IGNORED

Untitled

cityloyal473

I'm playing devil's advocate here a bit but:

What I find interesting is that, at the beginning of the Football League, clubs regularly changed their names or kit colours or whatever. At what point did fans as a whole say "nope, that's it. Nothing can ever, ever, ever change again".

Don't get me wrong - the Cardiff thing was incredibly cynical - changing the kit colour, nickname and everything. But all this seems to be is using an existing nickname in the name instead of something that was there 100 years ago. I'm sure Hull fans'll be up in arms about it but, unless we all think Man United should be called Newton Heath and Arsenal should be Woolwich Arsenal and, for that matter, we're going be going back to Bristol South End at some point soon, I'm not really sure why we're fine with name changes a century ago but 'have to throw our arms up in panic today.

Don't get me wrong - I'd be unimpressed if Landsdown suddenly changed our name to Bristol City Robins but, if I really thought about it, I'm not sure it'd massively dilute the identity of the club - it'd be Bristol City [some other nickname] where that'd really become an issue.

This quote sums up everything I hate about modern football and rich owners who don't give a toss about the fans

"In the commercial world, the shorter the name, the better. The more it can spread quickly.

"It is about identity. City is a lousy identity. Hull City Association Football Club is so long."

Re branding is just bollocks imo

" I'm not really sure why we're fine with name changes a century ago but 'have to throw our arms up in panic today"

Maybe because a century ago, that club did not have 100 years of history behind it?? Just a thought.

I blame marketing tossers, sorry but these re branding exercises are a vein attempt to increase revenue, nothing else.

I would never change my name, (uuuur actually i did from Ciderhider to Teddy Wong) but not IRL. It would be like trampling over your grandparents grave saying you suck and I hate you for your name, how could you do that?

I blame the fans of football clubs... seriously.

The reason football is the way it is, is because fans put up with it. They just roll over, make some noise via forums or a few banners.

Clubs know this, and do exactly what they want.

The only way Football will sit up and take notice is if fans speak with their feet. But they won't... and so it will continue.

Money is the root to all evil... the sooner that is sorted out the better.

I'd love a scenario where fans of all Clubs stopped going for a season. Football would have to change.

If clubs folded...so be it. I'd love for it to all start again under new laws, regs and direction.

"My dislike for the work 'City' is because it is common. WAT?!

"In the commercial world, the shorter the name, the better. The more it can spread quickly. Ohh my god I hate him!

... Lets force JL and SL change our name to 'b' then, because shorter is better in the chimerical world!! and the commercial world is all that matters aye?, screw what happens on the pitch, so long and the name is short we're onto a winner, shorter is better. lets remember that....girls?

*****ing asshat

Genuine question.... This is nothing of the level that Cardiff went too, which was a disgrace! But... If some foreign investors promised to spend enough to get us promoted to the prem and we knew for fact that we would achieve it within 2 years, would you accept this in return for our name being changed to "Bristol City Robins"?

I mean, our own fans (some of) have been kicking up a fuss about getting the Robin back for years anyway.

Provided we never lost the "City" it would seem a small price to pay, if kit colour and all major factors of who we are, etc stayed the same.

" I'm not really sure why we're fine with name changes a century ago but 'have to throw our arms up in panic today"

Maybe because a century ago, that club did not have 100 years of history behind it?? Just a thought.

To be honest, if I had 100 years of Hull City's history behind me, I might quite fancy a clean break.

To keep going with the devil's advocate thing, nobody ever calls them "Hull City" anyway. Everyone just calls them Hull... I can't see the name change is going to make a difference outside of the odd pub quiz.

Genuine question.... This is nothing of the level that Cardiff went too, which was a disgrace! But... If some foreign investors promised to spend enough to get us promoted to the prem and we knew for fact that we would achieve it within 2 years, would you accept this in return for our name being changed to "Bristol City Robins"?

I mean, our own fans (some of) have been kicking up a fuss about getting the Robin back for years anyway.

Provided we never lost the "City" it would seem a small price to pay, if kit colour and all major factors of who we are, etc stayed the same.

My bigger concern would be long-term sustainability of the investment. I don't want someone pumping a load of money in and then suddenly withdrawing it Portsmouth or Anzhi-style.

I think if it was put to a vote and the fans asked their opinion first, then it wouldn't be a problem.

Unfortunately most Clubs never ask the fans their thoughts.

They rely on the fans for income, but don't really show their appreciation.

This is why I wish fans would speak with their feet, instead of just moaning on forums.

But hull are already The Tigers, so if this helps increase revenue, meaning under FFP they can expand, then surely that's the good thing?

If they renamed them Hull Sports Direct City Wizards, then that's probably going to far.

A mate of mine says there's talk of Leeds getting investment from red bull, and either renaming the ground, or being called Red Bull Leeds United. There's history in this - Salzburg and New York already have this.

Nonono, I don't want some oil thief toying about with our club, I want JL and SL whom I trust.

\I'm not convinced about Bristol Robins, I'm happy with Bristol City, its our identity, its who we are, we can never change it!

It will happen - sooner rather than later. It's another revenue stream, and with FFP and the youth system while big clubs can steal players for nothing it's not longer about building teams of players, ifs all about getting the most money in, and has been for a while.

Re branding is just bollocks imo

I blame marketing tossers, sorry but these re branding exercises are a vein attempt to increase revenue, nothing else.

I would never change my name, (uuuur actually i did from Ciderhider to Teddy Wong) but not IRL. It would be like trampling over your grandparents grave saying you suck and I hate you for your name, how could you do that?

You could dig them up and say sorry.

I can't imagine for one minute that the Hull City fans will take this lying down. Along with the Huddersfield fans they did a great job of taking on West Yorks police about the 'bubble' status of their game at the end of last season, which was totally unjustified.

An earlier poster mentioned that they're sometimes referred to as just 'Hull' anyway. I'd say that's probably by the same lazy gits who refer to either us or The Blue Few as 'Bristol', which is the rugby union club - Hull has a similar problem, Hull FC and Hull KR are the Super League clubs, not 'Hull'.

Time for a new league, one built by the fans.

Rules being that the clubs must follow the 51% rule as in Germany.

All clubs must have at least 15% of their capacity priced at under £15 a game.

No more than 10% of a capacity can be priced above £20

Of any starting 11, 5 players must be English and 7 players must be English in the 18 man squad.

Of the 18 man squad, 2 players must be graduates of or part of the clubs academy system.

Clubs must own their stadia (could be removed but it would help avoid what coventry are going through)

A club that makes losses for 3 consecutive seasons will be docked 10 points. Entering administration is a relegation, and being liquidated is removal from the system.

Any other rules?

Archived