IGNORED

Joe Morrell?

Kermit the Frog

This is changing though. Look at Joe Bryan.

Developed through reserves, loaned out and then starts first game of this season.

Bobby Reid is slightly further behind in development but still in first team contention.

I expect others will follow this path, like Brundle and Morrell with this season in the development squad then maybe loaned in January with a view to starting first team action next season,

Oh don't get me wrong I see changes.and it looks like it was tactics that removed Bryan from the team against the gills. And I hope both he and reid become successful here. I just have the feeling we have more wilson's than Brennan's coming through. I tend to get the feeling we have good players but without the real mindset to push themselves on. Whereas someone like Brennan went right out of the comfort zone moved abroad and strived to be the best he could. I maybe wrong, but that is the impression I get, many think the hard work is done because the have got their first professional contract.

I get the feeling he will be bigged up by the fans just like all our other exciting talent of yesteryear, and end up at Weston.

That is not negativity, that is just what we do. This year give reid a chance was the cry, this year we buy three new midfielders, one that is younger than reid, who gets straight in the team.

It seems we just don't trust what is coming through, and that is pretty much most managers apart from Benny truth be told.

I was just about to say that, he might be the next Tristan Plummer after that infamous you tube clip.

That chipped goal was absolutely superb. If you saw that in the premier league you wouldn't hear the end of it.

In fairness if you saw defending like that in the Premier League you wouldn't hear the last of it! Good finishing though.

TRL Wynter is better than Reid at the moment, that's not negative that's just fact. That's why he was at Arsenal and Reid was with us. I still think Reid will play a fair bit this season and will be an important player for us in the future. Also I don't think anyone expected Wynter to be a first team starter when he signed but he's proved himself in pre-season and has impressed me so far.

I know, and that is the point I am trying to make. The academy shouldn't make the player, the player makes the player. If we had the true ability coming through along with the correct mindset, reid would be starting (not necessarily in wynter's place).

Fingers cross he can push on.

The noises and the appearance of more youth in the match day squad is better and I'll start to believe in it once we have sustained appearances in the starting line up. It is time the financial outlay on it, started reaping rewards in spite of the academy status system allowing what is perceived best talent leaving for peanuts.

I know, and that is the point I am trying to make. The academy shouldn't make the player, the player makes the player. If we had the true ability coming through along with the correct mindset, reid would be starting (not necessarily in wynter's place).

Fingers cross he can push on.

The noises and the appearance of more youth in the match day squad is better and I'll start to believe in it once we have sustained appearances in the starting line up. It is time the financial outlay on it, started reaping rewards in spite of the academy status system allowing what is perceived best talent leaving for peanuts.

It was interesting to see a tweet from Kevin Krans yesterday.

He retweeted an account called "AthleteMotivation". The quote was along the lines of, "There is only one person responsible for how good I can be."

Looks like Krans at least has the desire to be successful.

Edit: "I'm not sure what my future holds... But I know who holds it." The actual quote.

I was just about to say that, he might be the next Tristan Plummer after that infamous you tube clip.

This is my thought. Social media, youtube and the like I believe can be a real killer. Once it is out there that someone looks special, the pressure is on. Nothing worse than hinking you have made it, when in truth you are no where near it.

Fans should not get carried away with kids that turn it on against kids. Let them develop without the spotlight on them if they are good enough, they will make it.

It was interesting to see a tweet from Kevin Krans yesterday.

He retweeted an account called "AthleteMotivation". The quote was along the lines of, "There is only one person responsible for how good I can be."

Looks like Krans at least has the desire to be successful.

Edit: "I'm not sure what my future holds... But I know who holds it." The actual quote.

Aye. He holds the key. How far do you want to push. As much as people slate the very top players over money life style etc, they are the ones who not only had the talent ( there are loads out their that had the talent but not the focus who stack shelves or the like) but the desire to make that talent work. Now they reap the rewards. If people agree or disagree with the rewards is another thing entirely :)

Nice to see the confident passing football through out the club now.

The football at the lower age levels that I have seen has been of a good quality for several seasons now, the issue always seemed to be the step into the senior level and not finding the game played the same way.

Interesting and recent article on him here: http://www.gazetteseries.co.uk/sport/10436479.Football__Talented_Morrell_looking_to_progress_at_Bristol_City/

Sounds like we owe McInnes and McStay one for this, as he was very close to joining Liverpool.

The frustrating thing for me around McInnes' dismissal was the fact that he was putting a lot of long term plans into place. It might be that he was trying to be a DOF too much and missing the issues at first team level, but I think we will be hearing lots of similar stories in the next couple of years.

Joe is probably one of the only youth players who will probably make it at a high level. He turned down liverpool where as many other players at the club have either been released by a big club or Bristol are the only team that wants them. Why not big him up, he is a very good player so deserves for people to praise and big him up. He's stayed at Bristol to give him the best chance of getting league football as early as possible and if Bristol don't offer this then another team will snap him up and it will be a talent lost by Bristol

Joe is probably one of the only youth players who will probably make it at a high level. He turned down liverpool where as many other players at the club have either been released by a big club or Bristol are the only team that wants them. Why not big him up, he is a very good player so deserves for people to praise and big him up. He's stayed at Bristol to give him the best chance of getting league football as early as possible and if Bristol don't offer this then another team will snap him up and it will be a talent lost by Bristol

Who?

Very good player, really hope he gets a chance but at the same time hope he is broken in slowly. I do however agree that the team our boys were playing against there aren't the best by any stretch. Saw Joe a few times in the local leagues last year, top division of course, i believe it is the ''A'' or ''I'' (not sure) and tbh some of the players in there looked very good and almost at joes standard, granted he has progressed since then but my main point is we should really look more at the local leagues for more young players as you get a few gems albeit very raw ones. I recall a game last year where the side my grandson were playing (can't recall the name now top division though) had a left back who was about 6foot and built like a brick sh*t house, looked more like a rugby player but by god the speed of him was electric. Quickest player on the field by far, good with both feet and played some beautiful balls-winger he was up against was about half his size (not literally but you know) and didnt get one cross in, he switched to right back second half and looked just as comfortable their, found out after the game that was his first ever game at the top div and much like joe he looked a class apart, don't know what happened to him though, will have to ask my grandson.

EDIT: Sorry for my bad punctuation etc, very tired but can't sleep due to new meds :laugh:

Bobby Reid has made 13 appearances in professional football, most of them as a sub, and people are already slagging him off as a failure!

Clearly Jordan Wynter has took off better and is a year younger but Wynter looks almost fully grown and as big as most of the men on the pitch!

Once Bobby Reid has been given a good run of matches on the pitch then you can start judging him, from what I've seen the boy has talent, and will fit in well with the SOD style of play, I expect to see him as a direct replacement for Kilkenny!

Archived