IGNORED

Lambert For England

Manon

Shows the lack of quality English footballers for what it is.

For play to the lad, has actually got himself in good shape since Leaving rovers where his diet consisted of pies, pies and pies.

If I recall rightly he was actually in good shape when he joined Rovers.

So you could say he's done VERY well to get to the prem and England call up despite playing for Rovers

Whilst I said he deserves the call up in another thread, there's an interesting stat going around on twitter about another striker selected:

31 defenders scored more goals in the Prem than Danny Welbeck last season.

Ah, but any of them play for Man U?

I think Lambert has earned the chance to show what he can do at international level. He's been a goalscorer at every level he's played at and I had no doubts at all about him being able to score goals at championship level/Prem level.

He will certainly bring more to the squad in terms of his all round game than the pony, ponytailed one from east laaandan

Whilst I said he deserves the call up in another thread, there's an interesting stat going around on twitter about another striker selected:

31 defenders scored more goals in the Prem than Danny Welbeck last season.

Agree Welbeck is average.

I was one of the ones who thought he'd struggle in the Championship and he proved me totally wrong!

Good luck to him proving us all wrong at International level too...

Me too.

We'll just have to try and put his unfortunate past as a portly Rovers player, bulging out of those vile gas quarters, behind us.

To be fair to the bloke, no doubt he'd like to delete that period too..... :innocent06:

Some of your lot think you will get some money out of it. Is that right??

No idea mate; BBC Bristol's Ali Durden seemed to think we wouldn't but I know there were a few add ons in the sale but I would have assumed they were things like appearances and winning things with him in the squad; can't be many transfers within League One that have international appearance clauses?

Archived