IGNORED

League Cup - 2Nd Round - Home To Crystal Palace [Merged]

ollywhyte

I know everyone is really excited that we finally won a cup tie, but you do realise we'll end up playing against some sides second string, do you?

Yes,

But these things only come round every 4 years so it's nice to enjoy it before the inevitable disappointment

Lots of local attractions left in, Swindon, Cheltenham, Yeovil or Newport, I would take any of those home or away.

The teams City could face in round two are:

Everton, Liverpool, West Brom, West Ham United, Norwich City, Fulham, Stoke City, Southampton, Aston Villa, Newcastle United, Sunderland, Reading, QPR, Cardiff City, Hull City, Watford, Crystal Palace, Leicester City, Bolton Wanderers, Nottingham Forest, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Burnley or Birmingham City.

One of Leeds United, Blackburn Rovers or Huddersfield Town (prioritised in that order) will also be seeded, dependent on tonight's results.

From a purely selfish point of view, Leeds or Derby away would be good for me (I presume we can't draw Barnsley or Hudds now because of the seeding?). Failing that, drawing a big team may lead to a TV slot and I can't imagine we're going to be 'live on Sky' too much this season...

I know everyone is really excited that we finally won a cup tie, but you do realise we'll end up playing against some sides second string, do you?

I hope we do - it'll be like playing a first round game again as they won't have had much game time this season.

I would enjoy a big away for the relaxed nature of the carling cup on Villa, Liverpool, Everton etc.'s part and we'd take/attract enough fans to make it an occassion even if we played a second string.

Home game please!

Hopefully tickets would be around the £10 mark but just imagine the carnage this would cause in the ticket office though, trying to add tickets to existing season cards, issuing new tickets for collection at the game…!

Doesn't bear thinking about. Probably more convenient to travel to Blackburn or Bolton ;)

Always get excited with cup draws always to be let down with a shite draw

Most of us have forgotten what it's like to get excited by a 2nd round draw though!

Anyone at home for me.

It's hard to understand the excitement of some in wanting to visit a 'top' club/ground, see their fringe players and reserves, and no doubt get knocked out anyway in front of a small and largely disinterested home crowd.

Cup games, at this stage anyway, are all about being at home and having the best chance to progress.

Everton or Liverpool away please!!!

I would like Liverpool, but then I remember that I have continuously reminded a former house mate of a certain result at anfield ever since I first met him.. He must be the only Liverpool fan who has wanted to draw us every year for the past decade!

Archived