IGNORED

Celtic Closure

Forza Revolution

I was at the Cliftonville game, and it was a great atmosphere. Fireworks at a football ground are obviously not a clever idea, but the banning of 'lateral movement' is pathetic, I sit at the opposite end to the ground from the Green Brigade and it looked brilliant. Celtic have blamed presuure from UEFA, I would have hoped that UEFA would have more important things to worry about that fans jumping from side to side and having a good time. Depressing.

And whats funny is UEFA don't give a flying tit about Celtic fans safety, this is an ass covering exercise in the tiny case it may collapse and kill fans.

No brainer really all the UEFA structural engineer had to do was 'hint' at the possibility. Yeps that'll do, this is an personal attack at the Club. Celtic fans are going ape shi+

'Body surfing' haha.

But on a serious note isn't this just UEFA clamping down on Celtic with their other misdemeanours in Europe as well? The club are just trying to keep them happy without the threat of playing a European game behind closed doors.

Exactly, should be a sad day for any football fan.

On a slightly different note, I see Walter Smith has resigned from Rangers after the latest bout of in fighting. Sad day for Glasgow football, much as I dislike Rangers as a team, Walter Smith is a decent man, and just the sort of bloke who should be on their board.

Exactly, should be a sad day for any football fan.

On a slightly different note, I see Walter Smith has resigned from Rangers after the latest bout of in fighting. Sad day for Glasgow football, much as I dislike Rangers as a team, Walter Smith is a decent man, and just the sort of bloke who should be on their board.

Can't see McCoist lasting long as manager now with Walter Smith gone and especially with Charles Green being reappointed to the board or is he now the financial consultant? In any event he had some damning words for the manager and playing staff.

Hate their politics - but this just highlights the failure of all seated stadia as the nanny state steps into protect those that do not need any protection.

+1.

"I would have hoped that UEFA would have more important things to worry about that fans jumping from side to side and having a good time. Depressing."

Do you not realise? We are just there to turn up, buy merchandise, sit in neat rows and applaud politely at the final whistle.

+1.

"I would have hoped that UEFA would have more important things to worry about that fans jumping from side to side and having a good time. Depressing."

Do you not realise? We are just there to turn up, buy merchandise, sit in neat rows and applaud politely at the final whistle.

They're even allowed to stand up at CRICKET matches now but not, alas, at football :(

They're even allowed to stand up at CRICKET matches now but not, alas, at football :(

Constant complaint of mine. We supposedly have the same law for all in this country, but no.

You can stand to watch, with a beer in your hand at first class cricket & rugby matches, but not football. Is that because they are "elitist" sports? They even stand in the Royal Enclosure at Ascot!

My son lived in Huddersfield for a few years. Go to the Galpharm to watch the Giants and you can stand, drink and banter with the stewards. Go a few days later when Town are playing and those same stewards make you sit down, alcohol is banned and they are no longer pleasant jokey types.

Someone will prob now post that we football fans have brought this state of affairs on ourselves.......

Archived