IGNORED

Steven Caulker

AshtonGreat

I was thinking much the same...Bale 100 times better than Albert?

No, it's a ridiculous concept. Actually it's only when you see Premier League players in the flesh that you realise they're not THAT good. I was taken to Old Trafford in January and the likes of Rooney and Van Persie flattered to deceive. They're just human but the media makes them look like Gods (Messi is probably an exception ha)

A good example is THAT overhead kick that Rooney scored. He'd been awful in about three competitions before that...almost a figure of hatred. But as soon as he scored that goal against Man City - which, lets face it, could just as easily ended up in row z, the media replayed it and replayed it until he became some demi-god again

21 Year Old English defender, played 100+ games, 40ish at Premier League, International Expereince both at the Olympics with GB and One England Cap and Goal.

£9m. Good Deal that they will probably make money on unless relegated.

No, it's a ridiculous concept. Actually it's only when you see Premier League players in the flesh that you realise they're not THAT good. I was taken to Old Trafford in January and the likes of Rooney and Van Persie flattered to deceive. They're just human but the media makes them look like Gods (Messi is probably an exception ha)

Until you see berbatov live. Then you see how much better he is than anything in the championship. Movement. First touch awareness, different class. Looks languid, but watching him of the ball. Well I'd make a video of it so much to learn for players at champ and lower.

££££££

Hope that veers you toward the most likely reason.

I think that's harsh on Caulker. Since he was 17 he's shown that he wants to play. Not many 17 year olds would happily leave London for Yeovil. He then went to us and Swansea to get games. Last season Spurs gave him plenty of games before christmas, but in the 2nd half he barely played - he isn't suited to Villas-Boas defensive strategy of playing a very high defensive line. He is suited to playing in a side where the back 4 drop off as he reads play in front of him brilliantly. He is a Tony Adams / John Terry kind of centre half, not a Ferdinand kind of player.

Yup, wants to be the best footballer he can and equally the best dad he can be

I don't think he's worth 9million, I think British, especially English players cost too much, we are an overated nation in terms of football, only British half decent players join fellow British teams, yeah maybe because of the premier league, best league in the world, maybe? But don't see many play abroad these days and that's cuz they cost a lot more than your average Joe, when abroad a half decent player is a cheap buy and knows he hasn't got to the top the easy way, knows he is lucky to have a great oppourtunity

Rodger Johnson (now in the 3rd tier with Wolves) joined Birmingham from Cardiff for £5m 4 years ago.

Matt Mills went from Reading to Leicester for £5m+ in 2011.

That's the standard of centre back £5m buys you.

Caulkner is class miles better than either and also an England international, so I'd say £8 or £9m for him is probably a bit of a bargain.

At the time Roger Johnson was young and hungry and quite frankly a great player.

Archived