IGNORED

My Opinion Of Tonights Game

Big Hev

On the way back from a good evening out in gillingham, lots of positives tonight.

Jet looks dangerous whenever he gets the ball, was involved in both goals as he was on saturday, his work on the byline was fantastic for the first goal good finish by baldock which will hopefully push him on as he is very much a confidence goal scorer.

my man of the match (though it could have been one of many) was Marlon Pack was allways there to recieve the ball when he did he pushed into space got his head up and picked the right pass, his accurate long range passing reminded me of brian tinnion his vision and reading of the game is fantastic.

of course there were some negatives, akinfenwa caused all kinds if problems for fontaine who was completely unable to get goal side, and maloneys inability to stop the crosses coming in meant there were a few nervy moments but flint seems to be the leader weve been looking for, and the clean sheet will do a world of good for their confidence.

Kilkenny looked like he did in the southampton game two years ago, he was the player who kept the ball moving and dictated the play.

was surprised by how late the substitutions came especially after the second goal, and was dissapointed not to see wagstaff get some game time when late on it looked like the kind of game he would be suited to.

Was infact stood behing wagstaffs family at the game and had a good chat about his reason for coming to us and it seems the odriscoll way his very much a big factor in his decision to come to us, clearly has a desire to play his football on the ground something that hasnt happened recently at charlton.

overall lots of positives to take out of the game and think the result goal scorers and cleansheet will prove to be fantastic confidence boosters ahead of saturdays game :)

COYR

On the way back from a good evening out in gillingham, lots of positives tonight.

Jet looks dangerous whenever he gets the ball, was involved in both goals as he was on saturday, his work on the byline was fantastic for the first goal good finish by baldock which will hopefully push him on as he is very much a confidence goal scorer.

my man of the match (though it could have been one of many) was Marlon Pack was allways there to recieve the ball when he did he pushed into space got his head up and picked the right pass, his accurate long range passing reminded me of brian tinnion his vision and reading of the game is fantastic.

of course there were some negatives, akinfenwa caused all kinds if problems for fontaine who was completely unable to get goal side, and maloneys inability to stop the crosses coming in meant there were a few nervy moments but flint seems to be the leader weve been looking for, and the clean sheet will do a world of good for their confidence.

Kilkenny looked like he did in the southampton game two years ago, he was the player who kept the ball moving and dictated the play.

was surprised by how late the substitutions came especially after the second goal, and was dissapointed not to see wagstaff get some game time when late on it looked like the kind of game he would be suited to.

Was infact stood behing wagstaffs family at the game and had a good chat about his reason for coming to us and it seems the odriscoll way his very much a big factor in his decision to come to us, clearly has a desire to play his football on the ground something that hasnt happened recently at charlton.

overall lots of positives to take out of the game and think the result goal scorers and cleansheet will prove to be fantastic confidence boosters ahead of saturdays game :)

COYR

Nice one mate have a safe trip back.

Nice one hev.

Did the midfield stick to a rigid pattern, or did players interchange in a more fluid formation? From commentary it sounded like Pack sat deep, wynter left, killer right and Elliott through the middle, but it sounded like killa wynter and elliott rotated position! Always hard to tell from the radio as they spend 70% of the time chatting shite.

Nice one hev.

Did the midfield stick to a rigid pattern, or did players interchange in a more fluid formation? From commentary it sounded like Pack sat deep, wynter left, killer right and Elliott through the middle, but it sounded like killa wynter and elliott rotated position! Always hard to tell from the radio as they spend 70% of the time chatting shite.

Yep, thanks BigHev.

I thought it sounded as if Pack, Killa & Wynter were all continually on the ball, whereas Marv didn't sound as if he was involved much in the passing, nor did it sound like he was pushing forward either.

Was it more like 3 ball players, interchanging and all getting forward, back and to the sides, with Marv as the stopper in a withdrawn, holding role??

That's what it sounded like to me, although you're right, Hoskins chats shite all game so you can never tell.

Midfield where very affective particularyl as elliot was a bit of a passenger for much of the game, ran around like a headless chicken for much of the game, broke up the play every now and then and surprisingly was able to pass when he did get the ball but went miasing for large parts of the game.

in terms of width you would have been hard pressed to notice we played no wingers, maloney and cunningham both played well when attacking with JET and Baldock often finding themselves in wide positions, personally i would have had wagstaff on for elliot to provide more natural width.

but yes pack was deep kilkenny played more deep, but there was so much fluidity in the whole team that you would struggle to place who was playing what position if you went to the game with no prior knowledge about the team.

wpuld be very pleased with pack kilkenny wynter wagstaff and JET in a fluid midfield 5.

Fielding maybe looked dodgy to some because he had to punch a few times, but i think any keeper in thos positions would have been forced to punch the ball as fontaine was failing to deal with the threat of akinfenwa so fielding was forced to take action himself.

there was one moment in the second half where he started coming out for the ball and remembered saturday and stoppes and got caught in no mans landed but the situation was dealt with by flint.

whenever any shot of significance came at him he looked comfortable.

maloney looked fantastic going forward and when a player was running at him but when he was following a player down to the byline i dont think he managed to block a cross once, i think he just needed to takw few more chances and throw his body into the blocks rather than sticking a leg out in ahalf heatted attempt, but thats me being picky :P

He was the worst of a very good bunch, and didnt make the mistakes of last season, did some good mop up work and looked assured in his tackles on the ground.

I think fontaine will come good the more confidence he gets but tonight he was poor when it came to any airial threat was caught wrong side more often than not.

still clean sheet will do him good if him and flint can get some kind partnership going then im sure he will have a season like we were accustomed to from him a few years ago :)

i was the worst of a very good bunch, and didnt make the mistakes of last season, did aome good mop up work and looked assured in his tackles on the ground.

I think fontaine will come good the more confidence he gets but tonight he was poor when it came to any ariel threat was caught wrong side more often than not.

still clean sheet will do him good if him and flint can get some kind partnership going then im sure he will have a season like we were accustomed to from him a few years ago :)

The point being that he's still the weak link, proved that on Saturday and again tonight,. SO'D obviously thinks he can turn it around, so we need to get behind his decision and hope it will get Fontaines confidence levels up.

if you were basing his performance on his attacking play then 100% he was fantastic,

just defensively he could have done more to stop crosses coming in, still as others have said if thats him not 100% fit then hes gunna be a fun one to watch this season :) almost grabbed himself a goal aswell

Radio Kent had Fontaine down as our one obvious weakness, was he that poor.

No one wants to see a player lose confidence, I'm sure we'd all like to see him back to his best but there has to be a time when enough is enough.

...it seems he is picking up where he left it last season and of course this wont be missed by SOD.the goalposts can only stretch so wide.as for Fielding Derby fans say hes keen on punching{the ball}! and not big on catching!!!

COYR

Great report son! I It was hilarious when I started talking to the lady in front of me.

Me -Have you come far to the match?

Lady-No we live in Maidstone

Me have you always lived in Maidstone?

Lady -Yes

Me- So what makes you support Bristol?

Lady -I'll get my husband to explain that.

Man-Well (cough cough) we are Scott Wagstaffs parents actually!!!!!

Very nice genuine people!

Lady -Yes

Man-Well (cough cough) we are Scott Wagstaffs parents actually!!!!!.........and will you please get your hands off my wife!!!

Great report son! I It was hilarious when I started talking to the lady in front of me.

Lady -Yes

Was she fit?

Lady -Yes

That's a relief I would be worried if they were robots.

Lady -Yes

what makes you support Bristol?

Oooops "Bristol" now you 've done it

Archived