IGNORED

Astonishing Quote In Today's Ep

"These are not scenes we are used to seeing in Cardiff and we are committed to keeping football a safe environment"

This from the Football Liason officer at Cardiff City. I'd have thought he would have been one the most experienced in the country, having to put up with his lot week in week out.

"These are not scenes we are used to seeing in Cardiff and we are committed to keeping football a safe environment"

This from the Football Liason officer at Cardiff City. I'd have thought he would have been one the most experienced in the country, having to put up with his lot week in week out.

Its called a selective memory. Just like he does not remember them playing in Blue and then selling out.

What is he referring too? Our away fixture last year?

Say that again kev. I know one of the lads arrested and i can assure you all he has been stitched up. Unless your actually guilty of anything ,dont give in the old bills bull shit pressure like my mate did. Its operation panther that needs investigating. Half of the heavy handed tossers with batons and hi viz need investingating. Biggest firm around. For you coppers thats read this, get a life and get your heads out of your asses. You are supposed to protect and serve not bully and bull shit

I can't say I was too impressed seeing BCFC's website being used as crime stoppers and asking fellow fans to grass

without knowing the full facts of these fans SO CALLED crimes!! Coppers are no angels to you know, remember walsall

away a few years back.

there is no such thing as ''A fair cop'' anymore???

Will this copper on the horse get action taken against him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7DQLq8d0C8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaSB4aaYIX0

Off this topic but on topic for Police corruption and brutality, were it not for an intrepid American filming the actions of a Police officer batoning and then pushing down Ian Tomlinson in London, Ian Tomlinson's death would have been recorded as a heart attack and not a murder. I'm wondering if the copper targeted Ian Tomlinson because he recognized him as a Millwall supporter - we may never know for sure.

100 year ban seems harsh, but i don't know what the actual charges are?

I don't think i saw anything from the Cardiff game to warrant this, and especially where some of the alleged offences took place (post-match ny gate outside away end), if anything the police completely provoked and aggravated any disturbance at that point.

Overall it seems unfair and too bureaucratic.I hope those lads have managed to still get into the gate through other people buying them tickets, etc.

I was quoted in the press at the time about the problems in the pub with the flares and furniture, which I felt was dealt with just in time.

We were filmed all day and some of the accounts coming out after the game about how fans were treated does demonstrate some selective evidence being used. Whilst the Supporters Club and Trust cannot condone illegal activity, as a witness of one that day, I can testify to some of the policing being over the top and have let the football club know my feelings about displaying fans pictures on the club's website.

I was quoted in the press at the time about the problems in the pub with the flares and furniture, which I felt was dealt with just in time.

We were filmed all day and some of the accounts coming out after the game about how fans were treated does demonstrate some selective evidence being used. Whilst the Supporters Club and Trust cannot condone illegal activity, as a witness of one that day, I can testify to some of the policing being over the top and have let the football club know my feelings about displaying fans pictures on the club's website.

Very disappointing the stance that the club took, feel for the fans who have been banned as the police were over-reacting all day long, with the tactics used by the police i'm surprised many more weren't nicked, i suppose it's just part and parcel of being a football fan that even your club turns against you at the drop of a hat.

I wasn't there, so cant judge in this case,

But..

Wasn't there fans there burning flags in pubs, letting of fire works in closed areas, and vandalising property? Is this true ? Are theses the people charged?

As I say, I wasn't there, so treat me gently I'm only asking !

I wasn't there, so cant judge in this case,

But..

Wasn't there fans there burning flags in pubs, letting of fire works in closed areas, and vandalising property? Is this true ? Are theses the people charged?

As I say, I wasn't there, so treat me gently I'm only asking !

Most of the people arrested and charged were for what happened after the game which was started and provoked by the police.

Another reason why i have lost my buzz for watching City treated like a sub-human the moment you don't just sit there waving a plastic flag draped in the latest over priced club shirt.

Things happen at games that aren't always right but there is sometimes a feeling that over reaction takes place ,the slightest incident gets a over hyped response a bit of shouting , pushing, ect gets described as a riot .

Been to Ninian Park loads of times over the years and yes bricks and alsorts came over the away end when it was uncovered the police have stood there while coins and stuff was thrown from the main stand into the away end.

That is not right and anyone arrested for throwing bricks,coins,darts ect deserve court action and a banning order but since Cardiff's transformation into a super safe plastic bowl club their less than saint like past has been buried like their history.

Oh I see, so we are not talking about the dick heads burning flags and smashing up pubs etc. they should receive long bans and prison sentences IMO !

I don't know about after the game, but it's not the thing I e ever been involved with. The police have always gone OTT, and there's no defence for that, but I've also seen many a copper with blood dripping from his face as mindless degenerates throw bottles and coins. It's a shame the few Fxxx it up for the masses, as there is no way the police would act this way at a cricket match or rugby game, so as I say the minority have made it what it is. But please don't confuse my thoughts with defending the police in this situation as I don't , and lets not even take seriously what the fool at Cardiff has to say

Say that again kev. I know one of the lads arrested and i can assure you all he has been stitched up. Unless your actually guilty of anything ,dont give in the old bills bull shit pressure like my mate did. Its operation panther that needs investigating. Half of the heavy handed tossers with batons and hi viz need investingating. Biggest firm around. For you coppers thats read this, get a life and get your heads out of your asses. You are supposed to protect and serve not bully and bull shit

You are quite right but, the law are there to protect and serve the company not ordinary people like you or i, They actually work for uk plc ltd, or whatever the company name of the country is this year.

To be fair, the club probably didn't have any choice; they will have been presented with a report which contained the same evidence used to convict these people and they need to be seen to be combatting hooliganism

The policing of football fans is still a big problem IMO- the concept of human rights seems to go out the window as soon as you buy a ticket for a match. That said, football fans as a collective don't always help themselves with scenes like those at Preston last night; despite the fact that 36 matches passed off peacefully at the weekend, the press will always fixate on the 37th where there's a pitch invasion and police horses charging across the pitch

Not saying it was someone our fault at Cardiff btw; I wasn't there but there are enough people on here crying foul of the police to make me believe all is not well

I hate to stir up a hornets nest, but of the 36 people identified, 32 have pleaded guilty. 2 await trial and 2 yet to be identified.

So I don't really understand the stitch up. Why plead guilty if they did nothing wrong?

You make your bed, you lie in it.

I hate to stir up a hornets nest, but of the 36 people identified, 32 have pleaded guilty. 2 await trial and 2 yet to be identified.

So I don't really understand the stitch up. Why plead guilty if they did nothing wrong?

You make your bed, you lie in it.

A lot of people plead guilty for an easier life, a few I know did so.

Get a 3 year ban and that ends it, or fight it and lets he honest judges and the police hate football fans.

A 3 year Ban for telling a police officer to **** off in one case, that's just mad.

A lot of people plead guilty for an easier life, a few I know did so.

Get a 3 year ban and that ends it, or fight it and lets he honest judges and the police hate football fans.

A 3 year Ban for telling a police officer to **** off in one case, that's just mad.

You plead guilty, it becomes written in history that you did it. You can't then whinge.

3 years is tough, but then matey boy did make the choice to say those words. Football fans only have football fans to blame.

Archived