IGNORED

Fans Preston Vs Blackpool

Robin 101

It's been World War 3 up here all day. Local Derby, first in years. Evening kick off no boozer clousures. Bravo who ever though that was a good idea Buses have been smashed, cars set on fire, at least two pubs trashed. Fans pulled from coaches and arrested and now the pitch invasion and steward injury and pitch invasion. Great that they won but. Nahhh no need for that, it will be worse later, apparently the city centre is a no go zone at present. Awesome stuff

Yes, I have a mate who lives in Preston who's described the centre as "lively".

I was suprised they gave Blackpool so many tickets, they seemed to have the whole away end.

Yeah, cos this is clearly what football is all about :/

1098060_10201541515197109_2049705240_n.j

article-2385085-1B2972FF000005DC-484_634

Safe Standing is not gonna go ahead with crap like this happening! Ditto Bubble removals etc etc etc

What on earth has safe standing got to do with that? Are you seriously saying that said idiots would be more likely to run on the pitch if they were stood up than sat down?

Deepdale is all seater (ie the PNE fans were supposedly sat down. They weren't BTW) and they ran on the pitch! Safe standing would have no bearing whatsoever.

Please explain your SS comment as I haven't a scooby doo what difference it could possibly have made?

Yeah, cos this is clearly what football is all about :/

1098060_10201541515197109_2049705240_n.j

article-2385085-1B2972FF000005DC-484_634

Safe Standing is not gonna go ahead with crap like this happening! Ditto Bubble removals etc etc etc

What has rail seating got to do with this? Its about as revant as saying that after this disorder we are banning malteasers from sale in the food outlets.

As I saw it a fan hit the steward who who feel to the floor and was then trampled on by the horse. What was absolutely shocking was that fan responsible for the punch then proceeded to film the steward being trampled by the horse on his phone. Not a good start to the season!

I find it ridiculous when coppers on horseback go steaming in. Anyone would think its a full scale riot. Most of the time its Numpties running on the pitch who just jump around

Solution is to just let stewards deal with them and as a precaution the coppers on horseback can head towards the halfway line

In response to you both there is one line of thought regarding safe standing that means that crowds will have to behave themselves in grounds for the authorities over here to accept it, Events such as the pitch invasion last night show that crowd's cannot be trusted to the authorities, so is not going to help the case for a return to standing, is it?

I can't see any reason why crowd disturbance should have any relevance to safe standing WTGR. Let's be honest here, all seater stadia were implemented to avoid another Hillsborough disaster and the problem there was never crowd disturbance rather problems getting people into the stadium.

I follow your logic but cannot see that crowd 'trust' should have any bearing on reintroduction of standing areas when the only way to avoid what happened last night (in the stadium) woudn't be seating but would be to put the fences back up, god forbid!

PNE fans on pitch winding Blackpool up, Plod Horses come on, a steward falls over, horse just walks over him......unreal.

I thought police horses were trained to only do that to miners, long-haired students and football fans :o

Archived