IGNORED

Bradders

Evander SnowyField

Sorry if there has already been a thread on this but there's a bit of a storm in a teacup brewing on twitter this last few days, saying Bradley Orr has been disrespectful to Blackburn and has posted a photo of himself next to a huge BRFC poster with the word 'honesty' on it and he is obviously mocking it by laughing uncontrollably...

...I have no idea what's going on so I've searched tweets with his name and he's getting abuse from all angles and some tweets are suggesting he is to have his contract terminated and some others are suggesting he has said he wants to come back to city. Bit lost on me, he was omitted from their squad photo and appears to be on his way out.

Cover for Maloney? What's that saying about things are never as good second time around?

I've got massive respect for Bradley Orr but he was signed by Blackburn in the Premier League on what I would assume are premier league wages. We've got a very good right-back and, whilst we need a player to cover him, I firstly think Orr is better than that and secondly think his wages would be unsuitable for a cover option anyway. If we were in the Championship in a good financial position and were in need of a first-choice right-back (which I don't think we are as Moloney is far from the weakest link in our team) then I'd be all for it but I think, as it stands, he's not the right player for us at the moment.

Good luck to him wherever he goes though.

It would be an embarrassment of riches for a League 1 club to have Maloney and Orr in its squad. We need a promising 20 year old as cover for Maloney. Though I think SO'D has resigned himself to either Wilson or Carey if need be. If Maloney is out for some time I'd presume a loanee would be brought in. That could be Orr.

I've got massive respect for Bradley Orr but he was signed by Blackburn in the Premier League on what I would assume are premier league wages. We've got a very good right-back and, whilst we need a player to cover him, I firstly think Orr is better than that and secondly think his wages would be unsuitable for a cover option anyway. If we were in the Championship in a good financial position and were in need of a first-choice right-back (which I don't think we are as Moloney is far from the weakest link in our team) then I'd be all for it but I think, as it stands, he's not the right player for us at the moment.

Completley agree with this.

Absolutely spot on.

Brad wouldn't fit into our wage structure anymore.

Next!

Orr is the sort of player you want in your corner. Don't underestimate the mental strength of the likes of him and Jamie mac, basso and what it did for us for a few years.

To be honest we couldn't afford him and he'd have championship options if he left Elwood I'm sure. I'd love to see him in a city shirt again though, he developed so much at city not least as a person.

I think there were a few who thought we could find a better right back but the grass wasn't greener for sure.

Milo, if brad would like to come back on OUR terms then I would welcome his leadership but the BCFC he left paid big bucks. We don't anymore.

Come back on a reasonable wage, as a leader, then fine. After wages comparable to what Blackburn are probably paying him? No chance!

It would be an embarrassment of riches for a League 1 club to have Maloney and Orr in its squad. We need a promising 20 year old as cover for Maloney. Though I think SO'D has resigned himself to either Wilson or Carey if need be. If Maloney is out for some time I'd presume a loanee would be brought in. That could be Orr.

Joe Edwards perhaps? :whistle:

We stood by him after he went to prison, we improved him as a person. He sort of owes us really so if we were in for him I would hope he would consider it on that basis. He certainly is the type of character SOD would like in the dressing room.

And the question of who should be captain would be solved.

we improved him as a person

To be honest, all the rest about City sticking by him etc is true but BO improved himself - he deserves credit for his own improvement.

Let's face it, he could have been Joey Barton MKII but showed his mental strength and maturity.

On our terms, would take him back straight away definitley an exception to the 24+ for his 'been there done it' experience with City but can't see him taking the cut

Archived