IGNORED

Joe Bryan

mikebrenn

How odd. I thought he was almost totally anonymous. He obviously has bit of skill about him and did have one good shot. But I honestly think he needs to get more involved. He'll certainly need to offer more to stay in the team. I couldn't help but compare the impact of the Bradford winger Reid when he came on. He saw plenty of the ball and caused problems.

Good luck to Joe Bryan though.

After all the talk about our new signings, I think this lad needs a mention.i thought he was brilliant today . unlucky not to score just before our first goal, ,comfortable on the ball and not afraid to take people on.well done young man

Didn't get enough ball today unfortunately. He's a very gifted player, versatile, pacy with quick feet. O'Driscoll is the perfect manager for him.

I am amazed he was not given the ball more - he was so hungry for it, pointing to where he wanted the pass, looking for the ball and often our player just ignored him - when he had the ball he looked very composed, good feet, and an obvious eye for picking players out - he needed to maybe confront players as to why the pass was not made, like Wagstaff did with Moloney when he did not play an obvious through ball to him to set him up and instead just held on and then wasted it.

Knew he would be raved about after a decent bit of skill and one decent run. Did nothing else.

Agree, looked very lightweight also and was too easily bullied off the ball. A few nice touches and flashes of skill but nothing much offered today. Hopefully more to come from him.

Apart from the piece of skill he was virtually anonymous. Missed Anderson hugely today I thought.

I get the impression him and Wagstaff are more the work horse types rather than players who will take he league by storm.

This I agree with you on, Corleone.

I think both Bryan and Wagstaff offer balance, discipline and work rate. Bryan started well but faded.

Bryan has excellent close control, seems fairly skilful and also appears to have the confidence to make these attributes useful. I think he's an exciting prospect and I'm very excited to see how his season pans out. It is nice to see a homegrown talent playing in the first team that appears to have genuine technical ability...not too mention a left footer on the left wing!

I think he just didn't have enough of the ball and faded in the first half, I do feel as mentioned above Bryan and Wagstaff are the two workhorses on the wing giving the width for JET to wreak havoc down the middle. I hope he is continuously picked though, he will get better match by match, as they say he did at Plymouth.

I think he just didn't have enough of the ball and faded in the first half, I do feel as mentioned above Bryan and Wagstaff are the two workhorses on the wing giving the width for JET to wreak havoc down the middle. I hope he is continuously picked though, he will get better match by match, as they say he did at Plymouth.

I think this summed up his performance. Excellent first 20 minutes and the faded away abit. I would also say he didnt seem to get himself advanced enough when we broke forward, he kind of reminded me of McInode in terms of his positional play, I was just wanting him to make a run in and behind or down the touch line, but he never quite seemed to make those runs...But he certainly has a very bright future with us.

Personally, I thought he was probably the most anonymous of our players today.

Nowt against the kid and all that, but there were at least 7 or 8 better performances out there today in a red shirt.

Personally, I thought he was probably the most anonymous of our players today.

Nowt against the kid and all that, but there were at least 7 or 8 better performances out there today in a red shirt.

I agree I thought the left was our weak link and Joe relatively anonymous everyone around me said they would be happier with Pearson playing there when fit, personally I'd like to see someone with a bit of pace so I'd give Joe a few more games but happy to see Pearson too.

He makes time for himself on the ball which is a great talent. This can work against you too as it can look as if you are too laid back. He does have some amazing skills though when he does get the ball.

Does he remind anyone else of Christian Robierro??

Agree, looked very lightweight also and was too easily bullied off the ball.

Really? I was surprised how strong he looked. The Bradford defenders were big lads and in front of us one tried to bully him off the ball but the defender was left flat on the floor! Reminded me of Mabbutt vs McQueen.

Started well and faded I thought. Right player to have been subbed off.

Really? I was surprised how strong he looked. The Bradford defenders were big lads and in front of us one tried to bully him off the ball but the defender was left flat on the floor! Reminded me of Mabbutt vs McQueen.

Started well and faded I thought. Right player to have been subbed off.

Agree - he is not the tallest of people, but he has enough strength to not get bullied of the ball and to force his way past people. As the season progresses and players start getting to know one another he will shine as he was always asking for the ball - always showing where he wanted the pass.... hopefully as we settle he'll start to receive those balls.

Archived