rather than diving in. Different in the lower leagues. I think he probably has the ability to step up the tempo once he is used to it though. This was his first league start at any level I think??

I don't know what people were expecting (Vieira?!) but I thought he looked a class act for such a young player. Especially 1st half.

Always available for the ball, kept it simple, rarely gave it away. Cant believe he's only...19?

His first senior appearance in football - he will get better and better.

To me he has a touch of Cisse about him, won't give you that threading through ball, but sit in front of the back four breaking play up with a short pass away from trouble.

It's a shame that we lost Kelly, I think Kelly Wynter and Pack would be fantastic for us to watch. .

That would have been my preferred midfield 3.

Wynter, Kelly, Pack.

JW was outstanding until he was asked to play wide right. Given the amount of freedom Bradford were getting down there I thought SoD would have changed it

All in all, my man of the match, he shades it from Flint only as it was his competitive debut as I thought Flint was outstanding against that Yorkshire lump.

Archived