IGNORED

Lambert For England

Manon

Good luck to him, hope he scores a hat-trick against Scotland. At least he's earned the right to be in the squad, unlike most of the "superstars".

100% agree with this; remove the rivalry aspect and that's all it comes down to. He's been picked on form rather than his name, which can only be a good thing.

Whilst I said he deserves the call up in another thread, there's an interesting stat going around on twitter about another striker selected:

31 defenders scored more goals in the Prem than Danny Welbeck last season.

But how many times did Welbeck actually play up front for ManUre? He generally played on the right wing for them. I don't think he's an amazing player and I agree that if he played for, say, Norwich, he'd not be in an England squad (though there is the Frazier Campbell anomaly) but he's better than he gets credit for and has always played well for England when given re chance

Calling up Lambert is a fairly pointless exercise; Pochettino has made it clear he wants new strikers so he's not gonna get much game time for Saints this year, but fair play to the bloke as he played well last season. You have to think though; if he'd not wasted the first half of his career on PieMinister and lager he might have got more than the token cap he's likely to get now

I have no problem with Lambert but he won't go to Brazil so just don't see the point in picking him.

Cause he deserves an England call up after the season he has had.

If I was the joint top English scorer in the Prem last season I would be miffed if I wasn't picked!

If Lambert plays then Scotland better call up Louis Carey as Carey had him in his pocket and made him look a right mug last time we played them.

Really? i'm sure the last game was 2007? deciding goal scored by ?

Maybe Carey had a hole in his pocket at the time?

Lambert deserve his chance simply for being top English scoring forward last season, if he had that extra bit of pace he would never have played in the lower leagues, but his footballing intelligence makes up for his lack of pace in the same way it did with Teddy Sheringham (who worked his way up via the lower leagues as well with Millwall)

If Lambert Plays more than half hour against the jocks i'd put money on him scoring, the most naturally talented all round footballer ive ever seen at the gas and we have had some bloody good srtiker in that time

Lambert deserve his chance simply for being top English scoring forward last season, if he had that extra bit of pace he would never have played in the lower leagues, but his footballing intelligence makes up for his lack of pace in the same way it did with Teddy Sheringham (who worked his way up via the lower leagues as well with Millwall)

If Lambert Plays more than half hour against the jocks i'd put money on him scoring, the most naturally talented all round footballer ive ever seen at the gas and we have had some bloody good srtiker in that time

I think you need to remember who Lambert plays for now.

:facepalm:

fair cop!! :facepalm: ... (still lambo was obviously more than up to carey back then in 07 and has improved no end since) Lambert has proved to be somewhat successfull & i'm sure he can cope with the one game Carey played well against him in! ( not slagging Carey in anyway , a good pro who has had a good career)

what other players have been on Bristol Clubs books (not inc loans) and played for England?

Andy Cole

Bobby Zamora

Nigel Martyn

Gary Mabbutt

Keith Curle

John Ateyo

Geoff Bradford

Ronnie Dix

Larry Lloyd

John Scales

Mark Walters (After England!)

Russell Osman (After England!)

Gerry Francis (After England!)

Mick Channon (After England!)

Alan Ball (After England!)

Norman Hunter (After England!)

Terry Cooper (After England!)

Joe Royle (After England!)

must be more from your side?

fair cop!! :facepalm: ... (still lambo was obviously more than up to carey back then in 07 and has improved no end since) Lambert has proved to be somewhat successfull & i'm sure he can cope with the one game Carey played well against him in! ( not slagging Carey in anyway , a good pro who has had a good career)

what other players have been on Bristol Clubs books (not inc loans) and played for England?

Andy Cole

Bobby Zamora

Nigel Martyn

Gary Mabbutt

Keith Curle

John Ateyo

Geoff Bradford

Ronnie Dix

Larry Lloyd

John Scales

Mark Walters (After England!)

Russell Osman (After England!)

Gerry Francis (After England!)

Mick Channon (After England!)

Alan Ball (After England!)

Norman Hunter (After England!)

Terry Cooper (After England!)

Joe Royle (After England!)

must be more from your side?

David James, Englands number 1!

Rooney Defoe Sturridge Welbeck Carroll

Lets see what happens this season. If Welbeck and Carroll score more each than Lambert this season ill be very surprised and if they do & they'll deserve their place on the plane (if we get there !!)

Until then the top scoring Englishman in the Prem deserves a crack at it at least.

Sturridge will grab plenty of goals for Liverpool this season.

I think he might as well. if played through the middle. Coutinho (Spl) could be an absolute revelation linking up with him.... this is the considered opinion of my Liverpool supporting mate at work who rarely misses a game.

I think he might as well. if played through the middle. Coutinho (Spl) could be an absolute revelation linking up with him.... this is the considered opinion of my Liverpool supporting mate at work who rarely misses a game.

Coutinho is class and will constantly supply Sturridge and Suarez (when he comes back and of course if he stays) with a hatful of chances per game. Think they possibly might be in with a shot of a Champions League place, don't think it will be as straightforward this season in regards to the other 'big 5'.

Coutinho is class and will constantly supply Sturridge and Suarez (when he comes back and of course if he stays) with a hatful of chances per game. Think they possibly might be in with a shot of a Champions League place, don't think it will be as straightforward this season in regards to the other 'big 5'.

Looks like Suarez has aliented not only the manager but a lot of fans now, it will be hard for him to come back. Might be worth just getting shot of him abroad rather bring a bad influence around the camp.

Still not sure Liverpool will get into the top 4 I think Arsenal are showing signs of spending now, Man U, Man city Chlsea and Spurs are all ahead at the moment, it will take some clawing back.

Best thing from what I have seen, is for them to remove Captain fantastic from the side altogether. The guy, although talented and a figurehead for the team, also ruins them as a team, I think a lot of payers there have the mind set of let Gerrard dig us out of this hole, when he isn't in the team, from the bits and pieces I have seen, all of them take more responsibility on the pitch, making them a better team.

Looks like Suarez has aliented not only the manager but a lot of fans now, it will be hard for him to come back. Might be worth just getting shot of him abroad rather bring a bad influence around the camp.

Still not sure Liverpool will get into the top 4 I think Arsenal are showing signs of spending now, Man U, Man city Chlsea and Spurs are all ahead at the moment, it will take some clawing back.

Best thing from what I have seen, is for them to remove Captain fantastic from the side altogether. The guy, although talented and a figurehead for the team, also ruins them as a team, I think a lot of payers there have the mind set of let Gerrard dig us out of this hole, when he isn't in the team, from the bits and pieces I have seen, all of them take more responsibility on the pitch, making them a better team.

Its unbelievable that Suarez has bitten the hand that feeds.. Liverpool have been so loyal to him and backed him to the hill over his past misdemeanours and shafts them like this, very ungrateful. Clearly a great player but has psychological issues, a similar incident happened pre Ajax days although I cant remember the club he played for before he took them to court to sign for Ajax.

I totally agree about Gerrard, the other players were far too dependent on him to dig themselves out of a hole. It is a bad mindset for the other players on the pitch to take and they will be a better team without him. My dad (Liverpool and p/t Gashead) has been saying the same for a few seasons now

Its unbelievable that Suarez has bitten the hand that feeds.. Liverpool have been so loyal to him and backed him to the hill over his past misdemeanours and shafts them like this, very ungrateful. Clearly a great player but has psychological issues, a similar incident happened pre Ajax days although I cant remember the club he played for before he took them to court to sign for Ajax.

I totally agree about Gerrard, the other players were far too dependent on him to dig themselves out of a hole. It is a bad mindset for the other players on the pitch to take and they will be a better team without him. My dad (Liverpool and p/t Gashead) has been saying the same for a few seasons now

I can't say I have much sympathy with Liverpool over Suarez, he has previous, and to be honest he comes across as a pretty vile individual on the pitch. Now they are on the end of it. Seems they were willing to brush stuff under the carpet when it is in their interests but not so when it effects them. To be honest the Suarez saga is a very sorry part of Liverpool's history, and he has helped dragged them through the mud, which they for some reason happy to follow. They have only got themselves to blame. Get rid of him, move on and try and get back some of the reputation they have lost.

I think the club before Ajax was Gronigen or spelling similar to that.

Part of me is sympathetic towards Suarez in all this. I mean the poor guy has to team up with Glen Johnson, Henderson, Downing, Joe Allen and Borni FFS. That's enough to make anyone want to leave for better things.

:laugh: indeed!

I can't stand all the crying fron Liverpool about Suarez being disrespectful to the club.

They disrespected the footballing world by backing him during his race issue. They defended him for the wrong reasons and for this they don't deserve respect.

Don't respect Suarez, I stand up for Rodgers telling him to train alone.

Coutinho is a top signing, won't be suprised to see him giving Sturridge, Aspas and Suarez (if he stays and issues are resolved) good service this year.

Liverpool are looking stronger than they have done in recent years but IMO will still be slightly off the top 4/5.

Archived