IGNORED

Joe Morrell?

Kermit the Frog

Interesting and recent article on him here: http://www.gazetteseries.co.uk/sport/10436479.Football__Talented_Morrell_looking_to_progress_at_Bristol_City/

Sounds like we owe McInnes and McStay one for this, as he was very close to joining Liverpool.

Looks as though he will sign a two and a half year deal in January, wonder if he will be loaned out? Would love to see him have at least a couple of goes at professional football this year whether at this level or in the basement

All depends oh his attitude

If his Is good then for me it's simple, you take him aside and say we're going to reward you for some excellent performances and give you a go in the jpt, it's not make or break, you've nothing to prove its just a reward, play your natural game and enjoy yourself, come Monday it's back to work with the u18/21's.

If he does well then next time maybe he trains with the senior squad (eg).

There's no success or failure involved, the experience won't break him but it could make him.

All depends oh his attitude

If his Is good then for me it's simple, you take him aside and say we're going to reward you for some excellent performances and give you a go in the jpt, it's not make or break, you've nothing to prove its just a reward, play your natural game and enjoy yourself, come Monday it's back to work with the u18/21's.

If he does well then next time maybe he trains with the senior squad (eg).

There's no success or failure involved, the experience won't break him but it could make him.

This is what I hope will be happening with a lot of our youngsters. I think it's excellent that the new style of football that Bristol City are adopting is being used throughout the club. This could and should make it easier for players like Morrell to have a go at some first team football.

If the attitude and performances are right of course ;)

I get the feeling he will be bigged up by the fans just like all our other exciting talent of yesteryear, and end up at Weston.

That is not negativity, that is just what we do. This year give reid a chance was the cry, this year we buy three new midfielders, one that is younger than reid, who gets straight in the team.

It seems we just don't trust what is coming through, and that is pretty much most managers apart from Benny truth be told.

I get the feeling he will be bigged up by the fans just like all our other exciting talent of yesteryear, and end up at Weston.

That is not negativity, that is just what we do. This year give reid a chance was the cry, this year we buy three new midfielders, one that is younger than reid, who gets straight in the team.

It seems we just don't trust what is coming through, and that is pretty much most managers apart from Benny truth be told.

This is changing though. Look at Joe Bryan.

Developed through reserves, loaned out and then starts first game of this season.

Bobby Reid is slightly further behind in development but still in first team contention.

I expect others will follow this path, like Brundle and Morrell with this season in the development squad then maybe loaned in January with a view to starting first team action next season,

TRL Wynter is better than Reid at the moment, that's not negative that's just fact. That's why he was at Arsenal and Reid was with us. I still think Reid will play a fair bit this season and will be an important player for us in the future. Also I don't think anyone expected Wynter to be a first team starter when he signed but he's proved himself in pre-season and has impressed me so far.

Archived