IGNORED

What Did He Do Wrong?

bcfcrobin

1) He brought nice and neat passing to the city side

2) finished 3rd in two successful seasons by very little points

3) lost in play off final

Is it me or has DW been a success at bcfc but just very unlucky when it comes to actually getting promotion!

I'd agree with Robbored, i'd imagine the job description came with the simple aim of gaining promotion.

I think most people forgave him the first 2 seasons as he was getting rid of the deadwood and styling the squad in his own manner, but we should have gone up in the last 2 seasons.

Nice guy, we played some good football at times, but he didn't do the job he was brought in to do

4 years.

1.5 odd MILLION pounds on players

We are still in this division

Defensive poor football

Dismal substitutions

Tactics worthy of pub football

Players out of position

Would you like more ?

He has had more money and resources, than any other division 2 manager, yet has managed to be surpassed by Plymouth, QPR and brighton who have spent less than 150k on players in Plymouths and brightons case and about 350-400 from QPR.

We have got absolutely nowhere, while he has been here. He picked a team to defend a 1-0 lead in a one off match against a side who were always going to sit back.

He simply does not havethe tactical awareness or motivational skills to be a good manager.

Agree with Spud55

Why are many of the pro-Wilson camp keep saying:

I know it's an exact quote bcfcrobin - it's not a dig at you personally, but it's what many of your camp are saying.

The problem is he's had four years and this is all he achieved.

Yes, he has. But when he was brought to this club he had two goals - stabilise the club, and get it promoted. He's failed at one of these, with the most backing (financial and academy) in this division

And lately we've been passing when we shouldn't be - how many times on Sunday did we have a player with a clear shot on goal outside of the 18 yard box, only for them to predictably pass outwide again, which we could see was being ineffectual.

Or passing neatly backwards?

Passing will only get us so far. We have to shoot sometime

Hardly an improvement season by season, especially when you consider dropped points against clubs that we should really have beaten

And what a loss that was. Rubbish team, rubbish bench, rubbish tactics. How do we move forward from that?

Guest okeeffe69

thnk god he gone, i will put my life on it this time nxt yr we will be in the division 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wilson rly didnt want to go up!!!!!!!!

Archived