IGNORED

Andy Stockhausen !

coxyboy

Was that him? I never put 2 and 2 together but now you mention it the writing style did look familiar. I miss the old 606 board and there were even some good g*s posters on there, but he definitely was the worst of the trolls.

I always liked 606; a bit more inter-team camaradery and less agro. I'm 99% certain it was him, I called him out once and he didn't deny it

He's not in the closet; he used to be king troll on the old BBC 606 message boards posting as 'Randy Stockingtop'. He was always trying to wind City fans up and being a general arse. Very professional for the journalist in charge of covering Bristol City in the local paper...

See him at Glos with his little enclave of gas brown nosers, ugh !

I've never met him, but I do feel a bit sorry for him at times.

From my understanding, the EP's newsroom is not a happy place to work - with half the staff of the past trying desperately to do double the jobs + all the sub-editing (the proof reading, if you like, and layout) is done from Plymouth and mistakes are always being introduced to the Bristol journo's copy.

Add to that a tvat of an editor on their backs for scandal *exclusives* and stories about 'hooliganism' and I'd say it's no wonder Stockhausen has turned to drink!

Being a regional newspaper journalist is a lot harder a job than some of the armchair critics here reckon. I did it ages ago and I'm bloody glad I got out!

Think your final paragraph is the answer if it is that bad. If you don't like your job leave it.

I know easy to say with bills to pay.. but if it is as bad as you say it is.

Bloke is still a bellend though :) met him at a night out once.

From my understanding, the EP's newsroom is not a happy place to work - with half the staff of the past trying desperately to do double the jobs + all the sub-editing (the proof reading, if you like, and layout) is done from Plymouth and mistakes are always being introduced to the Bristol journo's copy.

Add to that a tvat of an editor on their backs for scandal *exclusives* and stories about 'hooliganism' and I'd say it's no wonder Stockhausen has turned to drink!

Being a regional newspaper journalist is a lot harder a job than some of the armchair critics here reckon. I did it ages ago and I'm bloody glad I got out!

I don't really know him, but I am led to believe that the issues with drink pre-date any imbecilic editor making his life harder than it maybe should be.

Just out of interest RR what's wrong with the Editor, i've met MN many times & always thought he was a decent bloke (apart from being a Gashead)

Archived