IGNORED

Just Over 1000 Tickets Sold For Coventry Game

Robin 101

I said in the other thread I am not sure why so many fans don't get this.

There has been a lot of hostility to the way fans at Ashton Gate have been treated over the last few months. East End, Poor Food, People getting into games late etc. If Steve Lansdown was a rubbish chairman or just pulled the plug all of sudden then City fans would have every right to also make a stand, Especially if we started playing games in Cheltenham.

I applaud Coventry City fans for making a stand.

Latest press release encouraging Coventry fans to attend the charity legends game at the RICOH instead of going to Sixfields:

Thinking of going to Northampton on Sunday to protest: DON’T!

‘This Sunday is all about the Ricoh!’, is the message from Coventry City fans who support the Keep Cov in Cov/Not One Penny More campaigns. Campaign Coordinator, Michael Orton, explained: “there has been some talk of holding protests this Sunday at Northampton to coincide with the Bristol City game, and even suggestions of trying to disrupt the match itself. But only one person will gain from any sort of disruption or disorder and that’s the head of sisu, Joy Seppala. She would love to dismiss City fans as nothing more than hooligans”.

Instead, all City supporters who oppose the move to Northampton are being urged to attend the Coventry City Former Players Association charity match at the Ricoh Arena. The CCFC Legends v Midlands All Stars game kicks off at the Ricoh at 2pm on Sunday, 11 August.

The theme of the Ricoh event is ‘Let’s all sing together’ and will celebrate the 130th anniversary of the formation of Coventry City Football Club and enjoy a real sense of community. Charities which will benefit include Cancer Research UK and Acorns Children’s Hospice. “Amidst all the Seppala-sisu saga – most recently being deducted a further 10 points - celebrating our Club, and City fans standing together, is exactly what we need to do” added Michael “so we’d just say, if you want to show your opposition to the move to Northampton then keep well away from Sixfields on Sunday and get along to the Ricoh for what promises to be a great afternoon”.

For anyone who wants to continue getting the Keep Cov in Cov message heard after Sunday, Michael has confirmed that late afternoon on Wednesday 14 August there will be a further protest in central London as he said: “in addition to big events like last month’s 7,000 strong march and rally and this Sunday at the Ricoh, our focused small scale actions have generated fantastic media and public support and that’s what we need to keep doing.” Further details will be announced shortly or supporters can email keepcovincov@gmail.com or call/text 07716 406 221.

Yeah, it says 7k not 9k!

Also, there will have been many a game i'm sure down the years - either a big club doing well Vs a small club struggling or when the likes on Leeds, Man City etc drop to the lower leagues and indeed, pretty much everytime Man Utd used to play Wimbledon at Selhurst park - there must be loads of examples of there being more away fans than home fans.

One that springs to mind relating City (could be wrong) Bolton away 89/90? Chester away. Also, I seem to recall reading having near the same attendance as us at the gate a while back, they were right up the top of the table and we were lower mid table mid table?? one of the last games of a season about 10-15 years ago..?

Coventry fan here. I just thought id clear up some comments made by BCFC fans and why the boycott is taking place. Coventry have sold 467 tickets for the 'home' game vs Bristol City. 100 of these are corporate tickets. The reason for 'not supporting our team' is because this sorry sage is not about football any more. SISU want to buy the Ricoh on the cheap by trying to force ACL (owners of the ricoh) out of business and forcing them to sell. ACL refuse to sell to SISU. What we are trying to do is force SISU out of the club by giving them no forms of revenue at all. Before the end of the season they will have no option but to completly liquidate the club or return to the Ricoh. The other option is to relocate the club to Northamptonshire in the same sort of incidence as Wimbledon. Coventry fans have collectively agreed that there is no return to coventry as soon as that first ball is kicked in Northampton. Our owner is convinced that after 3 games we will folow to northampton which will not be the case. Our away support is fantastic and even better this year considering our plight.

I urge all BCFC fans to purchase a ticket and hopefully double the amount of fans at the game. There is supposedly 15,000 turning up at the Ricoh for the charity game and Sky Sports have cameras at both stadiums to show the significance of the difference of fans.

There is one game in October, 'home' to Sheffield United, where some sort of mass protest is going to take place. Our aim will be to disrupt the game as much as we can, live on sky, and make the biggest statement in the footballing world. That is the only game that we will fill the stadium. there is talk of a pitch invasion and fans sitting down on the pitch refusing to move. It is classed as a peaceful protest and the police are powerless to arrest. therefore any revenue gained from that one game will be shipped out on fines the club will recieve.

Im not so sure however, there is talk that an american billionaire and and chinese investor are fighting it out for ownership of the ricoh and the winner wants to purchase the club, this is why starving them is paramount. If the club cannot be purchased the 2 investors have said that they will form a new Covenbtry club playing at the Ricoh.

Get yourself up sixfields and I hope and sincerely expect you to more than double the 'home' fans.

Good luck with the rest of the season youll beat us, you always do

The kind of slogans they're using are:

'Sisu out'

'Football Clubs not franchises'

'Real Football, Real Fans - Empty Words'

'Cardoza/Clarke/Seppala - why are you killing CCFC?'

'CCFC @ Sixfields - Cobblers'

'Why, why, why, Seppala?'

'Send Coventry to Coventry'

If anyone going feels so minded to knock up a quick banner and take with them, I am sure it would attract the right sort of media coverage for both clubs.

I urge all BCFC fans to purchase a ticket and hopefully double the amount of fans at the game. There is supposedly 15,000 turning up at the Ricoh for the charity game and Sky Sports have cameras at both stadiums to show the significance of the difference of fans.

So we trun up and sing all game and make it look like there are no Cov at all in the ground? I personally don't think, as away fans, we can impact the boycott enough for it to make a difference and i'll happily be a party to any demonstrations of support for Coventry -

'Sisu out'

If anyone going feels so minded to knock up a quick banner and take with them, I am sure it would attract the right sort of media coverage for both clubs.

Some of those would work better as non-CCFC fans how would be the best way of co-ordinating anything?

'Sisu out'

More effective might be some large banners over empty blocks of seats, simply stating "You will not see us here"

Archived