IGNORED

Joe Bryan

mikebrenn

Bryan has talent and could potentially be a mainstay of the side over the next few years. He got rave reviews for his performances on loan to Plymouth in L2 last term and I was pleased to see SOD decided to include him in the starting eleven. I am hopeful for the future of his partnership with Cunningham. Both are good players at this level.

His performance yesterday was mixed, and the decision to sub him was a fair enough call on SOD's part, but I was disappointed that other players did not seek to bring him into the game as much as they might have done. He is worth persevering with and I hope he retains his place for the next game.

People keep saying this is a young, inexperienced side and that we will have to be patient with them, with which I agree entirely. Bryan is a case in point and his situation exemplifies that of the side as a whole. If he were to become a regular member of the team, it would be his first full season at senior level. Players of his age are almost always a bit lacking in consistency and he will have ups and downs. Cut the lad a bit of slack. Youngsters like him must be the future of this club. Support and encourage him.

Archived