IGNORED

Sod And Adomah

Langford Red

I don't care what anybody says

Adomah should have been played (2 points dropped)

The excuse from SOD was pathetic

If Adomah was playing for The GASH, they would have played him

He could have said good bye to us

What happens if he does not go

We could have played him

Why is it right for another team to say when we can play him!

He attitude from SOD was said to be great

So why not play him

And don't say he could get injured

We could have played him

So why not play him

But what if he did get injured?

Good rant. So Adomah does his ACL, gets himself out for 9 months and his value is precisely nothing and we lose him next summer for nothing whilst paying his wages and medical costs, would you say 'well at least he played against Bradford'.

Incidentally the man who started ahead of him scored our opener in case you missed that!

Good rant. So Adomah does his ACL, gets himself out for 9 months and his value is precisely nothing and we lose him next summer for nothing whilst paying his wages and medical costs, would you say 'well at least he played against Bradford'.

Incidentally the man who started ahead of him scored our opener in case you missed that!

Arguably it was Bryan who started ahead of him.

Back to the OP, we don't know where discussions are, we may have agreed on a fee.

Too many risks, but we were dying out for a winger to come on, Wynter didn't look comfortable on the right side. Maybe we could sign that Ipswich kiddie now?

We could have played him

So why not play him

He wants to leave, we want to sell him, there is an offer to buy him.

Why would he want to jeopardise a move he wants by risking an injury in a team he doesn't want to play for anymore?

We could have played him

So why not play him

Why would rovers of played him? Fairly sure a fee has been agreed so no way he was able to play.

We could have played him

So why not play him

Do you know anything about good business? Actually dont answer that...because the answer is clear that you are clueless.

Cannot play him when he may about to be bought. If he gets a big injury we lose a hell of a lot more than a potential two extra points. Thats all it is as well, POTENTIALLY two points, nobody can prove he would have won us the game...we may have even lost.

Not a chance in hell would I want Albert playing when there's a chance of us getting a million pound transfer fee. SOD has already said that if he does go, we'll be able to look in other areas in our pursuit of signing another forward. Do you honestly think that AA would have put in anywhere near a decent shift and risk a move back to the championship by picking up an injury?. You're right that's exactly the sort of stupid thing that the gash would do though, I'm glad we've a head coach more sensible than that.

He gives a flying cow pat what the gas would have done, they are waste of the human kind. Albert wants out he has been good for the club but as he won't sign a contract its done. Totally right not to play him.

I don't see much point if So'D is trying to build a team and get them to gel by disrupting it all by playing Albert. We've got to move on without him.

...Why are ageing international players still used in friendlies and qualifying fixtures when they are unlikely to feature in the next major tournament two years later?

I agree with what you're saying because I've always believed if a player will not be included in the long term then it makes more sense to bring through a replacement and build their experience and confidence, for the individual and the team. Unfortunately the international teams do not mirror what Sod has done with adomah, he is right to do it because we are building for life without him now, and have been since January truth be told.

This is the sort of behaviour that sets our manager apart from others. He treats players like adults and he will have earned the respect of Albert, the rest of the squad and other clubs and future players we may wish to deal with. It's called integrity and it's a rare commodity in life. I applaud Sean for his actions.

...Why are ageing international players still used in friendlies and qualifying fixtures when they are unlikely to feature in the next major tournament two years later?

I agree with what you're saying because I've always believed if a player will not be included in the long term then it makes more sense to bring through a replacement and build their experience and confidence, for the individual and the team. Unfortunately the international teams do not mirror what Sod has done with adomah, he is right to do it because we are building for life without him now, and have been since January truth be told.

Because they are the best players and need to qualify in the first place.

Also if you are having a good season you deserve to be in international player.

This is the sort of behaviour that sets our manager apart from others. He treats players like adults and he will have earned the respect of Albert, the rest of the squad and other clubs and future players we may wish to deal with. It's called integrity and it's a rare commodity in life. I applaud Sean for his actions.

Completely agree - Think the Adomah situation is just one example of this integrity/honesty He also does this regularly in his summary of matches. He was obviously very up front with Eliott Parish about the fact he was after a number 2 and yet he still wanted to come. He also, as I said in another thread, was honest about JET - needs to be fitter. Quite clear that if not or if he becomes lazy or complacent he has no value to the team. I think we're lucky to have him and it seems the players value this and I'm sure it'll male them want to play as a team for the manager which has sometimes not been apparent in recent city teams.

We could have played him

So why not play him

Doesn't even rhyme.

Completely agree - Think the Adomah situation is just one example of this integrity/honesty He also does this regularly in his summary of matches. He was obviously very up front with Eliott Parish about the fact he was after a number 2 and yet he still wanted to come. He also, as I said in another thread, was honest about JET - needs to be fitter. Quite clear that if not or if he becomes lazy or complacent he has no value to the team. I think we're lucky to have him and it seems the players value this and I'm sure it'll male them want to play as a team for the manager which has sometimes not been apparent in recent city teams.

"very up front with Eliott Parish about the fact he was after a number 2 and yet he still wanted to come."

Perhaps he'd seen Frankie play and thought hé would n't have long to wait for a first team place.

Only jesting don't bite

We could have played him

So why not play him

Doesn't even rhyme.

I think it was more of an improv-rap / freestyleeee from Bicester "Rhymes" Red......

Not sure if the op is a troll, a sag troll, or just plain thick as pig shit! Plus just spotted hes been outed as Bcfc82 on the sag site .like I said not sure if hes on a wind up but some of the bcfc82 posts are an embarassment to a 4 year old! Sad and pathetic saghead probably.

You see

He still has not gone

So should have played Saturday?

We could be sitting with 3 points

And sold him some time later?

The manager knows whether his head is right or not better than anybody in the stand. There's a reason why you almost never see a player in this situation make the XI. So no, he shouldn't have played.

You see

He still has not gone

So should have played Saturday?

We could be sitting with 3 points

And sold him some time later?

And you know that he wouldn't have got injured? You realise a serious injury to him on Saturday could have cost the club in excess of £1m, yes?

And you know that he wouldn't have got injured? You realise a serious injury to him on Saturday could have cost the club in excess of £1m, yes?

That's a big if

SOD said he was up to for it with his head

but chose not to play our questionable best player

IMO we would have won the game

That's a big if

Would Adomah stopped Fielding running out, or McArdle winning a front post header? No.

That's a big if

How is it a bigger "if" than "if" Albert had somehow gotten us an extra 2 points?!

Arguably if Adomah had started Wagstaff would have been on the left and probably not where he was when he put the first goal in the back of the net.

Bottom line is you don't know how far negotiations were and there's no way you're going to jeapordise a transfer of a player who we will shortly lose for nothing if we don't sell. By your logic if we're guaranteed 3 points just because Adomah's on we shouldn't sell him at all as he'll be worth 138 points a season. :doh:

Archived